Alsco Employee Reviews in Burlington, ON

3.1Pay & Benefits
2.7Job Security & Advancement
Hard fast paced work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 July 2016
Ok place to work. Summers very very very hot place to work.
Not having the place be able to be air condtioned really sucks.
Pros
Day done at 2:30pm and no weekends
Cons
Super hot in the summer
good co-workers, 4 day work weeks, strong benefits.
Route sales representative/route relief (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 April 2014
up early in the morning, while the Job is physically demanding it is only a 4 day work week approx. 44 hours.
Busy office environment
Accounts Payable Clerk\Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 February 2014
As a person that wears many hats my day usually flies by. Since I am the receptionist, payroll coordinator, accounts payable clerk, and back up for customer service I need to be able to be very organized and prioritize my tasks each day. Some times it is difficult to stay on task with the distraction of the telephones, but I am someone that can refocus to the task on hand with ease. Each day comes with its own challenges and hurdles to get over.

In an office environment there is always some degree of office politics, but the team I work with work well with each other. Great sense of humour within our office and makes it easy to get along.

Since I work for an international company we have service operating policies that includes segregation of duties and we are not able to really fill in for someone when they are off. The office manager is the only one that can do this, and my job is difficult when I return from vacation as I usually have things to clean up due to the fact she does not pay attention to detail the same way I do.

I enjoy the majority of my tasks, except that when I was asked to take on the responsibilities of reception duties with no increase in pay. There were cut backs in the office with eliminating the receptionist the duties were not divided equally with in the office.
Pros
Benefit and Pension Packages
Cons
Work Hours/Commute
long hard days
Route Sales Representative (RSR) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 December 2013
wakeup 330am drive to plant load up up linens an mats and start the day driving and delivering mats and linens up to 40 stops a day. very long hard days with many dirty bags of laundry to be picked up an returned to plant for wash an returned to customer following week
Pros
independent
Cons
long hours early start