Alorica Management reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 10,964 reviews
great place to work but stressful
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at Home14 December 2018
three weeks training was what we were told when we got hired, then find out we have 6 days of training and then straight on the phones for a 13 hour shift. also there were many things we never covered in training which you had to learn yourself. also the management were definitely not the nicest, I felt like I was always under a spotlight but there were a few amazing supervisors as well. overall it was a fantastic experience, but I couldn't enjoy my work while I felt judged the entire time by management
Pros
great schedules
Cons
not enough training
Decent
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 September 2018
It was a job, it was not a career, however seeing people screamed at was definitely not something professional, and seeing them cry! Fired for having a literal signed doctors note for stress leave but it was not good enough? They fired me before I could bring it in. Overall most of the people are enjoyable, some are intolerable and should be let go but are never. Oh they also kept messing up peoples pays!
Pros
Corporate for Brightstar are nice, snack machines, mostly good TLs
Cons
Disorganized payroll, tedious, people who didn’t do their job somehow kept it by befriending higher ups
Call Center Expectations
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Co-Op) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 November 2018
Its a call center- set your expectations accordingly. They want you to show up and do your job. You will not be treated like anything special. If you need to work, they are always hiring and health benefits are good and I got mine after 30 days.
Pros
health benefits after 30 days
Cons
micro management
Collection Department management needs a complete overhaul
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2018
Credit One Bank Collection Dept has a high turnover rate in part due to its management that lacks good leadership. Avoid the collection dept if applying.
Pros
Occasional free pizza
Cons
Workplace discrimination depending on the country of origin
not a good place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 August 2018
place is dusty and dirty, the carpet is full of stains and some desks look like they haven't been cleaned for years. you get sick real easy and the staff doesn't care if your sick. if you take time off your considered not a good employee., and harassed by the management to sell more because you were away. if you don't take time off you are treated special.
Cons
taking call after call or being sent home after 3 hours due to no calls this could happen every day, where when the week is over you only have 15 hours total.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  san antonio27 December 2018
management was fantastic
They recognized people who work hard
large volume of calls but good support system
typical work day would include eight hours a day on the phone assistimg customer
Pros
co workers
Cons
customers at times
Great place to work and learn.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 November 2018
A friendly work environment and cooperative management. Adjustable work shifts. A very helpful team of co-workers.An opportunity to deal with various kinds of people as customers.
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
This is the worst place to work ever. The management do not care about their employees they only care about you collecting them money. The salary is poor and they do not have over time so basically you are working slave wages. It is so disorganized and employees do not get trained properly. Look for another job because trust me you will hate it.
Pros
Potluck on occasion
Cons
Salary (slave wages), management
Good Job
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 August 2018
I worked at Alorica but was removed because I accidentally swore during a call. I was removed when i was having a baby on the way. They didn't care to put in a word and let me go without a fight. Disgusting.
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2018
The Montreal site has come a long way and is constantly evolving and getting better and better. Super-supportive management staff and great trainers. Supervisors have a vested interest in helping you succeed and get better at your job every day, so even if you haven't done the job before, they will give you the tools to do it, don't doubt yourself! Fun programs and contests that go on on social media world-wide.
Pros
Awesome Team - everyone from the bottom up
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PH21 May 2018
It was fun when I worked there though I only worked for 6 months just because of the management at that time. If the management was good enough to treat their employees fairly I would have stayed there for a long time. But again this is just based on my experience, it is still based on how you deal with your own issues in the company
Fun place but very less rewards
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 March 2018
Working at Alorica in Canada was fun, the schedule is flexible but the management really has to work towards employee well being.
the work is really draining but the compensation is extremely less which is not worth to put the extra effort at this place.
This company might help you on a temporary basis but its not a place where you could work for a long time .
If your supervisor is on terms with you then taking unpaid days off is a piece of cake, other than this nothing is enjoyable here.
On the positive side , I made valuable friends here for life, which made a huge difference in my life.
Pros
schedules and work/life balance
Cons
compensation and mostly everything else
okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 July 2018
management uses favoritism
customers are rude
co workers have no regard for other people
good for experience
overall okay company pay was okay hours are good
It's a fun place to be in.
Customer Service Representative (chat support) (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region17 May 2018
The company was great with it's employees. I learned to value teamwork. The management also gives it's best to make the workplace as enjoyable as it can be.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
excellent work environment and management helping the customer care representatives to meet their daily targets , good job benefits , team cooperation , healthy competition
Pathetic
Licensed Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 January 2018
Terrible management, people skills, and lack of professionalism. Some of the people are good but lack the skill in order to do the job properly. It's a shame also that its a minimum wage sweatshop just moving people around that have no real education and the lack of it means they can brow beat the employees they do have because if they don't like it the next batch will easily replace them.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything else
Poor place
CSR- resolution supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 January 2018
Pey is base, not enough for how much you work, some of the managers are nice but favourism based on your country of origin is a big issue, not flexible hours at all which is stupid cz after all this is a call center! Good only as a temporary job until you get a better opportunity
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Too much work for too little pay, management not supportive
Not the Best Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 November 2017
I worked at Alorica in Hamilton for about 2 months. The training is about 4 weeks long and it was great and I say that because we didn't do much or learn much, so we got paid to watch youtube videos! The office environment is decent, everyone is generally nice besides a few Team Leaders. They focus a lot on sale and be careful, there are bed bugs at the office and I was bit more than once.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Management, Hours, BedBugs
They are fun but at Times disturbing
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica St. Catherine15 February 2018
Still getting short paid and our bonus they are never guaranteed even if you for a fact that your qualify Worst management system ever Even supervisor
Pros
Nothing is free
The company waiting to fire you
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON31 December 2018
This is the only company I have come across where call quality auditors only listen to half the call and intentionally fail you, of course we all know you can only have so many fails before you get fired. The auditors are located where English isn't the primary language and they have no knowledge of the system YET are giving information on what they would have done instead of what the company policy dictates the employees do. The person in charge of speaking to agents in regards to the call quality concerns is dismissive and refuses to hear any escalations back in regards to quality concerns from the audited agent. Management is constantly unavailable for supervisor requests from customers. The scheduling isn't bad BUT you will be penalized when THE PROVIDED programs crash and or lock you out for no reason and prevent you from doing work. Training is mediocre at best with 2 weeks (which is the norm) there is only one week of instruction , the second week is on the phone learning. Even those who fail the workflow tests still get a job putting more strain on other employees, there is no inspection of home office for working from home allowing dogs and kids rampant in the background of many calls

No accountability for anyone off the phones, management tries to avoid paying you stat pay, by editing your timecard, when your supposed to be off work, supervisor requests by customers never speak to a supervisor(they speak to a regular agent who states they are a supervisor), no instant paystub availability (comes 2 weeks later by mail)
Pros
Work from home options, above minimum wage pay
Cons
Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K