Allianz Employee Reviews

Found 35 reviews matching the search See all 1,361 reviews
Not a good company at all
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, on21 January 2019
This company moved to Cambridge and 300 employees in Toronto lost their jobs. I was not even given an option to relocate with 20 years of experience
Not fair for someone closer to 55 .
My advise: in current market as an employee, always be prepared to switch jobs .
Typical Toxic Call Center
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 November 2018
Anyone with an ounce of self respect and dignity doesn't last here. Managers belittle, spread rumours and sleep with employees. Everyone from managers, team leaders and trainers are unprofessional, two faced and wouldnt last at any other job. If you have an education and/or a solid work history stay far away from here.
Pros
Cons
Toxic Environment
Where are we going?
Upper Management (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON1 October 2018
Company had good direction. All of it's senior leadership have left, or were told to leave. PM's continuously resigning. As of late, doesn't seem like the left hand even knows it has a right hand counterpart! The BU is being run into the ground!!! Used to be a great CANADIAN company- now being run by European that have no idea.
Pros
Some really great leadership
Cons
Lack of communication amongst those running the BU
open space très agréable et peu de téléphone
Gestionnaire technique IARD (Former Employee) –  Bordeaux (33)17 September 2018
la régularisation annuelles des primes sur de très grandes enseignes
Pros
Comité d'entreprise très généreux
Cons
toujours en restructuration
This is an error on Indeed website - worked for Allianz Canada
Senior Liability Examiner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2018
Was OK, nothing memorable of the work environment. Indeed is requesting I comment on a company that was OK. I worked at Allianz Canada not Australia..
great worklife balance
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
Excellent work culture and good prospects to grow in the insurance industry Good work like balance. Overall good benefits for staff. Good place to join and gain excellent technical knowledge
Horrible Place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2018
As a Case Manager you are asked to do many things at once with very little support from management. Managers communicate with you through email and you no support. The phone volumes are very heavy are you are expected to multi tasks .... I would not recommend this place ... they
Pros
wages
Cons
Long hours. little support
Expérience du monde de l'assurance et de la finance
Gestionnaire de patrimoine (Former Employee) –  Saint-Étienne (42)23 January 2018
Expérience intéressante qui permet de voir les différences notoire entre le réseau d'agence et le réseau salarié.
L'entreprise met de beau moyen à la disposition de ses salariés.
En revanche, il est parfois difficile de progresser si votre responsable ne vous encourage pas...
L'aspect négatif de cette expérience est de voir à quel point l'entreprise vous pompe et exploite votre réseau de contact personnel.
Pros
Avantage sociaux, voiture...
Cons
Démarchage des contacts personnels
Very badly managed department
RN case manager (Former Employee) –  Case management10 January 2018
Very poor management. Processes change from week to week. You get notified via email one of hundred you will receive in a day. There is no recognition for hard work. If you don’t follow there way they will railroad you right out the door.
Save your resume to send to s place that will appreciate you.
Pros
Most of RNs know what they are doing others not so much
Cons
Very badly managed
Productive and fun place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Delhi, ON29 December 2017
The company is a world wide giant. It is. Super place to work if interested in insurance. The company has many channel partners such a citibank. Great please to work.
Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2017
The HR personnel who’s responsible for hiring reached out to me in order to conduct a telephone interview. I confirmed the date and time I was available and the recruiter confirmed the interview time. She flakes out and didn’t call me, she then requested to set up another telephone interview time. She flakes out yet again and didn’t call me. Very unprofessional and reflects poorly on the company!
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional upper management
Excellent Internship and tutors!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Verona, ON14 September 2017
Pros

Great office culture, good support by team members and great learning experience.

Cons

Location outside of city center but good building facilities. Big group, red tape could prove hard to deal with sometimes
it was a fun and professional environment to work in
Emergency assistance call cemter (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 August 2017
My typical day at work started out by checking emails and catching up on the events of the day with my peers and managers then answer emergency calls form clients looking for help with a variety of different concerns re-guarding insurance both group and purchased plans.
Pros
Friendly people to work for and with
Cons
nothing i can think of
Not quite where I needed to be
TD Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 April 2017
Initially indicated there would be daytime exclusivity and required shift work with late evenings with people that had young children.

Wouldn't suggest this company for parents.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Confrontational Management
Excellent job culture and environment
Claims Inquiry Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Great place to work. Management listens to employees and genuinely cares about the service they provide. Great location and working conditions. Highly recommended
Productive Workplace with noted downsides
Emergency Assistance (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 April 2017
Got fired for being sick--with documentation. Given my walking papers, not allowed to go pick up any of my stuff, then escorted out the other side of the building from where employees park. I had to walk around the entire building in the rain, in early April.
Pros
Occasional free food, friendly TLs, Lots of support and training, good training incentives/tuition reimbursement
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance, ever-changing schedule, will not observe religious days of rest, difficult to get time off work for holidays
Great Place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON27 March 2017
Allianz is a worldwide employer with a great workplace environment.

Pros
Mission-driven organization making a positive impact on a massive scale
Amazing co-workers
Smart, agile leadership
Mediocre benefits
Human-centric workplace
Career opportunities; global reach

Cons
Could help to invest in an improved communications infrastructure
Decent Place to start, but don't count on a longterm position here unless your of management level!
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 March 2017
In all fairness It's not a bad place to work!

Management/Team Leaders in certain departments such as customer service and sales department really needs to work with their employees instead of against them.

Human Resources not approachable, even when they tell you they are.

Pay wise....
when you've been there almost 9 years and your salary has only gone up +$4 that's sad and that's why people leave.

There's no loyalty in this company even to such an employee as myself tenured of approaching 10 years
they are quick to pay you OUT with a severance payout
to cover their butts but that's all!
Pros
Fortune 500 company/always new clients and OT
Cons
shift work/Low pay
"Cut throat company"
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
There is absolutely no job security in this company. Management is not supportive in your needs unless you are a tenured agent. The money is good but there is no guidance. The training is not up to par and you're "thrown" into the position without proper training to do the very complex job.
Productive and Fun place to work in
Front line assistance associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON14 February 2017
I worked for Allianz Global Assistance 7 years, I loved the time and the people I worked with. I decided to upgrade my academic skills and went back to school, I am currently looking forward to work for Allianz Global Assistance again.
Pros
Salary, stability, benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz. Our community is ready to answer.