Alpine Building Maintenance Employee Review

View all Alpine Building Maintenance reviews

repetitive hostile work days.
Porter (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC13 December 2017
working here was okay, it payed the bills, but it is not for someone looking for a job they enjoy. I know every work place has its problems but my supervisor was a complete push over and would talk about problems he had with someone with everyone else and not with the person he had issue with. my co workers would all talk about other coworkers behind their back because my supervisor would let some people get away with some things like being late or leaving early, or taking extended breaks but then wouldn't allow other people to. Its an okay job if u dont mind doing that kind of thing but hopefully the work environment isnt as hostile

Other Alpine Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

All management is awful
ADMINISTRATIVE TEMP (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC27 June 2019
I worked in the office as a "temp" I was told that I would be able to move from temp to a regular position to find that there are people working there for 2 years+ that are still temps. One of the office managers is married into the family owned business and is so clueless, rude & immature the way she talk and acts in the office, openly hates and makes people miserable. The HR Hiring Manager does whatever he is told by her, and if he says one thing but in front of everyone else he will say another.

A SUPER TOXIC PLACE TO WORK... SAVE YOURSELF!
Pros
some great co-workers
Cons
The company
Alpine is pretty bad to be honest
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kelowna BC29 May 2019
you know i enjoyed the job for the first few months, but as they went along i was given less and less hours until it was at a point where i was unable to live off of the wage they where trying to subject me too, they had spent months clearing me to work within a Goverment of Canada building, only to have it held up because they didn't give me a phone number to call and sort out, once this was done i was approved within the day.

working for Alpine i learned that my employer believes that janitorial is not "a white man's job" (This is verbatim, he said this to me in a meeting without a hint of irony.) the majority of the staff on hand have little to no cleaning knowledge and yet are put on tasks such as stripping and waxing floors, deep cleaning washrooms, and working in large buildings without supervision. Even most managers of these workers don't fully grasp janitorial, and will point out 'mistakes' that are physically unfix-able due to poor maintenance from prior cleaners

if i could give you a word of advice, i'd say never work for or with Alpine building maintenance, as they also contract work out to smaller businesses who may be even less experienced with cleaning or the business world. You'd be better off starting your own company or working with one of Kelowna's more professional building maintenance companies.
Pros
Working alone is nice
Cons
read above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpine Building Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.

Alpine Building Maintenance Reviews by Location