Alpine West Systems Electrical

Alpine West Systems Electrical Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews

Good place if all you want is steady work

AWSE is one of the many here that specialize in tower work. That means for most of the people you'll be stuck either in a suite doing plugs/switches all day for months or on slab for months AND THEN get placed into the suites to do plugs/switches.If you are an apprentice who gets placed in a suite or on slab on a big tower/multiple tower job then run. You will come out knowing nothing. During my 1st/2nd years it was fine as you are new to the industry and need experience but you'll come to a point where it's not worth it to not be learning anything. This goes for all the big tower companies like AWSE, Chambers, Nightinggale, allwest etc.The only times I've ever felt good and felt like I was progressing as an electrician was when a job was coming to an end and there was less than 10 people on site and there was odds and ends to finish. As an apprentice you want to come out with your ticket knowing various things and troubleshooting abilities and general knowledge about the trade, not how to tie coreline or run bx.I tried my hardest and I'd always be one of the last few on the jobsite but never got a chance to be taught as there was always someone who already knew more than me so the chances of working of new things were given to them. Guess that's what happens when you are in a massive company where you are just seen as a number. If you are new then this is a great place to start but I would recommend branching out as soon as you can. I learnt more in my first 3 months in my new job then I did my whole 2 years with AWSE. I want to learn and be a capable electrician -

Pros

decent pay, steady work

Cons

repetitive tower work, favoritism, poor learning experience

Company pays low and dont care about you

This company only cares about themselves I would never work here again. They keep people who are useless and don't know what there doing. Half the peopel show up late get paid a full day qnd nothing ever happens. They try to lie qnd scare you for there own benefit. This company is honestly the worst one I've ever worked for. You want a bunch of hacks that chart 5 times the cost of work for extras go with alpine west

Pros

None were maybe you get to learn something early, because they have nothing but useless people working there

Cons

Got to pay your own benefits and there horrible, they send you as far from home as possible and don't care about workers, They will try fire you without write up and you can sue them wrongful dismissed, They try make threaten you and lie to get what they want like sick days, Company does no team building or give bonus for Xmas, Will always never be given the right equipment or info to do your job, Company policy is constantly changed never posted never followed, Safety lady I've seen 1 time in 3 years no month rounds, Low waged and no ot stright time unless they loosing tons of money, No lockouts ever

One of the best Electricion company I’ve known in Canada

Extremely friendly people at work. Very good management and managers. Very good communication. When you have a question everyone is ready to answer and they don’t get tired of asking questions and they answer in a clear and friendly way. They pay on time and they help you out when you need them.

Pros

Friendly environment, security, good pay.

Company pays low and dont care about you

Hey care about kore about signing out ladder then keeping guys No bbq no lunch no profit sharing no xmas bonus They yell at you get mad at touw hen you don't stay (stew) on optional days beside rough in cause wants inspection Care more about dining out ladders then working

Strung up feeling no clear objectives

Higher up Management are clueless of what is going on in the frontline workers. Major disconnect in communication. Need quality control of supervisor oversight, since supervisors are slacking and blaming lower level personnel’s of their own mistakes.

Pros

No pros given

Cons

Very long hours and to much finger pointing.

Young company

This year will be my fourth year working at this company. They are a very busy mid sized company and are growing every year it seems. Unlike my old companies, here If you work hard and put in an effort you will get a promotion (sometimes position, sometime pay ) but it does not go unnoticed. What I have liked most is as a worker you get to work on a variety of systems/projects here and will get moved around, improving your knowledge and skills.

Lots Of Opportunity And Achievements

I have been working for this company now for a little over a year and I must say this company has grown apart of my life. There is always work, as well plenty of opportunity on learning. Everyday you will encounter something different, meaning you will always learn something new! Their management is amazing as well accommodating their workers. This is a perfect opportunity for young worker like myself who want to get into the Electrical Trade and learn something different everyday. Everyone is motivating, always pushing each other mentally and physically towards perfection. If you want to learn something different everyday then this is the perfect company for young workers like myself!

Great Work Enviroment.

I've worked with AWSE for over a year now and its by far the best company I've worked for. The owner is super relaxed which sets the tone for the entire company. I've learned more than i could have ever imagined. Co-workers are great to work with. Project manager picked a site close to my house for an easy commute. Work has never slowed down and got the wage i asked for in accordance with my skill set. Considering i spend 1/3 of my life at work, AWSE makes it a very enjoyable atmosphere. Looking forward to many more years..... Thanks AWSE

Pros

Big Towers, tones of work, Friendly Management.

Cons

Vancouver Rain

Growing company with lots of opportunity to advance

I started working for this company about a year ago as a journeyman, and overall it's been a good experience. They have lots of work, so good job security. I've been offered the chance to move up and take-on more responsibility, which was a big one for me. Management is decent, good overall culture. We're expected to work hard/fast, but we're well paid, and overall work culture is good. I would recommend working for this company.

Great company culture with lots of room for advancement

Ive worked for AWSE for 14 years now. I did my entire apprenticeship with them along with many other employees who I still work with to this day. They always promote within, all of the project managers like myself used to be apprentices or young journeymen with the company. If you have have a good head on your shoulders and are a hard worker they will always find work for you, there have been little to no layoffs over the years and they are only getting busier. The company culture is young and energetic, everyone seems to get along at work. It is a work hard play hard mentality.

Low salary and poor management

This company hiring new people and getting rid of old workers. Placing many foreman in one site, thereby, doing work unorganized. Not stable company to work.

Official response from Alpine West Systems Electrical

23 January 2020
Were sorry you had a bad experience at AWSE. We have not let any long standing employees go for quite a while as we have only been growing since we started, making us a very stable company to work for.Anyone who has a good head on their shoulders and likes to work hard has a place at AWSE.

Alway something wrong

Ever since I started with this company there has been something wrong every single week, weather it be, no materials on site, lack of help or interest from supervisors. really not enjoying working for them

Pros

good co workers

Cons

the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpine West Systems Electrical. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0Job security/advancement