Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Unrealistic expectations, workload too high
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON6 April 2018
I've worked here for about a year and a half and from day one the expectations were ridiculous. With the amount of claims we get the pressures are too much to handle. You are constantly being told what you're doing wrong as opposed to doing right and the environment is very toxic. Managers not agreeing or notifying us on the proper procedures and not notifying us as soon as they change. The employees in all departments pass of work to others by saying "its not my job" instead of handling it professionally and trying to assist those of us that are struggling. The only time we get to do our work is at the end of the day and at that point we already have many complaints as we don't have a breather.
Pros
Flexible shifts, work from home
Cons
Employee environment, heavy workload
mediocre. corporate culture is like an episode of mean girls.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
I find the corporate culture to be very immature and unprofessional. It's like an episode of mean girls. Managers are very pushy, micromanage their staff & constantly create drama and tension that caused friction amongst staff due to their gossiping. How do you sell me on top employer award or why you need insurance in the first place.. tsk tsk.
Stressful environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC1 April 2018
The work environment is very good, and the employees are helpful when u have some troubles. I think that each work is challenging .
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Stressful
Vendre, vendre et vendre.
Agent d'assurance de dommage des particuliers (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC19 March 2018
Vendre, vendre et vendre à tous pris. faible perspective d'avenir.
Tough work environment
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, Ontario21 February 2018
Worked here for many years in the claims department. It's really really busy. Over the years, the company has grown and staffing has not kept up. This place used to be a fun place to work, now it's become a large claim call centre with little employee engagement. There always seems to be customers waiting on the phone queue as there are not enough people to handle the workload.
Pros
Work at home opportunities
Cons
Call centre environment
Great company
Insurance Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 February 2018
A typical day at work would be logging into the phones at 9am and handling inbound calls. You are required to be on the phone the full time you are in the office with little to no time for personal conversations even during breaks or lunches. They are fantastic with a healthy employee but be warned terrible with mental illness handling.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
terrible mental health balance
fun place to work at
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 February 2018
I do not feel like this is the proper place to leave sort of review. I am uncertain why this is necessary especially on this site. I really like Allstate and refuse to leave any sort of remarks on here. Thank you for understanding.
Allstate experience
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 February 2018
I find the culture to be very immature and unprofessional. From many colleagues we've all said the management in claims to be horrible. They do not care about their employees, the training is unorganized.
Work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Waterloo5 February 2018
Great place to work and diversify your skills as a BDA. Everyday brings a bew challange to meet the requirements and necessities of your clients. Great palce to work.
Pros
Self management
Cons
Micro Managing
old schools tools
I.T. CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON1 February 2018
good company to work with but no professional culture
no department polices and structure
no ITSM or ITEL good practice environment also not profes

Want to know more about Allstate Insurance?

Ask a question
Great Company
Universal Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON30 January 2018
Great company that stresses a work life balance. They want to see everyone succeed and offers monthly coaching to help their employees improve. Work from home, great benefits, and a strong company culture.
See below
Senior Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 January 2018
A typical day at Allstate
- Start with daily status meetings and determine what needs to be accomplished that day.
- Work with stake holders and BA's to develop requirements
- Coding, testing and preparing packages to handed of the the SQA team.
- Projects could range from 1 -2 weeks to several months.

Allstate uses a third party programming package that is only used by Allstate, so learning the language very quickly was challenging but accomplished.

IT Management was always under intense pressure to meet next to impossible deadlines which had a negative effect on the culture and made if difficult to maintain a work/life balance.

The other IT staff all worked well together and for each other was definitely a positive impact on the culture
Pros
There were regular social outings which played a positive on the morale of the staff
Cons
Extremely long hours
About this job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
Great job, great staff. Friendly coworkers who are willing to go out of their way to help you fully understand and grasp what to do. They don't mind you asking questions and actually encourage it.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
The job can get repetitive
Great company
Senior Claim Advisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON17 January 2018
Love work life balance, great benefits. Management is very friendly, but lack management skills. Very relaxed environment and management trusts their people to do their job.
Professional and productive environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, IL16 January 2018
Working in Allstate is fun and professionally satisfying. Work environment is challenging and fun filled which draws best out of an employee. Great co-workers and team provides ample opportunity to grow and progress.
insurance
Section B and Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2017
Everything about this company was great, EXCEPT management. Managers did not support their staff and caused friction amoungst staff due to their gossiping.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Very productive
Certified Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON27 November 2017
I have learned many good things working with a wonderful team. The management is always supportive and helpful. They provide training and reading materials to make sure we are up to date in regards to insurance products.
Pros
bonus
Great for sales motivated people
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Ontario8 November 2017
Allstate is a great company to work for. Amazing Benefits and Salary. You get out of it as much as you put in.
Must be good at cold calling and speaking with many different types of people.
They look after you
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 November 2017
"You're in great hands" is true about this company. Great working condition and staff AND head office is great to deal with. Enjoyed working with a great bunch of people. Very professional company that will treat you well as long as you work hard for them.
Pros
A company that looks after their employees
Cons
Love working for this company
senior adjuster (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2017
I have spent 6 years with this company and would love to end my career with them. Unfortunately they may not have any availability where I am moving, but if I can find anything, I will stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K