Allstate Insurance

Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Canada203 reviews

Found 203 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,002 reviews

Change pay structure

From 45k base to 30k, they up the commission percentage to sounds more enticing. Risk appetite is good for them but not for BDA. They refuse any clients who are new to the country

Just a basic entry level job pays minimum but expects maximum from You. Stay far far away

I am working from past 2 years pay structure changed to 30k per annum unrealistic target which leaves you with no commission basically. Pathetic ! Besides that the service levels are so bad that you need to spend most of your time servicing them like collecting payments, and following with claims. No perks the company expects you to do your own marketing, and prospecting no leads are provided as they have their own team for that. Claw back period changed to 183 days even the recurring commission for 2 year is clawed back. Stay far far away

Productive and fun work environment.

Seems like a great place to work so far. Lots of support you never feel alone. Someone is always there to help you succeed. The staff is really great.

Great management and Environment

Great company to work for, really supportive management and love the option to work from home. Hours vary as phone lines are open from 7am till 11pm. Benefits are great as well

Good Pay l, stressful environment.

You will be compensated very well your first few years but this position does not offer any growth or vertical career movement and you are expected to sell to you friends and family and do not get compensated for them sticking around.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No vertical growth

Very underpaid job for the amount of work

Working as a customer loyalty agent at Allstate is very stressful. The training is not par with what will you be facing in the real field of work. Procedures are not clear and often contradict from one source to another. If you make a mistake by following their wrong procedure then you are going to be blamed. The support team is not very helpful as sometimes they tell you to figure it out on your own. It's a highly stressful job with very little pay and support. As a customer loyalty agent, you must take first notice of loss calls from Ontario, Alberta, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick for auto and home claims. Also, they expect you to work in service and make changes to the policies for their customers. I would not recommend anyone joining Allstate.

Good Pay l, stressful environment.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No vertical growth

Not a good time to join this company

Allstate expects their Customer Loyalty Agents (Call center agents) to make policy changes for customers in ON, NB, NS, AB. Sell policies for the 4 provinces in which Allstate operates, as well as take first notice of loss (claims) calls.Overworked and underpaid is the best term that can be used to describe working at Allstate.A typical day in the life of a Customer Loyalty Agent is miserable, unbearable and you just do the job until a better opportunity comes along.The company processes and procedures are outdated and needs to be updated.As an employee, and seeing the inner workings of this organization, I choose to keep my personal insurance policies with my former provider because I have confidence in that company.

Overwhelming workload, short staff, stressful, minimum training

The job is quite overwhelming. No real formal training is given. Pendings (average number of files per adjuster) is extremely high between 140-180 and workload is not manageable. Short staffed. Lots of people leaving the company in the last 2 years or going on medical/stress leave.

Pros

Paid vacation & personal days, benefits

Cons

Overwhelming workload, highly stressful, poor training, short staffed

Unrealistic expectations,understaffed & makes you feel like a failure

I work in auto claims. Management is respectful. We have regular surveys about management, so this forces managers to be respect and professional at all times. The workload is heavy, we are always understaffed. It takes them months to replace people, by time they do, more people leave. A lot of ppl work overtime. They are also micromanaging more. We have boards that show everyones stats on a weekly basis. Also every month, they want us to identify “goals” and self assess our performance. This affects our bonus. if you assist a coworker, they need to formally send you an email or shout out card for it to count. It affects your bonus. It’s overkill. It feels like you have to beg for credit from your own colleagues. They also make employees engage in projects. For example, we are expected to identify an issue then try to fix it. This involves team meetings and filling our forms. It’s a waste of time and often leads nowhere. If we complain on the surveys about the workload or system issues, we are forced to meet as a team and think of ways to resolve or improve this. The company is going downhill. Allstate forgets people have families and lives outside of the office. We work to pay bills. We should be rated based on our performance for the job we were hired to do. Simple. All this additional “developmental” nonsense takes time away from our actual work. It’s discouraging, a waste of time, and killing employee morale. They just make you feel like a failure with their unrealistic expectations and standards. When taking into account the high stress, constant overtime, -

Na

Not much to mention. It’s a fast paced environment. Achievable targets as long as you are focused. Management is always looking for ways to improve employee experience.

