Alorica Employee Reviews

Found 89 reviews matching the search See all 11,655 reviews
Alorica
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 March 2019
Alorica, has been a great company to me because it is a very friendly environment and it offers many benefits such as dental and a medical plans. Alorica also has a commitee team that organizes many lunches which is a great way to interact with fellow employees.
Pros
good hours
Cons
long communte
Comfortable and steady work environement with friendly employees
Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 March 2019
Working at Alorica is a great job to work on my computer and communication skills, teaches me a lot about insurance which I didn't know much about, I can am picking up and learning new things everyday on the job, I love it and enjoy it.
telesales workplace. you meet lots of people from different culture.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2019
telesales workplace with extremely low pay and no benefits attached.. you meet lots of people from different culture. supervisors on my campaign were nice. it all depends on what campaign you are hired for.
Pros
great supervisor, free lunch on special days
Cons
pay is extremely ow, no benefits whatsoever
its a call centre.
Outbound Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 March 2019
Went into the job with little high hopes, I understood that it was just a summer job and so did my coworkers. The work was mind-numbing and never changing. People screamed at you, and you were berated for not trying to calm them down the second they answered the phone.
Environment is nice almost all of the employees are accommodating too.
Financial Representative - Citizens Bank (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
Its a call center- set your expectations accordingly. They want you to show up and do your job. You will not be treated like anything special. Company Benefits is not really good..so again set proper expectations guys.
Pros
Can always do over time.
Cons
Minimum Pay.
It is hard work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 February 2019
It is routine work and tires you out easily if that's not your thing. Taking calls with little room to relate with co-workers. When it gets busy, you must stay for your shift, when the call volume drops, they are looking to kick you out the door.
Pros
No room for growth
Cons
Tiring, Routine
Not a good work environment
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2019
Alorica does not have good working environment. Atmosphere is totally not welcoming as an office. No clear cut notice of bonuses and rewards for employees.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No clear employee savvy rules
Salary
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 January 2019
The salary needs to be improve and specialy better equipment and area of work. More management good work aknowledgement . More organization with the recruiting department.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 January 2019
It was beautifully a non stop work, always fresh stuff to get to, mainly on the PC . The hardest was to notify of a schedule change, everything else was pure joy.
Pros
free lunch from time to time
Cons
staying late
The company waiting to fire you
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON31 December 2018
This is the only company I have come across where call quality auditors only listen to half the call and intentionally fail you, of course we all know you can only have so many fails before you get fired. The auditors are located where English isn't the primary language and they have no knowledge of the system YET are giving information on what they would have done instead of what the company policy dictates the employees do. The person in charge of speaking to agents in regards to the call quality concerns is dismissive and refuses to hear any escalations back in regards to quality concerns from the audited agent. Management is constantly unavailable for supervisor requests from customers. The scheduling isn't bad BUT you will be penalized when THE PROVIDED programs crash and or lock you out for no reason and prevent you from doing work. Training is mediocre at best with 2 weeks (which is the norm) there is only one week of instruction , the second week is on the phone learning. Even those who fail the workflow tests still get a job putting more strain on other employees, there is no inspection of home office for working from home allowing dogs and kids rampant in the background of many calls

