Alma Mater Society of UBC Vancouver

Alma Mater Society of UBC Vancouver Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Great Place to Work
The AMS offers great work-life balance coupled with rewarding work - awesome. I find it to be a well managed, forward-thinking organization that provides lots of opportunities to make your mark. The supportive work environment, competitive salary and benefits are nice as well.
Pros
Generous benefits, great work environment, supportive management.
Cons
Daily commute to UBC
Fun place, good management, work life balace
It was great pleasure working for AMS of UBC.All colleague and management is great to work with. I highly recommend this company if you want work life balance, good culture, growth and awesome support. I consider myself very lucky to get the opportunity to work with great company. My manager was super supportive. I really miss working there.
Pros
Great management, good culture, lovely team members, very vibrant
Cons
No cons
Fun, flexible place to work
Fantastic place to work. In the Events department, there id flexibility, opportunity to grow and most important the means to make an impact. People who work for the AMS have students best interests in mind and are working towards creating a better experience for all.
Fun place with young people
The AMS is a good place to work at as you are surrounded by young energetic people. The advancement and compensation is not the greatest but it is not terrible either.
Pros
Food discounts, regular hours
Cons
average compensation
Elections Committee
There are no definite hours of work per day. You go into work when you have things to do and it can get quite busy once the elections season kicks in.