Poor Management

Lack of accountability from management is fairly disappointing. The pay is decent and the training is good, but those are the only redeeming qualities. It is a stressful job with very little help.

Pros

Pay, Benefits

Cons

Micro-Management, Lack of Accountability, Bad Management

Stressful, unreal expectations.

Employee well being is at the bottom of the list. Manangement makes too much money to be anything other than yes men. Un realistic employee expectations, long wait times, terrible claims service and management tella you to do something but can't explain why.

Pros

Met good co-workers.

Cons

Management, expectations, no clear direction, company has taken a major step back

Don't recommend unless you're OK with being Micromanaged for your whole shift

Training was great. One you get on the floor it's a completely different world. They use workforce management, who are on your back all day. The pressure is unreal I'm not sure how they expect their employees to do their jobs properly and efficienctly under this kind of pressure. I now understand why 90 percent of the calls I got were complaints about hold times, agents not getting back to them and overall dissatisfaction. It's not the agents fault, it's management and the way the call centre is run. It was disappointing to say the least.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Micromanagement, the pay is not worth the stress and anxiety.

very competitive, do not provide leads to new employees,

Very stressful atmosphere, would not recommend anyone who is empathetic/honest to work here. I would be very straight forward and inquire about training after initial onboarding.

Extremely competitive

Company jumps the gun on tons of things before ironing out the difficulties, stressful high pressure sales environment. They make you sell for other companies to qualify for bonuses

Pros

Free birthday cake

Cons

Terrible management No training Don’t expect any support High sales expectations

Great salary and benefits, but overwhelming workload

I was with the company for 10 years. I loved going to work for the most part, but during the last 2 years, the workload increased exponentially and the issue was poorly managed by the company, which resulted in many experienced agents to quit or take a leave of absence due to burnout or high stress. Upper management doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency in solving the issues. They're only doing the bare minimum, which is not enough. I really hope they turn this around. I think it's still possible.

Pros

Salary and benefits are above industry average Workplace culture

Cons

Workload not managed efficiently Staff not sufficiently trained or supported

One of the worst jobs I've had

Completely false promises on potential income. After your initial 2-3 months with great support, you're left alone to cold call, follow cold leads and try not to be let go from your position. Unlike most insurance sales positions, you're not encourage to be out in the public, volunteering your time, networking etc, but they would rather you sit in your 5x7 cubicle and cold call until the cows come home. I had insurance experience at another company for 7 years prior to my 10 month stint at Allstate - never liked it. Great co-workers made it worth while going into work, until most of them left the office over a few months time.

Cons

almost everything.

Stressful and poor management

Poor style of management with lots of pressure at the job and hardly any scope for advancement and micro management and no support from the management

Very good staff and pay

I am a Contractor for IT procurement just started in November. Manager is very good and supportive. They care for their employees. I wish I get a chance to be permanent employee of company and gets retired from here.

Run far far away

This is strictly in regards to claims - feel free to filter by claims adjuster reviews to see how horrible this company is. Management does not care - while this is common in most large companies, Allstate is on another level. They know people are slammed with work but because of the pandemic, management tells us we are lucky to be employed and encourage us to work more than 40 hours a week to complete our job. They don't measure (or don't care to I should say) of how busy people are on a day to day basis. They mass fired people in claims "due to the pandemic" but are now hiring just a few months later. DO NOT APPLY HERE IF YOU WANT JOB SECURITY. This company will work you to sickness and if you are too sick to work due to stress, they will just pass your work onto another employee, leaving that person with extreme stress. Management never absorbs any of the stress. Also, they are proud to say they are part of the best employers in Canada - how do they get this might you ask? They tell us if our surveys have any negative feedback - ie. if you write you have too much work - they will make us have team meetings to "solve" these problems amongst ourselves. Aka wasting precious minutes of our days, incentivising people to just write positive things on these surveys to avoid having these meetings. To top it off, the RRSP matching program here is terrible, no parental leave benefits, you pay for a portion of your benefits. Just awful overall.

Pros

Cons

Everything - read above.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement