Alpine Access Employee Reviews

Great place to work if your ok with working from home.
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 February 2018
I absolutely love this Job, unfortunately, I have medical conditions prohibiting me to sit down for any extended periods.
The Hourly wages are not competitive with the other companies doing the same thing.
If you have medical conditions make sure you have your own stuff as they do not cover any of it as it is work from home.
Medical coverage after 6 months with Blue Cross, Perks, but nothing severe, Fast paced.
You have to make sure your neighbors are quiet while you work as well as if you have 3 children like I do then it can become stressful making the quiet work from home setting not so quiet.
Management and staff are amazing, the job itself is amazing despite the hourly wage. Min wage as per province.
Pros
Blue cross, Perkopolis, % off services if live in certain provinces, training is amazing, Great staff, Amazing Management
Cons
min wage, pay 100% for all services that are needed for the job if living in Nova Scotia, Headset, phone, internet, PC are not provided nor compensated
bad place to work
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 February 2018
The collection agency motto is strong pushing for payment in full. This became a daily struggle as management kept being shuffled and no direction. not a good place to work
Needs a lot of work
Call centre agent - technical support (Former Employee) –  Meteghan, NS3 December 2017
With 12 hour shift windows, they don't leave much time for a life, You work 5 days per week, but you're not guaranteed full-time hours cause if they have to many people on the phones they start sending people home.
Its ok if you enjoy workong from home
Customer Service/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
There should be more raise more often but it's ok if your a single parent makes it easy to balance as your working from Home. One thing I can say there experience was great!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Cant get off call on till its done even if its your hours for work is done. Have to finish the call
Enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Aylesford, NS16 August 2017
I really enjoyed the work at home experience with alpine access and enjoyed the customer service position and helping others however i think the materials used for alpine need upgrading so you can do your job more efficiently
Working from home
Bilingual Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2017
Was great being able to work from home. Pay was awful for the amount of work you put in. Hard to get help if needed as your office is based from home.
Pros
Being at home
Cons
Pay was awful
poor mgmt. and lack of ownership.
Rogers TechXpert Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 May 2017
Not a great experience, poor mgmt. and lack of ownership
horrible scheduling
Management does not care, as they don't need to face you directly
no sense of ownership or responsibility, no pride
no communication
work from home
Pros
Work from home
Cons
poor mgmt. and lack of ownership
No Compassion
Work from home agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
When I first started with Alpine, also known as Sykes, they were ok until things that I could not control started happening, and honestly I wish they had never happened. I look back at the loss I endured, including my job.( which I chose to quit to not waste the trainers time, based on what had happened) It was a tragic death and then my mom died. I kind of had a breakdown following that and now that I am back on my feet and doing good I apparently don't meet the requirements for rehire?

Nice to know that they handle such big accounts and I work directly for one of them, and they were so supportive that Alpine or Sykes a third party, American, can be so heartless and cold.

By far the worst employer I ever worked for. I would never recommend this employer to ANYONE.
Pros
I was very good at my job it was familiar I worked from home and overall good trainers.
Cons
When there is bereavement in your family and you take it hard they hold it against you.
Very stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS27 April 2017
This company seemed like they did not want to help their employees with a conflict with the customers that you tried to resolve but could not. And when you reached out to the supervisors they would just say you can deal with it.
Pros
co-workers were great
Cons
Supervisors not there to help when you needed the help
Okay atsmophere, lacking management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Work from Home6 April 2017
No work life balance they don't work with you if you need help it's all about the company and you are just a number. Lack of pay raises and need to improve on their soft skills with employees.
Meh
Representative (Current Employee) –  Anywhere2 April 2017
Job itself is okay but god forbid you are sick. I have felt more respected working at McDonald's than here. Miss one day and people are getting mad at you. Stuff happens.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No respect for employees
Productive workplace
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 February 2017
Working at Alpine Access involves constant trainings and coaching to ensure productivity and increase bottom line. Its a beautiful virtual work environment which relieves one of constant commute.
N a
booked appointments for technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 January 2017
Company was good, benefits were great, shift work, long hours , shifts go by seniority. all around good company to work for if you enjoy staying at home
Sprint
Front line Tech Support (Current Employee) –  NCO management Canada SARNIA2 January 2017
This company went under in Sarnia Ontario need I say more they moved back to the USA. This company moved
back out of Canada
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Hard Work
Blackberry Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
As a customer service agent with them, I loved working with the people however I found their training program way to short, with no access to actually call taking for training, not very flexible on their hours
Pros
working with people
Cons
not very flexible
Work From Home Call Center Work (Telecommute)
Customer Service/Sales Rep. (Tele-commute) (Former Employee) –  ANYWHER14 October 2016
Alpine access is Ok. They provide you with a computer that you login and remotely access ROGERS WIRELESS and other company servers, though ROGERS is probably their biggest client. If you don't like long hours of sitting in front of your desk being unable to leave for extended periods this is not for you. Full time people have varied shifts (Standard with call center of this nature). The training is long and boring but it's easy money. P/T people can wind up with F/T hours but it's easier on you if you don't like the long shifts. Overtime is almost always available. The down side is you are using your own internet and phone line and when your connection drops due to high latency or high ping, then they try to blame it on your internet provider. You require a private quiet space. Not a good job if you have kids at home screaming and hollering or thumping the walls. The pay is minnimum wage. The upside to this is you could work naked if you wanted to and no-one would look at you weird. You can have all the snacks and junk you want at your desk and no one cares. You have to log into a special chat room at the end of your shift and report what time you started - Ended, what you break times were and if you had any interruptions in service. Getting Tech Pay for down time is nearly impossible, it's always your fault. Team Leads will send you pop up messages that you can't respond to. Help is provided in chat rooms and it can take awhile to get answers. IT's A call Center without all the people in the same room. They do have compettitons and games and some minor incentives. Overall they  more... are alright to work for,  less
Pros
Games like Deal or No Deal to win prizes and gift cards.
Cons
Tech Issues are your fault so littel support, Long hours, Customer orders often fail and so you lose commission.
Rogers suck
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  canada5 August 2016
the first of many signs of unfair treatment or the way they try to intimidate you or bait you into doing the kind of job that would stress you out then you need to think to yourself if it is worth it or not. ask yourself would any of the management or team leaders would overcome the same treatment you are be treated, if not then it is time for you to quit. Take some time off by go on an unemployment and if you needed more money applies for social welfare disability to get you on your feet. the lesson here is that you have other options because you don't need to waste your time with any companies that do not treated you fairly or purposely put you in a situation or under someone that wanted you to quit or get fired. also, you get a severance pay if they let you go or you get fired for not meeting their job description.
Pros
less dealing with sycophant or favoritism douchebag
Cons
too much of stressful work load, hot pool of sadistic arrogance people who are in charge, people telling you what to do every 2 minutes but never genuinely care for you one bit...
Great Job if you want the luxury of working at home
Coach, Trainer, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, NS20 July 2016
Worked for Alpine for a short time in 2011. I worked on the Rogers program and was one of the first teams to launch the program. I was quickly promoted to management and really enjoyed the position. Due to the company paying minimum wage, I had to leave for other opportunities.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS Canada18 July 2016
Ive been working here for over 3 years. better then any other job I have ever had. get to work from home. management is great. training was good, support is there when needed. enjoy helping customers fix issues. only downside is the pay is less then most other call center jobs.
Pros
work from home, flexible shifts, great management
Cons
pay
good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 March 2016
loved working for this company until they fired me the day before I was there a year and were scheduling me late hours when my son needed to go to sleep