Altec Industries Employee Reviews

I would not recommend for long term employment
Hydraulic Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 July 2018
I worked there a few years ago.
Union environment, you don't get anywhere with hard work and dedication.
I worked there as a mechanic, and there was no help from other mechanics, you're basically on your own from day one.
One of the mechanics, also a welder, who I thought was decent turned out was talking behind my back to management.
Management was incompetent in their handling of sensitive situations in the shop.

I would not work there again, and have since then steered people I know away from there. I disliked working there.
Pros
Cons
No help from co workers.
Not a good place to work at all
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2018
Worked there some time ago. You have to be in the "inner circle" to be treated like a human being. Management are really bad. Lots of verbal abuse I suffered at their hands and the so called leader does nothing. Everyone is related to each other and if you aren't, good luck. Lots of back stabbers there. You help them one day, next day they don't know you.
Pros
No pros that I could think of
Cons
Everything is bad about this place. Bad Management
Poopy money, a good stepping stone in the career
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario16 April 2018
I would repair units all over the area. I learned you need to watch your own back as people will always try to screw you over. The hardest part of my job was watching idiots get praised for doing a poopy job. There was no enjoyable moments.
Pros
Lots of hours if you want them
Cons
Garbage pay
Not a good place to work at all
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2017
Worked there a few years back. Disrespectful, harassing, bullying is a common practice in the workplace by supervisors and employees. Nepotism is prevalent. Laid me off just when I would have qualified for 4 weeks' vacation. Got a better job. Would never work there again.
Pros
Cons
Management hiring their own relatives.
Grate place to work
Melectro hydraulic technician (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 February 2017
Amazing company and good people to work for.
Very flexible with family life and work is very much available,
training is top knotch.
Lots of travel
Terrible place to work for, terrible management, union in the shop so no real work was done
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 October 2016
Hired as a supervisor a few years back, lasted less than a year. Major promises made to get you in the door, but once employed there was never enough money to do what they said. Prior supervisors had screwed the system so bad when I took over I was blamed for jobs being over quoted hours before they even arrived, by thousands of hours. My manager had a huge chip on her shoulder, was a workaholic and already had one heart attack already because of it. Expected to work overtime as salaried employee, very little formal training on systems. Branch mechanics were unionized and incredibly lazy except a few. Overall the worst place I have worked in 30 years.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, unrealistic management expectations, poor management.
terrible place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON10 May 2016
if you want quick training do not work here, if you are younger than 20 years old they feel the need to baby sit you they never give you a full opportunity to do a real job.. management has their head stuffed so far up their behinds its incredible, everything is put off to the last minute and they take forever to get you your proper training.. management is very unorganized, some of the employees are rude, but many of them are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
good benefits, co-workers are friendly and helpful
Cons
management is rude and unorganized

Want to know more about Altec Industries?

Ask a question