Alpine Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

unprofessional and sketchy
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 June 2018
My interview consisted of the employer taking photos of my ID, asking me to fill out forms with all my security info, and then never phoning me back. Super unprofessional and sketchy.
yearly parties
Mobile Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC14 March 2018
lots of driving. hardest part cleaning windows.most enjoyable part was meeting new people. i learn to deal with new people .also learn to different types of work such as replacing lit bulbs/cleaning up dirty wash rooms/install hand santizers . solving different problem in banks or goverment offices/court houses.
Pros
gas allowance
Cons
low wage
fast paced environment, a lot of travelling, customer services, and dealing with employees overseeing projects.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna and surrounding areas11 January 2018
dealing with emails and store managers, evening dealing with front line workers and overseeing projects. dealing with upper management to oversee equipment and schedules .
building maintenance culture is cut throat now with company's cutting back.
hardest part for the job is getting the tools and training required to accomplish contracts being put forward.
most enjoyable part is when training is applied and the contract is completed .
Pros
good pay and benifits
Positive, Inclusive Workplace that truly values it's Employees
Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC21 December 2017
If you are looking for a career where you not only feel valued, but also feel challenged, Alpine is the place. They hire not only for talent, but for growth potential as well, and truly value their employees. They go above and beyond to ensure that you are trained, but also that you feel rewarded and valued.

The things that set Alpine apart are the little details, such as celebrating birthdays, office lunches and potlucks, Secret Santa.

They also don't stick to a 3 month check-in, but check in more frequently to solicit feedback on how they can improve, and see what areas you would like to grow in. They take chances in their employees and allow you to train and develop in the areas you are interested in.

It is definitely a fast-paced job, but take a chance and you will not be disappointed.
Pros
Potluck lunches, secret santa, welcoming environment, work/life balance
Cons
Fast-Paced, but fun if you can adjust to it
Best place to work. Fun friendly and inviting work environment, couldn't wait to join the team!
Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC21 December 2017
Alpine is by far the best job I've ever had. I couldn't wait to join the team! Excellent training and I love that I actually have work/life balance.
Pros
Monday to Friday 8:30-5:00, super friendly staff
Cons
Work load can sometimes be overwhelming
repetitive hostile work days.
Porter (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC13 December 2017
working here was okay, it payed the bills, but it is not for someone looking for a job they enjoy. I know every work place has its problems but my supervisor was a complete push over and would talk about problems he had with someone with everyone else and not with the person he had issue with. my co workers would all talk about other coworkers behind their back because my supervisor would let some people get away with some things like being late or leaving early, or taking extended breaks but then wouldn't allow other people to. Its an okay job if u dont mind doing that kind of thing but hopefully the work environment isnt as hostile
Really independent
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 November 2017
It was really independent and really long hours. The staff was really nice and caring enjoyed working here. The salary was great for a month. That's my review for Alpine building Maintenance
Friendly and consistent
Janitorial subcontractor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 October 2017
It’s alway great to work with Alpine . Fun energetic environment .
They are always happy to hel subcontractors.
Payment always on time .
Consistence assistance to keep a high standard .
Supplies are alway delivered on time
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Nice
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 July 2017
Good Company to work for.
I learned so much and I had the opportunity to proved myself on different areas.
Every task I took it was a new challenge for me to accomplish and that made it the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Friendly Management
Cons
Customers can be rude
Exciting team
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC15 June 2017
I love working at alpine building maintenance. Work life balance is provided for those who know how to manage their times. Multiple challenges are provided and it's exciting. The industry is stressful in general but the environment is always changing and exciting. The job changes daily, and you get to work with different people and personalities. (Some not so bright ) which management takes a while to replace...

The company supports a lot of charities and gives back which makes me proud to be apart of the team .
Pros
Staff events, relationships, benefits, paid leave
Cons
Can be stressful sometimes when new contracts come in
Basic Cleaning Company
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2017
Work is ok, but the management is kinda unprofessional. Example is one of the management staff is swearing or saying cuss/curse words as part of vocabulary
Pros
Basic work
Cons
Kinda unprofessional
I love my Alpine Family
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 June 2017
I love working for Alpine because :
1. Friendly environment with everybody in field Alpine staff and management + all other office staff.
2. Any where if I do face problems doesn’t matter related to business or my personal if I am reaching out to any body in alpine team everybody steps ahead to provide me support .
3. As a human nature when I makes mistakes I do get team help to fix it and Alpine always gives me another chance to prove myself .
4. The best and my favorite part is Alpine never let award side go down either its about subs , employees or client appreciation.
5. Alpine is the best and I am in my comfort zone working with Alpine , I was a very shy person even to introduce my self when I first day started with Alpine and if I am confident and feel myself a successful person its because of Alpine’s training .
Pros
Team environment, open door policy, support from CEO
Cons
Challenging but worth it
good work ethick
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 May 2017
good place to work happy people good work sites not to much work for the day i never felt rushed for aneything lerned some pluming from superviser and some new things about how to react to emergencys
Pros
close to sky train
Cons
not aney
Great working conditions
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC19 January 2017
Always got a support when there were challenges especially with contractors , make budget and meet finance goals of the company .
visiting different managers and helping in time of need and training new supervisors and lead hands .
Pros
great support when needed
Cons
some times have to sacrifice family time
Good learning experience, night shift
Janitor/Custodian (Former Employee) –  100 Mile House, BC7 January 2017
Spent my whole time working at Alpine working at night. It was a good experience, only left for a better opportunity. Work was stable and the enviroment was very casual.
Pros
Work alone, own boss, good hours
Cons
Work alone, loss of interest
Great Staff
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alberta27 July 2016
Great staff and company. Highly recommend working here as it is a great source for networking and career growth both in the janitorial and property management industry.

The company believes in growth and success. Training needs improvement but for the people that are smart ,its a walk in the park. They expect you to do your work and go home. I worked for a few janitorial companies and this is my favourite so far.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Long term Training
interview
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 July 2016
I came in for an interview 3 different times with different levels of people. I am normally scared of interviews but I felt relaxed. My background is in business administration. The people that work here seemed friendly. When I walked in everyone was smiling but seemed busy with there work.

I was interviewed by 2 different gals and one male. I forgot their name but they made me feel comfortable in the interview process.

I am looking forward to call back
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Not sure
I like working here.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Guildford, BC16 June 2016
I work at Guildford mall under my manager and I get treated very well. my manager is very nice and when I go to head office to sometimes visit everyone is very friendly. I get time off when I need it even when last minute but for emergency. I hope there are more company like this one to work for. I plan on work with them for long time. I get benefit dental at work to
Pros
Manager does bbq at home. Met CEO at last one very nice
Cons
sometime i work extra
Great Work Environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC1 June 2016
When I applied to work here, my friends told me that this was a difficult place to work but I still applied and got hired. I have been with the company for more than 4 years. Everyday is very challenging but we still manage to have some fun while getting our work done. I am sure there every company have their ups and down. Management is firm but fair and understanding Working here at Alpine had developed me over the years and I have proven to my friend that I have succeeded over the years at this company.
Pros
Fast paced, Self growth and development
Cons
sometimes stressful
Great Experience
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC19 March 2016
It is really nice to work for this company. I like the atmosphere and the perks it provides. All in all a great experience.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpine Building Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.

Alpine Building Maintenance Reviews by Location