ALS Canada Ltd Employee Reviews

2.2Job Security & Advancement
Fun place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 March 2017
You're given a worklist to start from, prioritizing the work with the closest due date and you just do your work. I learned time management skills and the hardest part about the job is the repetitiveness of it, the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the people that work there. Managers and supervisors are friendly.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Low pay
A good place to start
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 January 2017
I'd suggest getting experience here, then moving on. Lab is high volume, which leads to many entry level jobs feeling more like factory work rather than scientific. Hourly pay is not great, especially when starting out, which is why there's a high turnover in the lower end jobs.

Management is quick to take away perks from employees (Christmas bonuses, forcing vacation etc) but doesn't really share during successful times.

Most enjoyable part is working as part of a group.
Productive and fun workplace.
Lab analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2016
Working at ALS is stressful as it didn't provide sufficient staff coverage during spring through fall seasons, staffs are friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
understaffing
Good
Login-sample management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2015
It was nice experience working for this company. A good place to learn to manage time efficiently. Supportive and encouraging co workers andmanagement is the highlight.
Sort of my first job.....
Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 December 2012
I was excited working outdoors....but the management and crew ...well they were an alright group and well my sort of first job too....so all I can say is it was ....good.