Allianz Global Assistance Employee Review

View all Allianz Global Assistance reviews

Only keeps employees under the age of 40
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 May 2019
Was brought on as a 4 month contract position with 7 other employees. As the contract period came to an end we were told that there was no money to continue the contract. Only the 3 married women over 40 were told this. The other 4 employees were offered extended contracts. One of the other employees was the manager's sister.
Not a good work/life balance as they do not support you if you have family outside of the work place. They only kept the employees who never had time off for family obligations. One of the kept employees missed as many days as the older employee but was offered an extended contract.
13 June 2019

We appreciate being given the opportunity to respond to these serious allegations. Our organization makes decisions about continued employment based on performance and business need. The concerns you have raised are fundamentally at odds with who we are as an organization. Our workforce diversity and inclusiveness are attributes we are very proud of. That said, we take comments such as these seriously, and so, we encourage you to reach out to a member of our Human Resources team to privately discuss your concerns further.

Other Allianz Global Assistance Employee Reviews

Thank you.....NEXT
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener20 June 2019
On the positive side, I have learned a lot about working in a constant state of crisis.

The company has gone through a lot of change, including staff, leaders, and system changes and it feels a bit overwhelming how long true integration has taken (4 years and counting???).

Leadership at the top has made some terrible decisions, eliminating legacy knowledge, pushing people to seek work elsewhere, and keeping people who add no value to the organization or its staff.

Leadership (primarily in HR) at this company is completely unethical: favouritism, lack of leadership skills, disregard for the continued success of the company, derogatory and discriminatory language that goes ignored, and an overall disregard for the people who support the "strategy" (which should be "keep our head above water").

The list can go on, but the short version is: this is not an opportunity to grow your career. Work anywhere else and you will learn to grow in an environment that is structurally stable, has a clear vision and strategy, and can make adequate decisions at the Executive level that have a positive impact on both the business and the people who support it.
25 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Although your experience with us isn’t what we would hope for, your comments have been shared with the Executive team. We wish you all the best in your career.

Great Place
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 May 2019
Though I was not employed, I enjoyed being a student employee. Everyone there was wonderful and hard working. It was a wonderful experience that I will carry with me always.
13 June 2019

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience working with us. Our Coop students form an important part of our workforce and we’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Good luck with your studies!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz Global Assistance. Our community is ready to answer.

Allianz Global Assistance Reviews by Location