Allianz Global Assistance Employee Review

View all Allianz Global Assistance reviews

Poor managed company, poorly paid, good benefits, many very lovely people
RN case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 April 2014
12hr shifts vary in start times. Not everyone is required to work nights, which then requires other people to work extra nights. The process are inefficient, which is the most difficult part of the job. the inefficiency creates unnecessary additional work, no additional staff and at least 30% increase in work volume. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am making a difference in someone's life and many of the people I work with are simply lovely!
Cons
long hours, $15000/yr drop in pay compared with hosp nursing

Other Allianz Global Assistance Employee Reviews

It's alright for what it is.
Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 July 2019
A typical day would be to clock in at your computer and work on your assigned task for the day. Sometimes you'd have to ask for help with your assigned task as you're are unfamiliar with the process as there was little emphasis on it in training or you haven't completed the process in awhile so are not familiar with it. Other than that you complete your assigned task for the day and move on to another task if the first assigned task is done for the day. Management has it good points and bad points. Good points is they're always helpful if you don't know the process and are very flexible with the schedule. Bad points they tend to be isolated and not very friendly/social, a feeling of holier than thou kinda feeling. The company is in the midst of having a poor result in their previous financial year (after being told in training that they're growing) so it's in the midst of changes and restructuring their company. The hardest part of the job was understanding the processes as they seem a little unnecessary and redundant. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hours and the co-workers who make the day enjoyable however, I was stuck in a cultural dead zone at my workplace. Although my job was only contractual and seeing the writing on the wall of a poor financial year I wasn't surprised that I was one of 3 out of 6 new hires in January this year to not be kept. The frustrating part is that 2 positions that are more aligned to field of study in post secondary were available during the second and fourth month of my 6 month contract. I couldn't apply to either one of them as it  more... was stipulated in my contract which is understandable but the second posting of that job was a contract position. It doesn't make sense why they weren't able to void my original contract and allow me to sign a new contract which is something that is common occurrence in the business world but that's the way they work so who am I to argue.

It's a good company and has some solid people that work there but it's essentially an administrative mill for the insurance companies in the area.
Pros
Good co-workers, friendly atmosphere, and helpful co-workers
Cons
No opportunities for advancement, contractual work, and somewhat poor training
I would give ZERO stars if I could!!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 July 2019
Allianz employees are very much seen as disposable. You will be expected to stay over time, and forced to work weekends during their busy seasons; and then possibly let go when they’re less busy despite being contract or permanent! Allianz employees GIVE, GIVE, DO, and DO more and the company does not recognize how hard we work. At Allianz there is NO room to grow and raises are a joke. Depending on your position you will have to work rotating shifts and that includes working night shift... Upper management (One in particular) is a complete joke, I’ve known of multiple coworkers confide and speak with this manager over controversy going on in the workplace and this manager instead of dealing with it or reassuring us employees... he fires them! Majority of my co workers I worked with are phenomenal and helped out when you needed, some senior staff that have been with Allianz for years are just stuck up snobs and when you need the help they look at you like you have 10 heads!! I would say the ONLY pro would to have “work place" experience on your resume, but it stops there. Staying there is a terrible idea, I mean... upper management will most likely fire you because they don’t have the sufficient amount of money to keep employees after busy season is over, OR if management doesn’t like you, they won’t talk it over with you.... they fire you.
Pros
My co workers
Cons
The company itself, management, management, rotating shifts, no room for growth... oh did I mention upper management ?!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz Global Assistance. Our community is ready to answer.

Allianz Global Assistance Reviews by Location