Alpine Access Employee Reviews

Great to be able to work from home...sort of.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON13 January 2014
It's an awesome atmosphere, the management is great.
It's your typical Call center style of work, only able to do it from inside your own home. There is far too much that can go wrong though (in my opinion) If you run into a string of internet problems as I have, you miss days of work until it's corrected and there is no compensation for this. It works against you as far as your "emergency" days go. Which makes perfect sense. The overall use of the programs is very streamlined and easy to use.
Interaction with co-workers is very limited as it is normally a fast paced environment. The most difficult part of the job for me is to stay within their metrics. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be that there is no physical commute.
Pros
At home, medical benefits, reasonable work hours, small scope of support
Cons
At home, no interaction, small scope of support
Steady job, flexible enough hours, terrible management structure.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 July 2013
Excellent classroom-style and intensive-training times with LOTS of support. Unfortunately, after the training is over, management are totally different: strict, unreliable, and unavailable. Co-workers were very supportive, customers ranged from awesome 2 minute calls to very angry hour-and-a-half calls.
Pros
Benefits after 6 months, Excellent training structure, Commission, Bonuses
Cons
Sporatic hours, unstable hours week-to-week, split shifts
Great Company to Work For
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 July 2013
I was given awesome training for the position I was hired for(as well as being paid for it). I loved my trainer, she was so great. It was a lot of fun as well, the activities, and the technology was really cool to train with. My class was great. They also give you the option for more training if you think you need it.

The advancement opportunities were great as well.

The managers were amazing, so helpful, nice and understanding. The team atmosphere was great. And being able to work from home was the best part. Unfortunately, my hours didn't really give me much time, except on weekends, for a personal life. I woke up at about 11, made a coffee, got on my computer and when I was done, went to bed.

The hardest part was dealing with frustrated customers who just wouldn't listen to reason. They tell you not to take things personally, but it can be emotional at first.

The best part though, is when you do help someone who was so frustrated, and the happiness and relief. you can hear on the other end! Oh, and being able to work from home, like I said.
Pros
work from home, paid training, benefits
Cons
long hours, grumpy customers
Develop telephone, time management, and people skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 May 2013
* company that provides opportunity to work from home
* Helps to balance home and work life, save commute time
* helps to develop time management and interpersonal skills
Pros
Ease of work from home
Cons
Lacks face to face interaction with co-workers and clients
would not recommend to anyone
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS17 May 2013
would not recommend to anyone. The job itself was ok, but the company needs work
interaction with customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2013
It was great experience to work from home as a Inbound customer service rep.
Pros
comfort of home
Good for gaining experience
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Home25 March 2013
Good work at home position, good training but low pay and not alot of room to advance.
Pros
good training
Cons
low pay
Fun place to work for!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON26 September 2012
Working for Alpine was awesome. The trainers, team leaders are amazing. The best part of the job was being able to work from the comfort of your own home. The hardest part is how busy it is from the start to end of your shift. My co workers on my team were fun to work with.
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2012
it was annoying trying to get a supervisor n software breaks down a lot.
Things always chnage,..it take a little time to move with the flow. I find if you acept this new fact its just easier to make the chnage
Rogers (Current Employee) –  Digby, NS2 July 2012
I actually love my job. Customers call in about every possible situation and mood. I try to keep a calm tone and I genuinely want to treat a caller the same way I want to be treated.
I am always early and stay late if needed.

Things constantly change. I read up on the updates before I start work and I love sales.
Sales without pressure. Some days there are none but like today I added 4 lines on one account with 4 -3yr contracts.

We always help each other. The coaches are great, They help but also show us so we can find the info we need ourselves.

Hardest part of the job is AHT, something that I have to keep working at.

I jsut love talking to people and find out what they need even when they dont know it yet.
Pros
sales is a game
Cons
that customer that you just cant make happy no matter how hard you try