Alorica Employee Reviews

Found 42 reviews matching the search See all 8,299 reviews
Mentally draining and exhausting
Telemarketing employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 September 2018
I had a hard time making sales (many of us did) and my bosses would always be on my case and frustrated with me and I was given very little guidance. There was also a lot of workplace drama. Also when i took a few extra sick days I was told to make up my hours but when I asked how and when I wasn't given any guidance or instruction. hilariously enough i got a verbal warning for not making them up THE DAY AFTER I handed in my two weeks notice.
Pros
Money
Cons
everything else
A good starter job
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 September 2018
A great place to gain some work experience if you don't have much. I only took inbound calls and the training took about two weeks. I wouldn't recommend it as a career though.
Pros
Pto, 15 minute paid breaks
Cons
A lot of unruly customers
Decent
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 September 2018
It was a job, it was not a career, however seeing people screamed at was definitely not something professional, and seeing them cry! Fired for having a literal signed doctors note for stress leave but it was not good enough? They fired me before I could bring it in. Overall most of the people are enjoyable, some are intolerable and should be let go but are never. Oh they also kept messing up peoples pays!
Pros
Corporate for Brightstar are nice, snack machines, mostly good TLs
Cons
Disorganized payroll, tedious, people who didn’t do their job somehow kept it by befriending higher ups
Good Job
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 August 2018
I worked at Alorica but was removed because I accidentally swore during a call. I was removed when i was having a baby on the way. They didn't care to put in a word and let me go without a fight. Disgusting.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines19 August 2018
Its always a pleasure helping others with their concerns. It feels good knowing you were able to resolve their concerns. Specially the elderly. Its so nice talking to them.
Pros
Incentive
Cons
not a good place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 August 2018
place is dusty and dirty, the carpet is full of stains and some desks look like they haven't been cleaned for years. you get sick real easy and the staff doesn't care if your sick. if you take time off your considered not a good employee., and harassed by the management to sell more because you were away. if you don't take time off you are treated special.
Cons
taking call after call or being sent home after 3 hours due to no calls this could happen every day, where when the week is over you only have 15 hours total.
Cool laid back work enviroment.
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 August 2018
Working at alorica helped me improve many of my skills. Working there helped me get better at dealing with customers and to also deescalate and Handel situations on my own.
Pros
mo timed breaks
Cons
mot enough hours
okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 July 2018
management uses favoritism
customers are rude
co workers have no regard for other people
good for experience
overall okay company pay was okay hours are good
Essential training and respecting each other despite the culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 July 2018
main purpose has not being achieved
Continually training
Working as one
respecting each other is necessity
Making a sale
barbecue,pep-talk, free pizza
Pros
At your expense
Cons
8hrs
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
This is the worst place to work ever. The management do not care about their employees they only care about you collecting them money. The salary is poor and they do not have over time so basically you are working slave wages. It is so disorganized and employees do not get trained properly. Look for another job because trust me you will hate it.
Pros
Potluck on occasion
Cons
Salary (slave wages), management
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PH21 May 2018
It was fun when I worked there though I only worked for 6 months just because of the management at that time. If the management was good enough to treat their employees fairly I would have stayed there for a long time. But again this is just based on my experience, it is still based on how you deal with your own issues in the company
It's a fun place to be in.
Customer Service Representative (chat support) (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region17 May 2018
The company was great with it's employees. I learned to value teamwork. The management also gives it's best to make the workplace as enjoyable as it can be.
enjoyable part of job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2018
i enjoy to interact with customers and sort their problems. I am good listener that is the core of my success in this profession. many people spoke with us about their problems so we tried to give them a best service.
Pros
Monthly Bonuses
Cons
Voice mails annoyed me sometimes
workplace culture
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alorica, Montreal4 May 2018
Alorica is a great place to work. I started working here is an agent and moved up the ranks to a supervisor position. The rewards and recognition are phenomenal plus you get to meet and work with some amazing people. Work is fun no matter the stress of the job there is always something to laugh about. Your team managers will take you under their wing and teach you the necessary skills needed to thrive at your position. I highly recommend working for Alorica!
Pros
Great benefits, rewards and recognition
Cons
Schedules are not fixed but depended on business needs
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2018
The Montreal site has come a long way and is constantly evolving and getting better and better. Super-supportive management staff and great trainers. Supervisors have a vested interest in helping you succeed and get better at your job every day, so even if you haven't done the job before, they will give you the tools to do it, don't doubt yourself! Fun programs and contests that go on on social media world-wide.
Pros
Awesome Team - everyone from the bottom up
Productive and fun place to work lots of incentives games and prizes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 May 2018
A typical work day is usually busy making the time go by faster.
inbounds phone calls for service or billing issues.
great people to work with from co workers to staff.
managers and team leads provides great incentives to motivate while working to earn extra bonuses and prizes.
great client !!!!wish I could disclose
regular client site visits and training sessions.
FREE LUNCHES & PRIZES
FROM GIFT CARDS TO 55'TV's XBOXES AND MUCH MORE.
FREE COFFEA WHEN ITS NOT A PAY WEEK.
GREAT OPPERTUNITIES FOR GROWTH WITHIN THE COMPANY
Pros
Benefits in 30 days/ great bonus structure
Cons
Vto when work load slows
Love
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 May 2018
I love my job at Alorica - the people I work with are fantastic. Customers can be frustrating, but I enjoy helping them! I learn so much working here!
Pros
Fun Theme Days, Free Lunches, Great Team
Cons
Customers can be exhausting
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
excellent work environment and management helping the customer care representatives to meet their daily targets , good job benefits , team cooperation , healthy competition
Most unprofessional place I ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from Home8 April 2018
Can't get anyone to take a supervisor call. My pay was delayed for two weeks because the HR person didn't submit my stuff on time. I filled everything out clearly and submitted it by deadline and she mishandled it. One trainer was good and the other one was extremely irritable. Nothing was as described when we actually went on the phones. The client policies that we had to adhere to were not in favour of the customer yet we agents had to tell customers that we couldn't help them. This resulted in many supervisor requests, which the supervisors would almost never take. The call flows were hard to find as they were not arranged in a cohesive way. My team lead actually said to just tell customers "how it was." and just quote policy to customer. The lack of professionalism was absolutely stunning.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low pay, no support, incompetence of administation
Productive in technical aspect.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines8 April 2018
Normal day as Technical Rep,
Enhance my technical skills
Enhance my dealing with customer
Exciting because everyday your dealing different people with the same problem in a different approach.
Cons
grave yard shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alorica. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K