Allianz Global Assistance Employee Reviews for Claims Examiner

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Horrible workplace. All they care about are the numbers.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 February 2019
The most negative place I’ve ever worked in. You never receive any positive feedback. Everything you do is tracked and monitored closely. Breaks and lunch times are monitored. You must take two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, or else! The supervisor I had was the worst I ever had. Not personable at all and never smiled. Always had his poker face on. Work hours are set. There is no flexibility in the work hours. There is no work/life balance here. It’s all work. Good luck getting a Friday off and vacation time is bid on. The workplace is cold and there are bugs. Ants and cockroaches were seen numerous times. The place is dirty and rarely gets vacuumed. The only positive thing I can say about it is that there’s free Starbucks coffee and my coworkers were great!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Official response from Allianz Global Assistance
13 June 2019

The concerns you have profiled are unacceptable and do not align at all with the values of our organization. We expect every associate, including and especially every leader, to treat everyone they deal with, with kindness and respect. How we treat people is more important than what we accomplish and setting this tone at the top is a fundamental requirement of being a leader. We continue to provide feedback to our leaders on their day to day interactions with their associates, and your comments are a reminder that we may still have work to do.

As for maintaining a healthy working environment, we partner with a cleaning service who is on-site during each work day to ensure our environment is kept tidy and is comfortable for our associates.

We appreciate all of your feedback.

Friendly, cohesive environment to work.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
A typical day at work looked like, going in to the office, check voicemails/emails; respond to urgent matters from internal and external stakeholders as soon as possible followed by checking daily reports prior to beginning the days work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Irate customers