Alorica Employee Reviews

Essential training and respecting each other despite the culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 July 2018
main purpose has not being achieved
Continually training
Working as one
respecting each other is necessity
Making a sale
barbecue,pep-talk, free pizza
Pros
At your expense
Cons
8hrs
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
This is the worst place to work ever. The management do not care about their employees they only care about you collecting them money. The salary is poor and they do not have over time so basically you are working slave wages. It is so disorganized and employees do not get trained properly. Look for another job because trust me you will hate it.
Pros
Potluck on occasion
Cons
Salary (slave wages), management
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PH21 May 2018
It was fun when I worked there though I only worked for 6 months just because of the management at that time. If the management was good enough to treat their employees fairly I would have stayed there for a long time. But again this is just based on my experience, it is still based on how you deal with your own issues in the company
It's a fun place to be in.
Customer Service Representative (chat support) (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region17 May 2018
The company was great with it's employees. I learned to value teamwork. The management also gives it's best to make the workplace as enjoyable as it can be.
enjoyable part of job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2018
i enjoy to interact with customers and sort their problems. I am good listener that is the core of my success in this profession. many people spoke with us about their problems so we tried to give them a best service.
Pros
Monthly Bonuses
Cons
Voice mails annoyed me sometimes
workplace culture
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alorica, Montreal4 May 2018
Alorica is a great place to work. I started working here is an agent and moved up the ranks to a supervisor position. The rewards and recognition are phenomenal plus you get to meet and work with some amazing people. Work is fun no matter the stress of the job there is always something to laugh about. Your team managers will take you under their wing and teach you the necessary skills needed to thrive at your position. I highly recommend working for Alorica!
Pros
Great benefits, rewards and recognition
Cons
Schedules are not fixed but depended on business needs
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2018
The Montreal site has come a long way and is constantly evolving and getting better and better. Super-supportive management staff and great trainers. Supervisors have a vested interest in helping you succeed and get better at your job every day, so even if you haven't done the job before, they will give you the tools to do it, don't doubt yourself! Fun programs and contests that go on on social media world-wide.
Pros
Awesome Team - everyone from the bottom up
Productive and fun place to work lots of incentives games and prizes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 May 2018
A typical work day is usually busy making the time go by faster.
inbounds phone calls for service or billing issues.
great people to work with from co workers to staff.
managers and team leads provides great incentives to motivate while working to earn extra bonuses and prizes.
great client !!!!wish I could disclose
regular client site visits and training sessions.
FREE LUNCHES & PRIZES
FROM GIFT CARDS TO 55'TV's XBOXES AND MUCH MORE.
FREE COFFEA WHEN ITS NOT A PAY WEEK.
GREAT OPPERTUNITIES FOR GROWTH WITHIN THE COMPANY
Pros
Benefits in 30 days/ great bonus structure
Cons
Vto when work load slows
Love
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 May 2018
I love my job at Alorica - the people I work with are fantastic. Customers can be frustrating, but I enjoy helping them! I learn so much working here!
Pros
Fun Theme Days, Free Lunches, Great Team
Cons
Customers can be exhausting
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
excellent work environment and management helping the customer care representatives to meet their daily targets , good job benefits , team cooperation , healthy competition
Most unprofessional place I ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from Home8 April 2018
Can't get anyone to take a supervisor call. My pay was delayed for two weeks because the HR person didn't submit my stuff on time. I filled everything out clearly and submitted it by deadline and she mishandled it. One trainer was good and the other one was extremely irritable. Nothing was as described when we actually went on the phones. The client policies that we had to adhere to were not in favour of the customer yet we agents had to tell customers that we couldn't help them. This resulted in many supervisor requests, which the supervisors would almost never take. The call flows were hard to find as they were not arranged in a cohesive way. My team lead actually said to just tell customers "how it was." and just quote policy to customer. The lack of professionalism was absolutely stunning.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low pay, no support, incompetence of administation
Productive in technical aspect.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines8 April 2018
Normal day as Technical Rep,
Enhance my technical skills
Enhance my dealing with customer
Exciting because everyday your dealing different people with the same problem in a different approach.
Cons
grave yard shift.
fub workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region25 March 2018
has friendly staff, training instuctor which is really a big help for us to learn as fast as we can. one of the easiest job for me cause its under hospitality industry where im passionate to do
Fun place but very less rewards
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 March 2018
Working at Alorica in Canada was fun, the schedule is flexible but the management really has to work towards employee well being.
the work is really draining but the compensation is extremely less which is not worth to put the extra effort at this place.
This company might help you on a temporary basis but its not a place where you could work for a long time .
If your supervisor is on terms with you then taking unpaid days off is a piece of cake, other than this nothing is enjoyable here.
On the positive side , I made valuable friends here for life, which made a huge difference in my life.
Pros
schedules and work/life balance
Cons
compensation and mostly everything else
Sometimes fun
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2018
Sometimes can be fun working for them. Underpaid for the skils and amount of work that is required. MAny time the team leaders don`t know how to handle the information.
fun workplace and the work force are
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines22 February 2018
one of the best bpo company in the philippines they will teach you to become a better agent or person and they will develop your communication skills .
They are fun but at Times disturbing
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica St. Catherine15 February 2018
Still getting short paid and our bonus they are never guaranteed even if you for a fact that your qualify Worst management system ever Even supervisor
Pros
Nothing is free
The worst work environment to date.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 February 2018
I have worked for 3 call centres and this by far was the worst experience of my life. Training was one week long with little/no use of computers for training. They briefly teach you the systems then boot you on to the floor, I would not recommend this job for anyone as the supervisors play nice (sometimes) but are consistently watching and grilling you. The only way to work here is to be a robot or extremely uneducated. I would recommend interested parties go for a walk and seek work elsewhere. Normal training would be a minimum of 3 weeks in class and 1 week on floor, which would be considered sufficient training for the job, scripting and systems. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!
Pros
Cons
No coffee maker, or utensils, and break room is extremely small for staffing 400
good place to get experience
Quality Assurance associate and tier 2 supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 January 2018
I learned a lot in this company, it is a healthy environment. they need to invest more in employees intellectual growth and work more on reducing retention rate
Poor place
CSR- resolution supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 January 2018
Pey is base, not enough for how much you work, some of the managers are nice but favourism based on your country of origin is a big issue, not flexible hours at all which is stupid cz after all this is a call center! Good only as a temporary job until you get a better opportunity
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Too much work for too little pay, management not supportive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K