Allure Body Bar Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

great place to work at
Receptionist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2019
4 stars because there was just too much drama and you couldnt have sicks days or switch your shifts because there werent enough workers.
Overall a great place to work and great owner.
Teamwork makes the dreamwork.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2019
It is a shame to see the negative reviews from past disgruntled employees because when we have a good team of people, then everything runs so smoothly. To any future would-be applicant to the business, just remember that it's who you are and the work you do, and your positive attitude, that will make or break the atmosphere. Of course management will bear down when people aren't doing their work properly and also creating a negative work environment by gossiping, spreading negative talk, and also having an immature attitude. If you can come in to work with a positive attitude, an open mind for feedback and criticism, and the understanding that front desk is the lynchpin for running things smoothly and fairly, then you will succeed! As a waxer, putting ego aside and working with polices and procedure will be what ensures success, and no matter your position, it is always positivity and respect that is the most important. Also, remember that you don't see all the moving parts of the business, so don't make assumptions. I've been working for 15 years (at Allure for just 2) and this is the best job I've ever had. If I spend the next 15 years here, I will be happy.
Pros
Positive atmopshere, great clients.
Cons
staff turnover affecting business.
Bad Job Security
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
Very bad job security. Under no circumstances should you want to work here. The staff is nice and the atmosphere is clean but that's about it. Minimum wage is not worth the amount of work you have to do nor the fact that you have no job security...you're better off waiting to hear back from a different employer.
Pros
clean workspace
Cons
No job security
dramatic workplace, weak management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
working without an on-site manager is difficult - minimum wage is not enough when you're working alone and basically managing the store alone. management is weak as they're hardly ever around and very unprofessional and rude with its employees when they do visit. assistant managers would make this business run much smoother. nothing is consistent. there is a high employee turnover which makes for ever-changing schedules. free waxing is a plus.
Pros
free waxing
Cons
weak management
Not the greatest Job
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2017
The management talks about some clients and interviewers negatively, it's bad. I didn't enjoy my experience here, they over work us, lack in training and pay is minimum. Tips are great.
Pros
Great Tips
Cons
Lack in confiditenially, long hours and under appreciated