ALSTOM

ALSTOM Employee Reviews

Canada103 reviews
As this is my current job, I will refrain from making any comments about my work group. I am willing to voice my opinion that I am actively looking for a job.
Travail intéressant et équilibré. Processus de développement bien développés qui ne sont pas surchargés.
Pros
Travail utile et dans un domaine en expansion
Cons
Pas de cafétéria et éloigné des restos. Salaire un peu en bas du marché.
Manager that hired me had an issue with me from the start,from the first moments of the interview. I neeeeever understood why this guys actually hired me because all he did after this is looking for any mistakes to fire me. The team lead I was assigned in the first few months was an awful person who cared only about himself and his teammates which we’re from the same country as him. He overworked me for 12 hours and a half,4 days in a row,out in the cold until I got pneumonia . I was reported every time I called in sick to the recruiting company even if I was late because of a car accident meanwhile other employees from other teams would miss almost every shift! They don t care about you as a human being at all! They are just mean people that dictate and rule. They don t have a clue about what theire suppost to do! Awfull place! Awfull job. The recruiting company never cared that I was falsely reported. Management didn t even ask me if those reports were for good reason. Don t ever WORK THERE! WORST MANAGEMENT EVER IN THE PAST 6 years!
Unfortunately ALSTOM Canadian branch was sold to GE long time ago. And GE is a far cry from Alstom. Presently former Alstom's Montreal office is in process of slow closure and GE office in Markham is not as nice: overcrowded cafeteria, tiny cubicles, 8-hour workday instead of 7.5, no freedom of working at home.
Great place to work, friendly staff, good management. Benefits after 3 months and fair starting wage. Senior staff are very open to new ideas.
if you want to learn about trains please choose Alstom
Journée de travail chargé car en début de projet. Manque un peu de ressource professionnel sur certain poste stratégique.
Too complicated to work for a company who seems to be on tight deadlines and they really need to give better training . They also should mention that you need to pass a physical to be able to work for them .
No work to life capabilities. Clearly inept management and directors who can't figure out the simplest business plans. Then when they are over budget and incomplete they cover themselves by throwing anyone under the bus. Avoid Alstom.....
Good place to work and experience
French culture

Slow decision making

experienced people

advanced equipment

connections to get a job, who you know

organized
J ai travaillé pour eux pendant 28 année et j aimais mon travail.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ALSTOM?
Every customer and site has it; it has its own administrators and people, depending on which site you will develop and ensures that you still take care of the company's interests and processes, and then you will have good working hours at Alston
Simple job not stressful but to repetitive .
not exciting but its a permanent
une fois en tenue de travail,
nous recevons des consignes de la direction selon les objectifs à atteindre par semaine.

les équipes se forment par bogie.

la production commence.
Cadre de travail propre et soucieux de la santé et sécurité
No culture. French speaking people will speak French in front/around you and always telling you to take French lessons. It's Canadian projects! Limited guidance and support from management. Poor project management tools.
Pros
Flexibility and Salary
Cons
Guidance/Support and power trip
work is done in a safety oriented environment. respect and courtesy are expected and projected. detailed tail board meetings each morning provide clear instruction and opportunity to ask questions with clear answers.
lots of growing pains, extremely tight deadlines that require mandatory overtime with very little advance notice. Paperwork that had to be completed on own time. Too many meetings that cut into productivity.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime with little advance notice
Good job for advancement in working different departments but unorganized and poorly managed. Went from a production technician to learning a new skill of industrial painting
Multi-Cultural work environment.
Challenging work site.

Promotion opportunity.

Career development.

Health and Safety priority working environment.

High risks for high voltage.
Very large company, huge number of projects worldwide.
Very supportive and collaborative management staff.

Good communication plan and software support.

Local management very supportive with safety culture.
Alstom is a company that will give you opportunity to travel and work in different environment, you will love working with an international team.
I know I did.