Allstaff Inc.

Allstaff Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Its a temp place
Good place to get work. Not a great place to find somewhere permanent. Companies will drop people like flies but not due to the agency but due to wanting cheap labor. All Staff will hook you up though if you need immediately.
Good company to work for
Enjoyed the work, friendly people to work with, recruiting was fast paced and challenging, especially in this economy when everyone who wants to work already is. The best part of the job was finding the right people and getting monthly bonus’ for meeting targets. Targets were achievable. The worst part of the job is when people don’t show up for work after you’ve spent all that time recruiting, screening, orientating them.
I had lots of variety in this job, as we filled job orders for area manufacturing plants, law firms, food processing etc.

We were expected to work both in a team and autonomously.

Management is good to the staff- lots of lunches, and annual Comapny trip.
The worst job I’ve ever had.
I was a recruiter for this company - I was located at the Cambridge satellite office. Firstly, the branch is very poorly managed and the job culture is extremely negative/hostile. There were many times where other staff members along with myself were considering contacting the MOL about the supervisors managing style. She is a complete bully and treats her employees very poorly. I was definitely taken advantage of for the amount I contributed to the company - paid minimum wage and there was no work/life balance. I feel sad for the CEO as she is a really sweet, and genuine woman. She has a deep appreciation for this industry, and it’s upsetting to know that her business she built is being represented in such a poor manner. There is a lot of turnover at this location because people don’t quit bad companies people quit bad managers. I wish this company all the very best in the future regardless of the negative experience I and others have had there.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No Work Life Balance, Long Hours, Minimum Wage, Poor Management
I absolutely love working for AllStaff
The staff are friendly and helpful. I was so worried about finding a good job and now I love my placement. The process was so quick, I was put to work right away!
Pros
Fast interview to working timeline
Worst place to work
I was pulled away from a full time permanent career. Lead to believe this position would lead me into a more fulfilling career. The money was less, but of course I was told it would be less stress, no working after hours and a limited use of a company phone in my hands after hours. This was all lies. After 4 weeks I realized the turnover in this company was crazy, everything the manager did and said were lies. You were thrown under the bus for every down turn and decrease in numbers. At one point we were short staffed and I was doing all 3 jobs, then snapped on because we weren't reaching bonus. The manager then put it on myself as I was the reason when she was on the phone gossiping and giggling with other staff. Too many secrets and a lot of lies. I tried to do my best, working almost 24/7 and managing every aspect I could, but then washed my hands after realizing I was only allowing the manager to sit and do nothing.
My first experience working for a staffing agency, needless to say was not a good one. I'll stick to recruiting for respectable companies that value their employees.
Pros
Great Clients
Cons
Too many
Allstaff is a great employment agency
They were able to find me work fast however not for very long I guess they have worked out for some people though. Their Staff is very nice and always willing to help when you call. A Typical day with this agency varies depending on assignment usually given one or two days prior. My personal assignment was fun got to work outside and work around cars which i like. The only downside to this agency is you have to call them at the end of each work day to report your hours so they know they have them correct.
Pros
Very nice staff
Cons
Not Enough Work
na
Was temp for over 6 mths after being told I would be taken on after 3 months.
Badly run by management on site, felt like an outsider after I did my 3 mths...I needed this job badly so I put up with it. They let me go as I kept asking to be taken on permanently.

Will never work for a temp agency again.
Pros
Cons
lots