No accountability for anyone off the phones, management tries to avoid paying you stat pay, by editing your timecard, when your supposed to be off work, supervisor requests by customers never speak to a supervisor(they speak to a regular agent who states they are a supervisor), no instant paystub availability (comes 2 weeks later by mail)
Pros
Work from home options, above minimum wage pay
Cons
Too many to list
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  san antonio27 December 2018
management was fantastic
They recognized people who work hard
large volume of calls but good support system
typical work day would include eight hours a day on the phone assistimg customer
Pros
co workers
Cons
customers at times
great place to work but stressful
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at Home14 December 2018
three weeks training was what we were told when we got hired, then find out we have 6 days of training and then straight on the phones for a 13 hour shift. also there were many things we never covered in training which you had to learn yourself. also the management were definitely not the nicest, I felt like I was always under a spotlight but there were a few amazing supervisors as well. overall it was a fantastic experience, but I couldn't enjoy my work while I felt judged the entire time by management
Pros
great schedules
Cons
not enough training
Poor workplace culture at the Collection Dept in Montreal office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2018
I worked at the Collection Department (outbound call) for a brief period of time. The employees are very nice but the management team of this dept operates based on petty talks. Many of the management team members were former call center agents who have been working at Alorica for over 10 years. Some supervisors could be abusive in a very cunning way. If you are no on good terms with the supervisors, they would really pressure you in a nasty and disturbing way under the guise of ensuring you to follow the rules and to perform well. To survive there, you would need to be under the wing of one of the wicked supervisors. Some agents are in safe hands simply because of their country of origin, ethnicity, and religious faith. If you don't have any affinities to the supervisors' country of origin or ethnicity, you would be under scrutiny. They would want you to sit at only certain stations near to them, explaining that it is because they want to help you perform well. But the truth is that you would be under their wicked scrutiny. In other words, you would be subjected to workplace discrimination and psychological harassment by such wicked supervisors. They evaluate the quality of the calls based on purposely selected calls as opposed to randomly selected. Therefore, their evaluation is very biased and subjective. In addition, many of the supervisors are unqualified and untrained to provide coaching. Some of the supervisors and staff don't know how to respect one's private space. Asking one's religious faith and marital status is very common in this department. It is definitely not  more... North American or Canadian workplace culture. Overall, the Collection Department at Montreal office needs to overhaul its entire operation system if they want to retain people and reduce its high employee turnover. The training should cover some sessions on increasing the awareness of workplace harassment and discrimination for employees. The supervisors also need to be trained on such matters.  less
Pros
occasional free pizza, some staff are very kind and friendly
Cons
poor equipment, poor physical working environment, revolving door in terms of employee retention, demoralized management and supervisors, inadequate training
Love Alorica but not the client
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 November 2018
Our site is a great place - good people and environment. Supervisors and Team Leads are approachable and helpful. Unfortunately we all just learned we're being laid off effective January 11th and I'm heartbroken. It's not Alorica - it's the client. Alorica is working with all of us to either transfer to another site or set us up to work from home. The pay is only minimum wage but the incentives and bonuses help.
Pros
Bus route, friendly coworkers, pot luck meals once a month
Cons
Optical benefits could be a lot better
Collection Department management needs a complete overhaul
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2018
Credit One Bank Collection Dept has a high turnover rate in part due to its management that lacks good leadership. Avoid the collection dept if applying.
Pros
Occasional free pizza
Cons
Workplace discrimination depending on the country of origin
Call Center Expectations
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Co-Op) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 November 2018
Its a call center- set your expectations accordingly. They want you to show up and do your job. You will not be treated like anything special. If you need to work, they are always hiring and health benefits are good and I got mine after 30 days.
Pros
health benefits after 30 days
Cons
micro management
Great place to work and learn.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 November 2018
A friendly work environment and cooperative management. Adjustable work shifts. A very helpful team of co-workers.An opportunity to deal with various kinds of people as customers.
Don't work here unless you can't find something else
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada20 October 2018
For those of us who worked from home, there was zero job culture except some chat board. We had internet-based chatrooms we could use, but they were monitored by our bosses, so were our private conversations. You couldn't say a damned thing without someone knowing you said it. That's no way to build any kind of rapport or trust. So, they were clearly only interested in policing us.

Money is average if you're in the call centre, because that's just minimum wage; but it's better if you work from home, at least in Ontario, where at-home minimum wage is higher. Still, their method of offering you any kind of bonus was not even remotely easy to attain, though they kept telling us that people were getting it all the time.

My manager for the work at home portion, was a condescending mansplainer, who talked down to me like I had the intellect of a rutabaga. Thankfully, I had to deal with him very rarely. When I was still in the call centre, some of the managers were okay, but there were a few that should never have been given any kind of authority over others, as they were clearly incapable of communicating with people in any way that wasn't rude or dictatorial.

This is a call centre, that - for the most part - is heavily sales-oriented, so the only thing you're going to learn here is how to manipulate people; and you may not even learn that well, since the coaching is a laugh. This is not a place to work if you're looking for growth or learning. This is only the sort of place to work if you need to get something on your resume, or you're desperate.

I had to quit, because
  more... the company itself made my job impossible to do, and gave me no way to resolve it.  less
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Just about all of it, over time - no part-time options - lunch period too short (half hour)
Mentally draining and exhausting
Telemarketing employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 September 2018
I had a hard time making sales (many of us did) and my bosses would always be on my case and frustrated with me and I was given very little guidance. There was also a lot of workplace drama. Also when i took a few extra sick days I was told to make up my hours but when I asked how and when I wasn't given any guidance or instruction. hilariously enough i got a verbal warning for not making them up THE DAY AFTER I handed in my two weeks notice.
Pros
Money
Cons
everything else
Was Great
CLIENT PLANNING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Work from Home18 September 2018
Really can't say enough the of the wonderful people I worked with and learned from for the past 20 years.
Onsite work culture is amazing
Long Hours during peak call periods
benefits
Cons
moved jobs overseas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K