AltaLink Employee Reviews

Admin at AltaLink
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2019
Wonder full company, variety of work very professional work environment. Learned a lot being employed by an one of the well managed private sector organization. Excellent management respect and recognition for employees.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Productive Work Environment
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2019
The work was interesting, worked with diverse group of people, the company provided all that was needed for work even when travel was required. There was a lot of change of management and people moving to different departments.
Positive work environment
COMMUNICATIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2019
I worked at AltaLink for a one-year term in 2015 and found the corporate culture to be positive. Leadership and expectations were reasonable, teams appeared to be supportive of each other and there were plenty of opportunities to get involved. Streamlined processes and organizational development were a focus, which made a typical work day fairly smooth.
Pros
Supportive management, friendly culture, regular internal communication, gym on site
Altalink
Operations Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2018
Excellent company to work for with a strong corporate and employee culture. Challenging but rewarding environment in the Operations Department with excellent support from AltaLink employees.
Positive thinker and problem solving SCM Professional
BUYER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2018
Support and manage competitive bid process for materials and services including developing competitive bid documents, managing the bid process to ensure fairness and compliance, evaluating bids and making recommendations.

30 % of my time I create, negotiate and manage contracts in order to effectively manage AltaLink’s risk. Manage contract changes, amendments and dispute resolution. Ensure successful supplier relationships including the identification and development of key suppliers.
10% of my time Participate in process improvement initiatives.
15% of my time issuing and confirming PO's to vendors, solving invoicing issues, payment clarifications.
Pros
Lot of work
Cons
Lack of work recognition from Leaders and Managers
Good work and good people
Environmental Monitor (Former Employee) –  Claresholm, AB22 July 2018
no complaints
culture and pay rates did change after the buy out by Warren Buffet. Work ended once the project completed and work has been slow with altalink since.
Great Place To Work
Desktop/Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
Great place to work, a lot of work. Very busy environment. IT was contracted out so not much chances to move within the company. People are very friendly.
Great team and leadership
Senior Training Writer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
I really enjoyed the time I spent at Altalink, the team and leadership were exemplary. The location was right on the LRT line, which made access to work a breeze.
comfortable corperate culture
Mail Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2017
ALTALINK is a good company to work for. The management treats all employees with respect, however their parent company is very budget conscious and demands productivity. The day to day work culture can vary by department. Recent cutbacks have meant multi tasking is a daily priority and can be stressful at times. Staying organized at all times is a must. I would recommend anyone seeking a position in regulated energy consider this employer.
Pros
Parking provided, good benifits package
Cons
workload uneven can be very stressful at times
Great company with the gym facilites in the company complex
Cost Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2017
Overall this is one of the best companies I have worked for. All the management staff members are very friendly and co-workers are very easy to get along and also very much fun loving people. They have great social functions and very good clubs for your extra after work activities. Please apply and experience yourself.
Pros
One of the best managed utility companies in Canad
Great company
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 July 2015
Willing to take your opinions on and make changes. Big on team work and team building.
The salary and hours are very competitive and allow for a work/live balance.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Repetative
AltaLink
Administrative Assistant - Major Projects (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2015
Everyone was great to work with here. Lots of ways to connect with people through events, volunteering, social activities, and company milestone celebrations.
Very productive workplace
Project Services, Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2015
My recent work experience with AltaLink was truly amazing and rewarding as I have gained valuable skills that I can utilize in my future organization.
A productive and fast paced work place
ASSISTANT TELECOM TECHNOLOGIST - Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary and Southern Alberta20 March 2015
I enjoyed working at AltaLink as i got exposed to latest world class state of the art technology. My co workers were very open and helped me blend in. We'd have lunch and supper together everytime we worked out of the city in remote locations and had a nice time reviewing and planning the day and next day jobs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling as i loved road trips.
Never work there again
Senior IT Infrastructure Project Manager- Contract (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 February 2015
poor processes
poor senior management
PMO that does not know what they are doing and have very cumbersome processes
too much involvement at ground level by VIP
not able to make decisions
Pros
Cons
Too many
Good people to work with, fun atmosphere
summer time student (Former Employee) –  Acheson, Alberta26 April 2014
Typical days included:
-filling orders for job sites
-keeping the work area clean
-inventory
I learned a great deal about the Transmission line environment. Hardest thing in the job was just making sure everything was sent out ti the job site in a timely manner. The most enjoyable was going to work every day and working with fellow coworkers.
Pros
Physical activity
Cons
Warehouse is really warm in the summer
Good work-life balance
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta9 February 2014
Provided opportunities for personal development and supported work-life balance.
Pros
Reasonably secure company
Cons
fun place to work, awesome people to work with very professional
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2014
Upper management has spend way to much time on the high level view of issues, they need to start listening to the people who actually gets the work done.

People working there despite the lack of proper Management are amazing to work with. great partnership among employees. great support from older employees.
Pros
great emlpoyees
Cons
lack of vision from upper management
Proactive in Safety and Environmental Concerns
Project Manager (contract) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2013
A leader in preventing Avian Mortality due to power line strikes
Pros
Employees have a positive attitude
Cons
Currently owned by SNC-Lavalin, which has hurt the companies image at public hearings
productive workplace with excellent supervision and full of learning points
Co-op Student System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2013
I managed to accomplished challenging task with the support and guidance of my supervisors.