Alpha Technologies Inc.

Alpha Technologies Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
lots of new projects related to smart manufacturing,
allowed independent to lead most of the projects,

very well work and personal life balance,

fun place to work
No complaints. Pretty laid back, as long as you're doing your work.
Guys are pretty good to work with. Easy to get along with.

Must be able to pay attention to detail.
Training was provided by a professional trainer. Interesting work and I enjoyed the collaborative environment with colleagues when I had questions and helping with any questions they had.
Pros
Great facilities for fitness and training
Cons
N/a
I applied as production tester but ended up starting as an assembler; but never had the chance to become a tester during my 3 month there.

The workplace is diverse in ethnic group; pay is low, so many people I know hold other jobs.
I would strip and crimp wires for pre-production and sub assembly. The most enjoyable part of this job was that it was part of my practicum for Douglas College.
The staff and management were supportive. I find their friendliness very impressive. It was a fun place to work in. I enjoyed my time there in my projects.
Very fast paced work environment. Everyday is a new challenge, must be willing to work extra hours in order to be successful in the role. There is considerable room for advancement within this company.
Very high stress environment that does not even pay enough to justify working. Culture is from 80s manufacturing. As a manger, I was asked to keep m eye on the bathroom breaks of my employees to see if they are slacking
best place to work clean and friendly people diverse culture with a lot of friendly people. Very professional in dealing with technical production concerns
The staff is very friendly, everyone seems to get a long. The company is very large and the turnover rate is really low as most staff members I got acquainted with worked there for over 5 years.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Working in a cubical
Alpha Technologies is one of the best places to work, the people is energetic and creative. My typical day will be in the phone, analyzing requirements, creating quotes and making sure that the times of delivery will be correct for out clients.
In Alpha I learned what team work means.
Pros
Gym, and lunches
I enjoyed working at Alpha. There were always areas to grow and learn. I developed my skills there by starting as the only Customer Service Associate and grew as an employee to become the Manager of a team of 10.
I was pleased with my opportunity and time at Alpha Technologies Inc. I was able to develop skills that I had never acquired before. I would definitely work for Alpha Technologies Ic. again.
Working at Alpha Technologies was a great experience.
Very solid company I learned a lot over the years there and developed a lot of friendships.

Going into Alpha Technologies I had quite a bit of Warehouse experience but with that being said add a lot to learn still and thanks to Alpha Technologies it help me round out my warehouse and skills.

From company BBQs to the family picnics the company was really involved with its employees
Pros
Big comfortable clean Warehouse
Cons
Rate of pay could be a bit better
I learned a lot of material management concepts and efficient manufacturing methods to reduce lead time. You can meet very professional workforce here.
Challenging work environment, Politics from parent made operating difficult, reported directly to COO very good manager, Excellent training program.
Pros
Training was excellent
Cons
Non aligned senior management
daily work was very time consuming and challenging.
learned documentation control and keeping to maintaining to scheduled.

organizing and staging products in a clear fashion for easy access and storage of:
Pros
easy location
Cons
too much work load and duties on top of other than what is actually requried for SRO shipping
I developed 5 different power circuits and control circuits for the isolated bidirectional converter. Simulated all of them with PSIM to ensure all of them satisfy the product specifications and recommend the best plan in the summary report. By doing this MITACS project, I learned a lot of knowledge about isolated bidirectional power supply design. I developed a novel triple phase-shift control method to make the bidirectional converter transfer energy back and forth with robust high efficiency. The management here is good. My co-workers are very kind. The hardest part of the job is to determine a suitable power circuit and corresponding control method for the project design. The most enjoyable part of the job is to find a novel triple phase-shift control method for the project to make the bidirectional ZVS power converter transfer energy back and forth with robust higher efficiency than before.
Alpha Technologies is a great place to work. Management, supervisors and peers are all great people.
The hardest part of my job was more the monotony of it.

The best part was all of the wonderful staff.
Pros
Great company moral.