Allianz Global Assistance

Canada93 reviews

Insights into Allianz Global Assistance

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Overall, it’s good. Supportive management, benefits from Day 1

It’s a good company to start your career, Management is so supportive, a lot of overtime, Good Pay, Sometimes you get hard time with customers, but overall it’s a good company

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Repititive work

N/a

I don’t recommend this company to anyone because hard work is not rewarded or appreciated by the senior management. And your workload is increased constantly.

Benefits

Cons

Work load

Not a pleasant place to work

Supervisor zero management/people's skills. Rude and disrespectful to the point where most of people quit. Minimum wage pay for a of stressful job. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Cons

Rude and unkind supervisors

Huge work load

Super busy and fast paced position. Management was terrible and tended to reward the laziest people instead of the people who worked hard. Benefits were great and pay was decent

An excellent place to grow

Allianz (now based in Cambridge, ON) is an excellent place to work where the training is excellent, the support is excellent, and I knew great people.

Pros

Excellent training

Cons

Its new location aint great for public transit

Productive and fun

This was my best job ever. Everyday my duty as a medical assistant for patients world wide, insurance administrators gave me a sense of being needed and my job meant something. It was a very important and serious position I was in. Without my assistance, patients world wide would not be able to receive medic assistance, which could save their lives... this gives me a sense of accomplishment Please hire me back

Pros

Weekly treats

Great workplace

Great workplace environment but they mixed personal and work related situations sometimes.Supervisors and managers are cool.I really appreciated working with AGA

Allianz merger was really poorly handled.

Once we separated from The Cooperator and joined Allianz, we lost our real values as a company and entered into a lie.Competing priorities, poorly managed cross training is just the tip of the iceberg.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Top management is struggling to steer the ship

It's all about numbers

In the departments I was involved with, you are treated like a number and expected to meet your numbers.Management bullies it's staff and does not know how to effectively lead people - some members of management play their direct reports against each other. Several staff fear going to work and start their day crying or being sick to their stomachs. There are limited (if any) resources made available and good luck trying to have a healthy discussion with your leader about it. Allianz used to be a great place to work. The current leadership, in some departments, has ruined that .

Pros

Sometimes lunch was provided, when still working in the office

Cons

No work life balance

Low pay

As a person fully trained in both medical and technical claim calls you are paid the same as a person who is only trained in one facet of claims, meaning you take twice the amount of calls as they do but get paid the same. Even worse as a bilingual agent.

Pros

You’d get Swiss Chalet about once a month

Cons

Working every holiday/weekend

Great Place to work

I really enjoyed working at Allianz Global Assistance. They made it fun and challenging at time which I liked. I thought the people were great to work with, I have met a lot of nice people there.

Pros

Great People

Cons

Covid made me lose my job :(

23 February 2021
Thank you for reaching out to share your experience. We agree that our colleagues are some of the best!We wish you well in the next steps of your career.

Always had support when needed

Great Company, good management. You can always change your hours with the other folks. Overtime pay (anything past 37.5Hrs is considered x1.5) Bonus: Always Starbucks Coffee grinds at the cafeteria for DELICIOUS and free coffee everyday

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Managment, Team/ Support

Cons

Stressful

26 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are incredibly proud to hear that you felt supported by your leaders as this is critically important to us as part of the overall employee experience. We wish you all the best in the next steps of your career.

Not enough pay, constant pushing

Always being pushed to produce more and targets are barely obtainable by the average person. Claims is always understaffed and overworked. Good employees have to pick up the slack of everyone else.

12 January 2021
Thank you for reaching out. We wish you all the best in your career.

Innovative mandates and ideals but extremely bad handling by management

Great learning experience but if you're not quick to pick up on things, you will never succeed. The core ideology is positive but it is so poorly managed (and micromanaged) that it's impossible to actually meet standards. Every single thing you do is dissected by multiple people & departments - leadership is very confusing, as each supervisor tells you conflicting information. Eployees are required to abide by the strictest rules (including attendance!) and when mistakes are made, rarely do you walk away with a clear or consice answer...most often, you're left feeling stupid for having asked your question. It's definitely a sink or swim environment and if you sink, the water is full of sharks.

