Alsco Employee Reviews

Busy office environment
Accounts Payable Clerk\Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 February 2014
As a person that wears many hats my day usually flies by. Since I am the receptionist, payroll coordinator, accounts payable clerk, and back up for customer service I need to be able to be very organized and prioritize my tasks each day. Some times it is difficult to stay on task with the distraction of the telephones, but I am someone that can refocus to the task on hand with ease. Each day comes with its own challenges and hurdles to get over.

In an office environment there is always some degree of office politics, but the team I work with work well with each other. Great sense of humour within our office and makes it easy to get along.

Since I work for an international company we have service operating policies that includes segregation of duties and we are not able to really fill in for someone when they are off. The office manager is the only one that can do this, and my job is difficult when I return from vacation as I usually have things to clean up due to the fact she does not pay attention to detail the same way I do.

I enjoy the majority of my tasks, except that when I was asked to take on the responsibilities of reception duties with no increase in pay. There were cut backs in the office with eliminating the receptionist the duties were not divided equally with in the office.
Pros
Benefit and Pension Packages
Cons
Work Hours/Commute
chauffeur représentant
Chauffeur/Représentant (Former Employee) –  lasalle4 February 2014
faire les livraisons requises patron agréable et compréhensif livraison lourd et très physique.travailler au service a la clientèle.
Pros
travailler avec le publique
Cons
travail tres physique
long hard days
Route Sales Representative (RSR) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 December 2013
wakeup 330am drive to plant load up up linens an mats and start the day driving and delivering mats and linens up to 40 stops a day. very long hard days with many dirty bags of laundry to be picked up an returned to plant for wash an returned to customer following week
Pros
independent
Cons
long hours early start
good teamwork
First Aid Attendant/labuor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC31 October 2013
8 hour workday
learned to feed irons & unravell washed sheets knapkins etc..

co-workers Mostly good teamwork

Hardest part of job Learing to roll &tie mats and rugs

pushed to the max and expected to pick up speed

Most enjoyable part of job ; teamwork
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer AB1 October 2012
I enjoyed my time at ALSCO. Got along great with all the staff. Tough days were acknowledged and appreciated.
Pros
4 day work weeks
Cons
below average pay
avec le public
CHAUFFEUR (Former Employee) –  ville lasalle montreal9 July 2012
travail en armonie et agreable envers les clients belle presentation
excelent place to work
Route Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2012
excellent place to work, they offer trips and other inscentives
Pros
weekend off
Cons
heavy work loads