Alpine Building Maintenance

Alpine Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
I hadn't been trained to use any of the equipment while working there, aswell as any employee safety wasn't considered (having to do security work despite being a Janitor). Overall the tasks I was left with were pretty easy but I feel like I could of done more given the proper training.
Need more attention your clean and more sports to many abut covib-19 and have good person supervisors and managers and other Opinions to offices and more attention
Its a company you love to work with. Great work, great learning. You have great mentors to guide you. This organisation has a good plans and policies and all are very easy to understand.
by far the most toxic place I have ever worked. you will be overworked and underpaid and they just don't care! don't take on anything to be if you don't wanna be used!
Good training with on site management Good atmosphere & well detailed work duties .Flexible employment hours. Cons were no additional wages for extra duties accomplished.
Nice company pay fairly management are understanding
Our immediate boss is a kind and understanding gentlemen

i like working with them as they help their workers financially by giving extra hours.
The best thing about working with alpine building Maintenance was that i was working out of a building that the people were great in and the patrons that used the facilities were friendly and would tell you that you were doing a good job as well as the workers from the building. Didn't get much
I will recommended because it has so much business across bc that you are never without something to do, also
The coworkers are nice, only negative thing they rotate a lot
Bad leadership in the workplace. Supervisor doesnt know how to deal with people and barely talks. Manager doesnt work with us and is completely blind as to what goes on at night.
I enjoy working for Alpine a lot and find great rewards when others voice appreciation for the good work I do.
The work is not stressful even though some days some common areas require more attention so one has to work quickly to get everything done.

The work environment is positive and rewarding.

A great company to work for!
Before I got high and salute alpine Building maintenance too much but in almost 9 years of service with them, still i got a minimum wage from this company
I worked in the office as a "temp" I was told that I would be able to move from temp to a regular position to find that there are people working there for 2 years+ that are still temps. One of the office managers is married into the family owned business and is so clueless, rude & immature the way she talk and acts in the office, openly hates and makes people miserable. The HR Hiring Manager does whatever he is told by her, and if he says one thing but in front of everyone else he will say another.

A SUPER TOXIC PLACE TO WORK... SAVE YOURSELF!
Pros
some great co-workers
Cons
The company
you know i enjoyed the job for the first few months, but as they went along i was given less and less hours until it was at a point where i was unable to live off of the wage they where trying to subject me too, they had spent months clearing me to work within a Goverment of Canada building, only to have it held up because they didn't give me a phone number to call and sort out, once this was done i was approved within the day.

working for Alpine i learned that my employer believes that janitorial is not "a white man's job" (This is verbatim, he said this to me in a meeting without a hint of irony.) the majority of the staff on hand have little to no cleaning knowledge and yet are put on tasks such as stripping and waxing floors, deep cleaning washrooms, and working in large buildings without supervision. Even most managers of these workers don't fully grasp janitorial, and will point out 'mistakes' that are physically unfix-able due to poor maintenance from prior cleaners

if i could give you a word of advice, i'd say never work for or with Alpine building maintenance, as they also contract work out to smaller businesses who may be even less experienced with cleaning or the business world. You'd be better off starting your own company or working with one of Kelowna's more professional building maintenance companies.
Pros
Working alone is nice
Cons
read above
Nice and Cooperative staff. They provide a good salary and have flexible hours of shift. They provide staff with time to time update. The worker's shifts are permanent for every week.
Great culture, great mentorship, great people.

Accelerated access to work directly with senior level managers who care. Work is challenging and ongoing. Every day is new and different.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long hours, but not an issue if you don't mind. Weekend work is rare though
My interview consisted of the employer taking photos of my ID, asking me to fill out forms with all my security info, and then never phoning me back. Super unprofessional and sketchy.
Nice place to work. Great people. Nice pay$. Great environment. Cool management. Fun place. Can learn so so so many things during work. Flexible hours.
lots of driving. hardest part cleaning windows.most enjoyable part was meeting new people. i learn to deal with new people .also learn to different types of work such as replacing lit bulbs/cleaning up dirty wash rooms/install hand santizers . solving different problem in banks or goverment offices/court houses.
Pros
gas allowance
Cons
low wage
dealing with emails and store managers, evening dealing with front line workers and overseeing projects. dealing with upper management to oversee equipment and schedules .
building maintenance culture is cut throat now with company's cutting back.

hardest part for the job is getting the tools and training required to accomplish contracts being put forward.

most enjoyable part is when training is applied and the contract is completed .
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
Alpine is by far the best job I've ever had. I couldn't wait to join the team! Excellent training and I love that I actually have work/life balance.
Pros
Monday to Friday 8:30-5:00, super friendly staff
Cons
Work load can sometimes be overwhelming
working here was okay, it payed the bills, but it is not for someone looking for a job they enjoy. I know every work place has its problems but my supervisor was a complete push over and would talk about problems he had with someone with everyone else and not with the person he had issue with. my co workers would all talk about other coworkers behind their back because my supervisor would let some people get away with some things like being late or leaving early, or taking extended breaks but then wouldn't allow other people to. Its an okay job if u dont mind doing that kind of thing but hopefully the work environment isnt as hostile
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpine Building Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.