Allstate Insurance Employee Review

View all Allstate Insurance reviews

Managed three insurance agencies that served over 5,000 policyholders
Agency Principal (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, Fairfield and Livermore8 December 2012
A typical day included meeting with clients in person and on the phone performing policy reviews and cross selling. I focused primarily on financial services products and my staff focused on the auto and homeowner sales. I learned patience and persistence with clients and mastered the art of the follow up! I refuse to lose sales simply because of a failure to follow up and ask for the business. The hardest part of the business was losing clients because of conflict outside my control (claims) that may have been with me for years.
Pros
flexible schedule and unlimited income potential.
Cons
explaining rate increases to people who never had a claim

Other Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Unrealistic expectations, workload too high
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON6 April 2018
I've worked here for about a year and a half and from day one the expectations were ridiculous. With the amount of claims we get the pressures are too much to handle. You are constantly being told what you're doing wrong as opposed to doing right and the environment is very toxic. Managers not agreeing or notifying us on the proper procedures and not notifying us as soon as they change. The employees in all departments pass of work to others by saying "its not my job" instead of handling it professionally and trying to assist those of us that are struggling. The only time we get to do our work is at the end of the day and at that point we already have many complaints as we don't have a breather.
Pros
Flexible shifts, work from home
Cons
Employee environment, heavy workload
mediocre. corporate culture is like an episode of mean girls.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
I find the corporate culture to be very immature and unprofessional. It's like an episode of mean girls. Managers are very pushy, micromanage their staff & constantly create drama and tension that caused friction amongst staff due to their gossiping. How do you sell me on top employer award or why you need insurance in the first place.. tsk tsk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K