Allure Body Bar Employee Reviews

not worth it
waxing technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2019
All employees are micromanaged to the T. Staff is underpaid with no benefits (including full time staff) and expected to do things not in your job description. Oddly enough it is the employers who are unappreciative and unprofessional in this work environment creating a highly toxic atmosphere. There is a reason there is a high turn over rate. Save yourself the hassle, wait for better employment, it's not worth it.
great place to work at
Receptionist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2019
4 stars because there was just too much drama and you couldnt have sicks days or switch your shifts because there werent enough workers.
Overall a great place to work and great owner.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 May 2019
Everyone that works here is so friendly. The job of front desk position is easy and the customers are so friendly.
Management and owner are FANTASTIC! They’re so friendly and accommodating, over all great people to work with 😁
Teamwork makes the dreamwork.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2019
It is a shame to see the negative reviews from past disgruntled employees because when we have a good team of people, then everything runs so smoothly. To any future would-be applicant to the business, just remember that it's who you are and the work you do, and your positive attitude, that will make or break the atmosphere. Of course management will bear down when people aren't doing their work properly and also creating a negative work environment by gossiping, spreading negative talk, and also having an immature attitude. If you can come in to work with a positive attitude, an open mind for feedback and criticism, and the understanding that front desk is the lynchpin for running things smoothly and fairly, then you will succeed! As a waxer, putting ego aside and working with polices and procedure will be what ensures success, and no matter your position, it is always positivity and respect that is the most important. Also, remember that you don't see all the moving parts of the business, so don't make assumptions. I've been working for 15 years (at Allure for just 2) and this is the best job I've ever had. If I spend the next 15 years here, I will be happy.
Pros
Positive atmopshere, great clients.
Cons
staff turnover affecting business.
Don’t apply here
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 April 2019
You’re better off going to apply somewhere else! They do not respect you there’s a lot of drama in the workplace the management and owners don’t care about you or the work you do for them. They don’t pay you enough and they don’t give you good hours. There cheap people another thing is when the owners talks to you they don’t talk to you with respect they talk to you like you’re stupid. Worst place I’ve ever worked.
Don't work here!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 April 2019
I had to leave a review since I noticed they've posted a few ads:

One of my worst job experiences - and I've had a lot of jobs!
The biggest problem is management. They are extremely unprofessional and rude to employees. If you like to be micro-managed, berated and stressed then you'll enjoy working here.
The pay is not nearly enough for what you are supposed to do. You're basically managing the entire store.
Some of the waxers are amazing to work with, some are very immature.
To say you're better off flipping burgers would be an understatement.
Pros
Free waxes
Cons
Not paid enough, bad management, immature coworkers
Don't even apply
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 April 2019
Poor management, disorganized and incomplete training. The waxers are so talented and it's such a shame they work here. Even the way the customers are treated by management is atrocious.
Pros
wax discount
Cons
horrible management
Good Values and Life Changing experience
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 December 2018
I have been with Allure for a year and a half, and like all places there are up and downs. I feel the owners do their best to run things and keep on top of issues. The most frustrating is having staff who don't take things seriously and are difficult to work with. It takes time to find people who are the right fit, but when we do, magic happens.
I have been given so many opportunities with this company and manangment makes sure to let people know when they are appreiciated. It is hard to find work where people tell you when you are valued and appreciated, and they do. I feel like when I have a problem I can go to management for help and the genuinely try to find a solution and care for staff. At this time in my life and career, this job is exactly where I want to be and what I want to be doing, and if you are willing to work well and have a positive attitude, this is a great environment to foster that.
Our clients are also amazing people and coming from a long history of retail/customer service, I can tell you that customer interaction is amazing.
Pros
Support from company, great clients
Cons
Some schedule variance disrupting work/life balance
Bad Job Security
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
Very bad job security. Under no circumstances should you want to work here. The staff is nice and the atmosphere is clean but that's about it. Minimum wage is not worth the amount of work you have to do nor the fact that you have no job security...you're better off waiting to hear back from a different employer.
Pros
clean workspace
Cons
No job security
dramatic workplace, weak management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
working without an on-site manager is difficult - minimum wage is not enough when you're working alone and basically managing the store alone. management is weak as they're hardly ever around and very unprofessional and rude with its employees when they do visit. assistant managers would make this business run much smoother. nothing is consistent. there is a high employee turnover which makes for ever-changing schedules. free waxing is a plus.
Pros
free waxing
Cons
weak management
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barton, ON18 February 2018
Have worked at better places. Far too much drama between co workers. Management cares little about respect within workplace. Working with a younger crowd calls for me issues ie calling in sick etc
Not the greatest Job
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2017
The management talks about some clients and interviewers negatively, it's bad. I didn't enjoy my experience here, they over work us, lack in training and pay is minimum. Tips are great.
Pros
Great Tips
Cons
Lack in confiditenially, long hours and under appreciated
Great Atmosphere
Waxing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 August 2017
I have now been with Allure Body Bar as a waxologist for a year and it has been such a pleasure to be a part of their team! The atmosphere is amazing, smells wonderful, the music is always upbeat, very clean and up to health code standards, which is a key asset for clientele comfort. The bonds I have built with the staff and my clients are fantastic, which makes the day even better.
Pros
Free waxing
Cons
Repetitive motions
Amazing work space and experience!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 August 2017
Everything about Allure Body Bar is amazing. Not only are the products all organic but the environment is very clean and uplifting. My experience working here has been nothing but positive vibes. I highly suggest Allure to anyone who is seeking serious employment. You wont be disappointed. :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allure Body Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9