Pros

Decent pay, working remotely and a ton of information to learn

Cons

Leadership, all levels of management, no camaraderie major favoritism

12 January 2021
We appreciate hearing from you but are disappointed that your experience didn't meet the expectations we have for what an employee's experience should be with us. Attendance is of critical importance in a contact centre setting because our clients depend on us to be there when they need us. We wish you the very best in your career.

Supervisors are very rude and non cooperative.

There is lots of internal politics. Supervisors are mean. Very bad place to work. No job security. Whenever, they like terminates your job. Really strict on formal clothes when no client is allowed inside the building. If you make a mistake no verbal warning supervisor send you the final written notice and next day your chair is empty.

Pros

N/a

Cons

No fixed schedule

2 November 2020
We're sorry to read of your experience with us. The working environment you describe is not what we strive to create. Our casual dress code policy looks to support a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere for our associates, whether that be in the office or in a remote work setting, where many of our associates are working from today. It's incredibly difficult to respond to personal concerns in a public forum, so if you feel you'd like to discuss further, you are encouraged to contact a member of the Human Resources team.

toxic place to work

Toxic work place and terrible management teams. The company is completely disorganized and in complete state of panic at all times due to terrible service models and over stretching their reach and abilities. The company fosters a culture of work as many hours as possible with no over time in order to keep up with the overload of work.

Pros

fast paced but supportive environment.

Great leadership. They give you the tools to succeed. they support and coach you each step of the way. If you try they will work with you. This will not be for everyone but if you want to learn and enjoy customer service it will be a great fit.

Pros

leadership team

9 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're pleased to read that you experienced strong leadership and felt the support your Managers provided was effective. We wish you all the best in the next step in your career.

Great if permanent, not so great if on contract

It seems like this company hires mainly contract workers to work for 6 months, then while they are on their contract they need to train the new group who will be replacing them. This is terrible company culture and leads to a very high turn over rate. It's very difficult to switch between departments, especially if you're on contract.

Pros

Nice office facility, air controlled, free coffee, allowed to drink and eat at desk, little team parties

Cons

No job security, messy training, high turnover rate, mainly contract work which means no benefits.

3 July 2020
Thank you for sharing. While we do hire seasonal staff to assist in our busy travel period, over 85% of our employees are permanent. During the hiring and on-boarding processes, candidates applying for a contract position are advised at multiple checkpoints during the process that role is temporary in nature. We're pleased to read that you appreciated our office environment and we wish you all the best in your career.

Enjoyable Experience

I enjoyed working at Allianz, but that's not to say that there weren't any drawbacks. It's a stressful job due to the nature of the work and the pressure to work as fast as you can while still following all of the procedures. The working environment was relaxed and there were lots of employee events such as easter egg hunts, treat days (where they would bring in sweets), and potlucks. The office had free coffee and tea available for all employees. During the busier seasons, optional overtime is always offered.

Pros

Employee Benefits, Relaxed Environment

Cons

Fast Paced Work.

22 June 2020
Thank you for your review! You're right in saying that working in a busy contact centre can be stressful. It takes a special skill set and certainly isn't a fit for everyone. We're happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us as well as the shout out about the little things in our work environment that makes a positive difference. Wishing you all the best in your next opportunity!

Not recommended

Allianz, the Multinational firm purchased Travel Insurance Company, which was a successful, promising, profitable travel insurance company in 2016, I believe. Why the Office in Toronto was closed, and around 200 well trained staff members, who knows the business from A to Z were asked to go home????

23 June 2020
Thank you for sharing. While many of our associates are currently working remotely, our Toronto office is open. And soon, hundreds of our employees will settle into a brand new facility in Cambridge.

NDA required upon being laid off

I am unable to comment on my experience working for Allianz due to the NDA I was required to sign when I was laid off. As such I will refrain from commenting.

15 June 2020
Thank you for reaching out. We wish you the very best in your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz Global Assistance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9