Alpine West Systems Electrical

Featured review
Alpine West Systems Electrical selected this as a representative review
Lots Of Opportunity And Achievements
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 January 2020
I have been working for this company now for a little over a year and I must say this company has grown apart of my life. There is always work, as well plenty of opportunity on learning. Everyday you will encounter something different, meaning you will always learn something new! Their management is amazing as well accommodating their workers.

This is a perfect opportunity for young worker like myself who want to get into the Electrical Trade and learn something different everyday. Everyone is motivating, always pushing each other mentally and physically towards perfection.

If you want to learn something different everyday then this is the perfect company for young workers like myself!
small company pretending to be big
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC10 February 2020
I found the company, or at least the job site to be a big safety hazard compared to better companies. They ask you to sign a safety daily hazard assessment but they don't give you time to read it, they don't take it seriously. Also in the short 2 months i worked for them not 1 time did they do safety tool box talk with the crew, just makes them sign it.
Great Work Enviroment.
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC22 January 2020
I've worked with AWSE for over a year now and its by far the best company I've worked for. The owner is super relaxed which sets the tone for the entire company. I've learned more than i could have ever imagined. Co-workers are great to work with. Project manager picked a site close to my house for an easy commute. Work has never slowed down and got the wage i asked for in accordance with my skill set. Considering i spend 1/3 of my life at work, AWSE makes it a very enjoyable atmosphere. Looking forward to many more years..... Thanks AWSE
Pros
Big Towers, tones of work, Friendly Management.
Cons
Vancouver Rain
Growing company with lots of opportunity to advance
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 January 2020
I started working for this company about a year ago as a journeyman, and overall it's been a good experience. They have lots of work, so good job security. I've been offered the chance to move up and take-on more responsibility, which was a big one for me. Management is decent, good overall culture. We're expected to work hard/fast, but we're well paid, and overall work culture is good. I would recommend working for this company.
Great company culture with lots of room for advancement
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver20 January 2020
Ive worked for AWSE for 14 years now. I did my entire apprenticeship with them along with many other employees who I still work with to this day. They always promote within, all of the project managers like myself used to be apprentices or young journeymen with the company.

If you have have a good head on your shoulders and are a hard worker they will always find work for you, there have been little to no layoffs over the years and they are only getting busier.

The company culture is young and energetic, everyone seems to get along at work. It is a work hard play hard mentality.
Low salary and poor management
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2019
This company hiring new people and getting rid of old workers. Placing many foreman in one site, thereby, doing work unorganized. Not stable company to work.
Official response from Alpine West Systems Electrical
23 January 2020

Were sorry you had a bad experience at AWSE. We have not let any long standing employees go for quite a while as we have only been growing since we started, making us a very stable company to work for.

Anyone who has a good head on their shoulders and likes to work hard has a place at AWSE.

Alway something wrong
Electrician, AWSE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2018
Ever since I started with this company there has been something wrong every single week, weather it be, no materials on site, lack of help or interest from supervisors. really not enjoying working for them
Pros
good co workers
Cons
the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpine West Systems Electrical. Our community is ready to answer.

Alpine West Systems Electrical Reviews by Location