Allnorth Consultants Limited Employee Reviews

Lots of work hours during warm months, lay offs during winter months
Materials Technician (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 September 2018
work isnt too demanding, has great onsite leadership. Office management isn't as involved as I would like but the field management makes up for shortcomings. hours are great overall good company just not enough work for winter months
Pros
Plenty of hours, decent pay
Cons
Managment communication
Wonderful company
Materials Technician (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 July 2018
Most of the reviews on here that are bad people who have been fired for various reasons and if I ever have any issues I talk to my boss or some one above they always make time chat and help resolve issues. Example equipment breaking or being worn out gets replaced as soon as possible.
Pros
Busy at the moment able pick up more work at any well compensated for job
Cons
Long hours, some picky clients
Good Company to Work For
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2018
Good Company to Work for. The people here are quite friendly and there is a lot of support across the company through different offices etc............
Pros
Friendly employees
An average consulting firm
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  BC15 May 2018
Field staff are left to fend for themselves often times. Management are not very responsive ie. they don't answer emails unless it directly affects them. Overall they compensate workers fairly well. Management like to promise to fix inefficiencies but rarely take action especially if it means spending money on equipment or training. A typical consulting firm.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Field staff treated poorly
Allnorth Engineering Technologist Review
Civil Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 January 2018
Echo some of the previous comments; Was not doing what was necessarily told will be doing. Day to Day work extremely various. You are expected to do anything and know everything. Expected to work as much as company needs and if it requires 21 consecutive 13 hours days in remote locations then so be it. Everyone within the company is good people the problem is the general fit that is seen in regards to an engineering technologist I would not say is favorable for that Technologist. Scope of of work only available within Construction Season where extreme hours are necessary, after that you find yourself surveying all winter long everywhere but Grande Prairie for a good 6 months.
Great place to work, learn, and meet new people
Survey Assistance/ Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC30 May 2017
At Allnorth it felt less like a job and more like a setting where people would get together and generally accomplish things while still being extremely helpful and cooperative. I would highly recommend working at such a fantastic company.
Productive workplace with excellent management.
Material Technician (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC2 February 2017
A typical day at work began around 7AM and lasted about 8 hours depending on workload and urgency of tasks. I learned a lot about various construction materials and the uses thereof. A days work usually consisted of going out to local gravel pits in the morning to retrieve samples of their respective product and running laboratory tests on the samples to determine composition. Other work that varied daily included testing imported concrete samples from various local building projects and logging and storing any new samples that arrived that day. After testing, all results needed to be logged in their appropriate data/graph sheets using Microsoft Excel. Occasionally, new sheets needed to be made. The work atmosphere is excellent, with friendly co-workers and excellent management.
Pros
occasional early days work depending, excellent benefits.
Cons
occasional long hours and weekend work dependent on workload.
The job is great, but not a career for me.
Material Technician (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC21 September 2015
My job has been pretty good, I have met some amazing people and places along the way. As a field tech most of my work has been in camp and I had to carried quite a bit of responsibly with clients to achieve our goals in construction. Unfortunately I feel that there is a lack of communication and support from the office when it is needed the most. Also due to not having any kind of engineering degree, I am unable to move up with the company.
Pros
people and places I have seen along the way.
Cons
Time away from home, politics, lack of communication
I worked in the mining division of Allnorth, which was new to me.
Piping designer/drafter (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 February 2015
Working at Allnorth was a great experience after having been out of the piping design field for over twenty years.
I worked directly with the senior piping designer. I was given P & ID's to draw up, then given the responsibility to design and draft the orthographic piping drawings producing the plans and elevations.
It was a great environment to work in. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
Not as advertised -
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver13 February 2015
Very disappointeed with my experience at Allnorth. Company messaging completely false. The job was not as described and the staff were extremely unsupportive. The worst company I have ever worked for. Don't waste your time.
Enjoyable
Junior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS3 January 2014
Good crew to work with. Wasn't exactly doing what I was told I would be doing but it was a good learning experience nonetheless.
Pros
Something new everyday
Cons
Tasks were different than what was outlined in job description
Land Survey Company
Field Technician Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, Nova Scotia10 October 2013
Good place to work. Good interaction with co workers. The hardest part of the job was cutting with a chain saw.
Productive, not fun to work and office politics is not good.
Civil/ bridge engineer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, Ab1 December 2012
Productive company, not really fun to work with. Office politics is bad, PEng's in this company they're untouchable, even surveyors think they're better than engineers. I'm glad I'm out of there.

Not much variety of work only steel bridges around 98% of work.
Pros
pay was good with per diem on field jobs, good health benefits, always busy
Cons
long hours, office politics, to much gossiping, senior employees thinks they're better than experienced new employees.
Productive, but the office is too small.
Structural/Bridge/Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 June 2012
- Too much politics
- Work and life isnt balance.
- Work Overload
- Good place for workaholics.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
long hours out in the field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allnorth Consultants Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

Allnorth Consultants Limited Reviews by Location