Allstate Insurance Employee Reviews

Found 126 reviews matching the search See all 5,998 reviews
Easy going workplace
Agency Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2019
Hired for summer help, gave proper training and helped with any questions along the way.

Depends who you are working with, but overall a great experience.
great
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2019
good compensation, good people to work with, mostly all your needs to be successful are provided for you. always people to help you and yea thats about it
pros
cons
Ethically unethical
Senior Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 January 2019
The major focus has been on avoiding issues and problems rather than addressing them.
Directors and managers invest on speedy delivery of network/server projects at a time that look and feel good to the stake holders on behalf of quality and lack of best practice.
Hence the technical foundation of the business remains shabby and non compliant to most security standards.
Pros
Complex technical work was outsourced
Cons
Negative politics take you down
ok place just not for me
Agency Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 January 2019
I feel allstate can be a great place to work, provided management is on track with equal treatment of all employees. Each office will be different as they are managed by a different manager
Benefits
Cons
Management ethic
Great work Amazing team
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Québec Province14 January 2019
I worked here under contract for a year. The team is amazing and very friendly.

I can't say anything bad about this place.

great staff

amazing boses
Great Place to work
Senior Software Developer Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Belfast, UK6 January 2019
Great Place to work good opportunities for for career development and learning.

Work culture and environment is excellent with excellent managers that care about your development.
Allatate Ins Co,
Universal Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2019
Great workplace culture and awesome management ,the most enjoyable part of my job is to retain clients and achieve success after, learned a lot how to handle complains .
Heading for the worst
Senior Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 January 2019
IT department is filled up with political poison with new management vs employees working for decades.
Directors and managers are non-technical and make critical decisions without consulting the technically knowledgeable.
Lack of emotional intelligence is a major cause of politically charged enviornment which is bad for the health of the employees and the business.
Pros
Reasonable salary package and good benefits.
Cons
Politically charged IT department
Most enjoyable part of the job
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2018
The Insurance environment is forever changing so it made the various roles I worked exciting and interesting. I also loved dealing directly with customers and having the freedom to make my own hours in the sales role.
Nice place to work.
Business Development Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2018
I love working for Allstate. I am very passionate about what I do. My biggest concern was that I wasn't able to see my family as much as I wanted, that's why I have to move forward.
Fun Place to Work
Senior Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON23 September 2018
Allstate is a fun place to work. Work life balance is integrated in the work enviroment. Workforce is on the older side, with lots of years at Allstate.
IT Department is not a great place to work
IT (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 September 2018
Worked in IT for a long time in various roles. In the past three or four years, new senior leadership began who I feel do not value the employees as people. In my opinion, the focus has become to satisfy under resourced productivity commitments made by over ambitious management with little input or even against recommendations made by senior staff. I think Management is trying to implement a high paced sales management style into an IT department. Director level Management have emphasized in staff meetings that staff are coddled babies and how they should be happy they have jobs. As well, when productivity requests from the Business increased, Senior Leadership's response was to hire new Directors and Managers - not staff ( staff are leaving in droves btw). The new management "style" was in stark contrast to former management and this "change" is causing quite a lot of stress for many who work there. I believe it to be a toxic work environment that for the wrong person could definitely impacting one's health.
Pros
Highly intelligent and engaged staff
Cons
Long hours, poor management.
Biiling
Agency Service Advisor-Operations (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 August 2018
Reviewing, analyzing and resolving payment discrepancies within prescribed timelines and ensuring accurate and efficient processing of various Sarview list functions, Cash suspense list functions for automobile and property endorsements for agents and external customers within prescribed timelines and to recognize standards
Monitoring routine data entry for compliance to underwriting guidelines, cash management and Payment Acceptance Guidelines and promptly notifying underwriting or management of any potential rating/risk/cash management discrepancies.
Accurately process payments including Deposits, Stale dated cheques, Stop payments and returns received within prescribed timelines.
Investigate and correct any discrepancies and ensure payment receipts are processed within prescribed timelines.
Pros
Good Place to work
Cons
Contract
Fast pace environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 August 2018
Allstate insurance as a whole is a okay company to work for. In the claims department, the pace is fast. Not a lot of experience on the floor which include management and directors.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no room to grow
Sales Management
Sales /Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2018
Allstate was an amazing company to work for.
I truly enjoyed my overall experience with my management, and coworkers.
the business model changed in 2009 and did create a different work atmosphere.
productive and creative
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON1 August 2018
capturing requirements, understanding business processes, identifying data sources, extracting data, performing data cleansing, validation, transformation, aggregation, visualization and prediction
Pros
work and life balance
Cons
lower salary than market
Good steady place
Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook31 July 2018
It is a great place to be at for a long time. However, it is easy to get lost in the shuffle and there is a ton of busy work that goes on. You can work your heart out on an initiative, and then find out that it was not really on anyone's radar, so it gets dropped, turns everyone into a bit of a zombie after a while. Its sad since the company is full of amazing smart people in middle management that has just gotten tired of trying, but not getting notices, so they stopped trying,
Pros
Very nice people
Cons
You can work hard to get nothing done
Great Company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON26 July 2018
I enjoy working at Allstate. The Leadership teams are willing to listen to our concerns. The CEO has coffee meetings with all levels of employees on a regular basis. All Managers have check-up meeting with the individual team members on a quarterly basis, and also meeting with the Director at least once a year.

We have great work-from-home programs, many people work several days a week at home. Employees are happy at work.

The location of the Markham head office is very convenient, closer to home and close to many amenities and stores (LA Fitness, OrangeTheory, Fit4less, Longo's, Costco, Chapters, Starbucks.....)
The location makes it easier to have a work-life-balance.
Pros
Great work-from-home Program, Happy People at work
Cons
System need to be Updated
Fun, family-oriented culture
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 July 2018
Allstate truly is a great place to work. The culture truly defines the company, from leadership on down. People are friendly, happy, and tend to stay a long time.
Pros
friendly people, open and supportive culture, interesting work
Cons
conservative company and industry, legacy processes and infrastructure
forcing me to do this
Business Development Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor16 July 2018
all good. what else can I say. They have been a staple in the Windsor/Essex community for a long time, and I am sure they will be for years to come.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allstate Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K