Almag Aluminum

Almag Aluminum Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
It was fairly good
My agency assigned me another work after two months working at Almag of which I declined I had wanted to work at Almag to gain some experience. Also the supervisors didn’t find out from me if I would have loved to continue working with them.
Working at almag was an excellent experience
Working at almag was a great experience.Thd job culture was excellent,the management gave you the skills and tools to be successful.overall the experience at almag was excellent.
Aluminum production
I ENJOY this work place during my job. there many worker doing work here . every staff member is good worker . they have good behaviour and helping each together
Poor Management
Poor Management,Change Room is dirty & Bathrooms are so tiny that you can't fit in their. Alot of politics & favoritism. Supervisory with no patience.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Fast paced, mentally intense and stressful
The company was okay to work for, I wouldn't recommend to anyone that can't handle a mentally and physically draining work atmosphere. I believe the management could have been a little better, but the employees were really nice to work with.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, managment could've been a littke better
Love this place
Would still be working hear as i was told by 3 different supervisors they would hire me as i had experience in production, then Q&A and packaging after 4 and a half months( Accuses career salutation brampton )(employment agencies) removed me from this job )as they new company had intrust in my experience.
productive
the work environment was ok. the management was trying to motivate the employees buy giving shares and incentives , which did make the employees more determined and interested in doing a great job.
Company is good with their permanet staff
Ok company to work . Have necessary equipment for carry out the job. Pleasant place to work. Environment is conducive, work load is much, not enough training for temp staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Almag Aluminum?
Too much favoritism
Too much good talking but reality at ground is totally different.. Manager and supervisor don't want to solve the problem. All family members, and one group of people recruit and total favoritism with other team members... Managers afraid to say something to them. Too much harassment for the people, they are not the best managed but the worst managed company... Favorite people get over time, opportunities and all liberties... Not good place for honest, sincere people. They need people who do lot of drama and good in buttering. Hr is so arrogant and biased and racist.
Cons
To much partial
Average General Labor
The job is average, you are required to work hard when there is a lot of work to be done. When there aren't many orders there is lighter work to be done like cleaning areas or sorting materials. The work environment is good and the parking is okay.
Stuck in the Past
For all the advancements this company does within the world of extrusion their overall management system is archaic and incredibly resistant to change. Almag way or the highway.
Pros
Great bonus (IF you can survive the 25 months leading up to your first cheque!)
Cons
Change resistant
Uneven
Owner, who receives several local Brampton awards for business and employee relations, is oblivious to conditions. As example, they went through 30 - 50 applicants in 2 months that I was there. As with most locations, staff and mgmt contemptuous of contract workers and have hard to keep them and acquire permanent hires.

Aluminum plant, heavy lifting, but one could potentially acquire a skill set.
productive and fun place to work
1. Fast face work
2. equal opportunity company

3. Very warm temp. during summr specially in the press

4. work is challenging due to shape and tolerance of product
Fast Paced
Fast Paced Job, not for the lazy. A lot to learn but there are co-workers willing to show and advise you on the correct way to do things. Loud environment but emphasis is placed on safety.
Pros
Encouraging co-wprkers
Cons
Heavy lifting and frequent bending
Productive, excellent place to work and great cooperation among the employees and the management.
The working environment is awesome, safety measures in place and very busy most of the times.
I gained lots of experiences working with colleagues, supervisors, and managers. I learnt safety procedures, the do's and don'ts in workplace environment and best ways to stay safe while on duty.

Workplace culture we do whatever it takes to get the job going.

I believe there is no job that comes easy but with passion and consistency you make work easy.

The benefits associated with the job makes it enjoyable.
Pros
No free launch but once in a year we have a party
Hot place in summer.
I worked 10 years in Almag. Good company to work with. Alit of benfits. Big company more than 300 employees in there. It's hot in summer due to high oven temperature.
Busy workplace
Shift changing every two weeks and it's too hot inside . Busy workplace too many overtime.

Work environments is friendly
Benefits
Cons
Shift not good
good place to work
Good place to work good management good pay
Management is very understanding with me

Calling in when it comes to family issues
i work here 6:30 am to 3:00 Pm this is a best shift that found to work so my evenings are free, also the job security in this company is acceptable.
Very unsafe place to work , very old school
Very unsafe. Product is all over the place. No improvements and looked down on if mentioned. Management runs the show and they are sure to let you know that. Place sucks.
Pros
Keep quite and you can do what you want
Good work place to work
limited improvement on my field, good environment to work, good benefit, there is always work and busy, not enough knowledgeable people in cnc job,
Pros
benefit and profit Sharing
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almag Aluminum. Our community is ready to answer.
Almag Aluminum Reviews by Location