Allianz Global Assistance Employee Reviews for Case Manager

I would give ZERO stars if I could!!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 July 2019
Allianz employees are very much seen as disposable. You will be expected to stay over time, and forced to work weekends during their busy seasons; and then possibly let go when they’re less busy despite being contract or permanent! Allianz employees GIVE, GIVE, DO, and DO more and the company does not recognize how hard we work. At Allianz there is NO room to grow and raises are a joke. Depending on your position you will have to work rotating shifts and that includes working night shift... Upper management (One in particular) is a complete joke, I’ve known of multiple coworkers confide and speak with this manager over controversy going on in the workplace and this manager instead of dealing with it or reassuring us employees... he fires them! Majority of my co workers I worked with are phenomenal and helped out when you needed, some senior staff that have been with Allianz for years are just stuck up snobs and when you need the help they look at you like you have 10 heads!! I would say the ONLY pro would to have “work place" experience on your resume, but it stops there. Staying there is a terrible idea, I mean... upper management will most likely fire you because they don’t have the sufficient amount of money to keep employees after busy season is over, OR if management doesn’t like you, they won’t talk it over with you.... they fire you.
Pros
My co workers
Cons
The company itself, management, management, rotating shifts, no room for growth... oh did I mention upper management ?!
Under staffed and under paid but expected to work overtime constantly. Always changing processes and trained for them by sending out emails you have r
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 April 2019
They build a new facility that they can't afford (that is sitting empty) and then take away our incentives for raises. Then they give everyone 2 extra days vacation to use instead but you have to literally beg to take any time off.
ALWAYS understaffed and surprised when everyone is too fed up to do overtime.
Pros
Free parking and a timmies close by
Official response from Allianz Global Assistance
13 June 2019

2018 was a challenging year for our company and there were difficult but necessary decisions taken. Despite the challenges of last year, we are excited about the future. We have a new facility, allowing us to bring our associates from many offices together, along with a fully committed and engaged Executive Team who has the employee experience top of mind in all we do. We hope you will see the progress we’re making and continue with us along our journey.

They dont care about the clients
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 March 2019
Very large work load and a very understaffed and stressful environment.

We have tried to change things and work with upper management but are told it is us and not the work load even though they are thousands of cases behind.

Fast turn around in employees because of the environment the managment in Germany has created.

You will spend your days being yell at and begged for help from the clients.

You will not be managing cases as this is a task based process not a case managment job.
Pros
Experience to find a better job
Official response from Allianz Global Assistance
13 June 2019

By the very nature of the business we’re in, helping travelers when they experience an emergency, we do operate in a fast-paced environment. During peak travel times, there is a higher volume of work and we do staff accordingly in order to meet those needs.

We understand this time of year can be stressful for our associates and we appreciate the support and comfort they provide to our customers, who are also stressed when faced with an emergency while travelling.

We continue to work hard to refine our processes and enrich our jobs, to ensure the best service delivery for our clients and the best experience for our associates.

Your feedback has been passed onto Leadership. Thank you for your comments.

Horrible environment
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 September 2018
The only good thing about this place is the people you work with.

It is under staffed. They buy other company's and fire the staff and don't replace them.

You will be berated and begged for help by customers all day, as they do not have the staff to help the customer base they do have and they keep expanding.

It is not a case managment job it is a task managment.
So a customer can have a dieing loved one somewhere in the world and there could be a months worth of medical info in the case and you will handle a call for it. Not one person knows what is going on in a single case.

The employees have tried to beg upper managment for help and we have been told we need to work harder that we are fully staffed with an under 60% service ratio for complex medical emergency cases.

This company is the prime example of big corporate cornering a market and making the public suffer in the name of profits.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
The pay. Under average and rotatimg 24/7 work environment