Alpha Better Landscaping

Alpha Better Landscaping Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews

A fun place to work

Depending on the foreman your assigned to it is a good place to work and learn. Management is open and honest for the most part and your co workers are great but that also depends on their age and attitude.

Pros

Good pay cheques

Dont believe the lies

This company is horrible... they under pay you and promise raises to get you to stay ... they have horrible insurance because of a huge number of employees that got hurt on the job.... this company is like a high school! Lots of drama and the management fuels the drama ! Dont waste your time with them ... if you do you'll see for yourself...

Insights into Alpha Better Landscaping

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Good

Loved my time at alpha better. Great vibes and awesome management to work for. I would recommend to anyone that wants to work there. Loved working for all the parks the most!

It was good workig there

I got taught how to drive a bobcat there day at work was moving plants trees and made flower beds look good and shoveled snow with them i worked hard the big boss said to my boss i work the hardest there

Lousy company

Office is not behind the workers. Some staff cross lines, office and owner does nothing. Favoritism to some workers is apparent. They hire unknowledgeable workers and expect job deadlines met.

Failing company

Management is very poor. Pay is very low for the industry. They will try to make you feel like they care about your success but in the end your just a employee. They shove the company values down your throat but no one in the office follows them. Overall a waste of time.

Excellent company to work with that has high expectations while providing autonomy to get the job done. Being a family run business, The Corporate Values are referred frequently to: * We work best as a team * Have competent and persistent performance * Take pride in our work * Treat everyone with honesty and respect * Safety is first priority There is an open door policy and management is always willing to listen to concerns while trying for a win/win outcome, when possible. The workplace culture is open, we get to volunteer a couple of times a year while still getting paid, good corporate citizen. Working long hours during high activity levels is common for most positions although you get compensated with overtime. Working for a "green company" and helping to create beautiful green spaces, parks, play grounds and communities for others to enjoy for years to come is very rewarding. This is not just a job, you can make this a career and go through an apprenticeship program to get your Horticulturist Technician certification with Red Seal. A great place to work, great people, great environment.

quick pace , hard work , friendly environment , outdoors , good pay

Early morning start to get the the trailers loaded up , equipment checked , fueled , and any other equipment for different jobs that may be added in for the week or day. hard working environment , good people , beautiful weather to enjoy while you work. Plenty of overtime available , we get rain days off usually . If its drizzling we work so we dont have to work Saturdays. If its poring rain then were done .

Alpha better

Easy integration and ability to work on your own allowing for trust that jobs will get done. Work hours are to be expected for outdoor seasonal work. Annoyance is moving from location to location with your own car or truck, money spent on gas was frustrating. otherwise a very good place to work, pay I believe was not enough for the expected workload. A young man or women friendly job, not something longterm.

Pros

Time and a half

Cons

Heat and location changes

Rewarding job

- Learned how to correctly lay sod - Management were helpful and confidence boosting - Long hours - Learned valuable skills - Fun place to grow as career seeking individual

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Long Hours

Too many hours not enough pay

Typical work day - 12 hours non stop. learned a lot about landscaping and equipment Management is too often rushed and doesn't give clear directions Co-workers were awesome, energetic, and helpful people The hardest part was trying to live on poor wages while working extremely long days. Being outside and seeing lasting results for all the hard work. in charge of one crew, but through circumstance ended up running two full crews for the majority of the season, the entire time I made 1 per hour more than the labourer sitting beside me in the truck and assumed complete responsibility for everything. I also had to hold down a second job just to pay my bills. Some days worked 12 hours, changed my clothes on the street by my car, drove to my other job, washed in the sink, and worked until 11pm It was exhausting. When I said we had to have a meeting to discuss the wage situation because I wasn't going through that again, instead I was given walking papers

Pros

Someone is always willing to teach you new things

Cons

poor pay for long hours.

Overall a good job

Working with Alpha Better was a good experience and a great seasonal job. I found out what I was able to accomplish myself physically and mentally. I really enjoyed working with the people on my crew, they made it easier to get through a long day of hard work. My foreman was also a really good leader and that helped everyone work to their full potential.

Pros

Working outside, learning new equipment, working with lots of people

Cons

long hours, working in bad weather

work life is to work well with others and achiveable goals in work life

a typical day at work look like for landscaping ltd hard working people and understanding the stress amongst your peers while at work and while working what i learned is to respect the people around you and boundraies and keeping your work related skills updated and your surroundings and landscaping.management is to work well together and for your peers and same with bossyour co workers being respectful to one another and well in work space the hardest job postion is the air blowing leaves into piles and weed picking culttervating trees.the most enjoyable part of my job is to work well others and my family.

Pros

the team that i had worked with hard workers and well respectful

Cons

the stress of the job and doing the job right was hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alpha Better Landscaping. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement