Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Horrible company-will kill your career
Principal Scientist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA10 July 2019
I worked more than one year in the DMPK group. It was mostly run like chinese and korean mafia. It is horrible group and the management. No team work and no proper review. People are uncultured as if it is not in USA. I will never ever recommend any one to join in the DMPK and Bioanalytical group at Alnylam.
Very fun welcoming environment
Quality Control Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA3 January 2019
Enjoyed working at this company. Help full peers that through you into the thick of it. Everyone enjoys what they do and understand the impact they are making.
Awesome place to work
Facilities Help Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA11 July 2018
I cannot review in its entirely, i am a contractor and do not get the same benefits that an employee does. however it has been a delight to work for such a great family feel company. everyone is connected and communication is stellar. Very transparent departments and an overall great place to work.
Fast paced company with a good culture
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA28 June 2018
Loved it here. Typical day began at 8 and ended at 6. The company is rapidly growing and has a lot f pipeline drugs so there's always work to be done.
Pros
Free food and friday after paries
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA16 March 2018
I had a great opportunity as a contractor and met a lot of great people that I learned some valuable skills to use in my career going forward. I would recommend looking in to working at Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, as the culture nurtures collaboration amongst multiple levels of management.
Co-op Review for Quality Assurance
Aide in root cause analysis and resolution (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA4 March 2018
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is a great company to work for. It is consistently ranked as one of the top companies to work for in Boston. The company is located in Cambridge Massachusetts right by the Kendall/MIT stop. A typical day at work consists of working on multiple projects regarding your field, meeting with your team members to discuss the progress of what your team is in charge of and ways to continue forward in making progress with your unit. Additionally, one on one weekly meetings with your boss/manager to discuss your personal projects and goals were set in place. This helps build a relationship with your boss/manager on a more personal level. Workplace culture is fast paced and exciting. Since there are many different drugs at at different stages in the standard pharmaceutical drug pipeline, there always something exciting going on. Keeping up with this fast paced environment is probably both the most enjoyable part of the time and the most difficult. I absolutely loved my time at alnylam and would definitely go back there.
Excellent company
Facilities help desk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA9 February 2018
This company was very professional and helpful to my career, I am unfortunately looking for something more fast paced. This career gave me the opportunity to further explore my skills and helped me evolve as a help desk employee.
I enjoyed working for Alnylam
Quality Control/Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA31 January 2018
This work culture at Alnylam was very good. The management wasn't as good, but they tried. I like that I was able to learn a lot while I was there because of my coworkers.
Company extremely focused on providing care for patients
Senior Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA8 January 2018
Technical writing such as revising SOP's, writing change controls, deviations or CAPA's took up much of the time in my manufacturing role. Manufactured approximately 6 batches per year.
Goal -bringing a new class of medicine to patients -oriented place
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA9 November 2017
Open culture and strong scientific drive; very fast paced and multi product/ disease company. Good level of attention and support for research. Reasonable transparency in company directions and decision making.
New Hire Point of View
Senior Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA13 September 2017
Great Company! The culture is employee- centric which helps provide motivation to do your best work all the time. Network module for career advancement is a little confusing, but it works.
Pros
Work environment, company is working towards common goals across all levels
Good Company
Former Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA13 May 2017
Good company, great culture. Management shouldn't block their employees from learning. The company worries about making employees happy. Have a great kitchen with everything an employee may want during their work day.
Pros
culture
Cons
management
Ta
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA7 July 2016
Great experience learning about talent acquisition under experienced recruiters. Fantastic and helpful co-workers at the entry level.
Dynamic Place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA13 May 2015
Alnylam is crazy but it's a good crazy. The CEO and senior leaders are all deeply committed to the company and it's goals. It's still small but growing rapidly and as such doesn't quite have perfect systems and processes in place yet. But it will and in the meantime, it's small enough that you can just swing by the desk of the person you need/want to see and make it happen....without going through hundreds of forms or red tape.
I liked it there a lot, my fellow administrative co-workers were awesome and quite honestly, I'm sorry I left.
Go for it!
Research internship with Cambridge Pharma company
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA21 August 2013
Alnylam was a thoroughly thrilling place to work with beautiful facilities and thoughtful, creative employees excited with their work. This job taught me a great deal about handling research animals and the business side of manufacturing a drug.
Pros
Highly intellectually stimulating - great seminars
Cons
Only a summer internship...
Ambitious company
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA6 April 2012
This was a great company to work for. The people were fantastic and I made lifelong friends there. I gained most of my experience at Alnylam and am grateful for the knowledge I acquired during my stay.