Alpha Laboratories Employee Reviews

Good place to work at
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2019
I like how i got to learn a lot at this company. The people and the culture is good, and i think this company helped me a lot in my professional development.
Pros
free snacks every friday
Not happy.
Laboratory Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2017
I worked here as a part time lab technician in one of the busiest location they have.
Great training ground for fresh grads.
But they pay very low, close to minimum wage and your doing a lot of work.
Not a good managment, patient sometimes complain if you are strictly following protocols. they gonna complain with the management then the management will agree with the patient and you will look stupid and bad to the patient for just following rules. (That happened alot of times.)
Then when I apply for EI, management told EI CSR that I'm just a Medical Receptionist in their company. After all the hardwork that I've done. I'm just a medical receptionist. Made me look like a liar. What a good company eh!
Pros
Good training for fresh grad
Cons
Bad management, underpaid
Productive workplace with Flex hours,and awesome team members
DBA/Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
- Check email for issues needing immediate attention and begin the process of attending to them
- Check JIRA for outstanding issues/bugs and address them in order of severity and priority
- Meet as a team to address critical issues and discuss any concerns.
- JAD sessions to brainstorm new requirements/features/product
- Management is easy to talk to. Like many company, politics can sometimes slow or halt key decision making.
- The hardest part of this job is having to constantly remind certain individuals the need to follow protocols. Also found interviewing and selecting new employees for IT dept. a difficult task.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people in my team. Everyone was easygoing and always willing to help each other,
able to meet deadlines
Pros
Flex hours and work from home; great employees/team members
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
good people
Medical Laboratory Technician/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  North York, ON18 May 2017
it is a company filled with good people who helps you anyway they can. the job is okay although it is a bit tiring due to long hour. i think they need to compensate more their staff.
Productive and exciting workplace
Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
A typical day at work is when dealing with contagious blood samples
The management is very nice, polite, and very friendly
I learned how to deal with customers in a friendly manner
Every body is like a family
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
The management treat value us and respect us like a family.
Its fun working here and everyone works as part of a big team.
we are always challenge by our work but our supervisors always assist us to finish the job right.
Good Experience
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
I had a good experience working at alpha labs. However at the time I was doing a placement from school and one of the technicians who was my overseer was very strict, and sometimes a little intimidating. She was always taking over people's work, or getting mad for no reason. But overall I enjoyed communicating with patients, and getting things done in the lab. It was enjoyable. The other workers who work there are extremely nice.
Pros
Always get a lunch break
Cons
Medical Laboratory Technologist with over 10 years experience; MOH certified and OSMT(Ontario Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists) certified
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2016
I am basically a Medical Laboratory Technologist, with a bachelor's degree and with extensive years of hands on experience in hospital setting laboratory

Worked in more than one area of the laboratory, namely,
Hematology, Biochemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Parasitology and Microbiology. My expertise being Hematology, Biochemistry and Parasitology

A typical day begins by taking over from the previous shift, follow up and completion of urgent tests, maintenance of analysers, running of controls, taking of temperatures(refrigerators and room), running samples, releasing reports, trouble-shoot samples/analysers whenever needed

I realized that my career contributes a lot to the wellness, treatment and progress of a patient

Management was always encouraging and supportive so much to the extent that it was all a team work and a family bond. Co workers were co operative too

Hardest part of the job is when there is a machine break-down, stand-by machine too not in good working condition and to top it, laboratory is very busy with pouring in of samples

Most satisfying moment is when the laboratory report has aided in cent percent diagnosis of a patient
Pros
No Bossing
Cons
Less Appreciation
job title is relevant to my field of study and I have loved the job.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2015
Fun at work because I have gained a lot of experience which is very relevant to my field of study. Working with different people with different cultures is also an experience.
Pros
I like the job because it dealt with my field of study.
Nice workplace for my personal and professional growth
Laboratory Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2015
I am working 38.5 hours per week in one of Alpha laboratories Specimen Collection Center. Meeting different people each day is an advantage on my part because I must say that it strengthens my personal and professional abilities with our day to day interaction. I have somebody to work with me during the first 3 hours of my work schedule and then I work alone thereafter. I must say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult patients but the good side of it is that I always manage to deal with them in a nice and polite way to avoid conflict to arise.
Pros
Free outdoor activities for the family
Cons
underpaid and overwork
Versatile Organization
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  1262 Don Mills Road, Toronto17 November 2013
Alpha Laboratories has delivered high quality health service to health care professionals and patients. Alpha Laboratories was founded to on the principle of delivering patient care and has been the driving force in every business we operate
Learned something
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2013
Learned something new every day and they have amazing employees who are willing to work with you to ensure you deliver results.
Responsibilities
Director of Human Resource Management (Current Employee) –  North York3 March 2013
In charge of all Employment, Labour, Government, Business, Contractual and
Common law.
Strategic Human Resources Planning.
Recruitment and Selection.
Performance Management.
Company/Government Benefit Plans.
Occupational Health and Safety.
Training and Development.
Labour Relations.
Attrition Management.
very bad
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2012
very bad environment, management is very cheap.
Family run business