Allianz Global Assistance Employee Reviews

Toxic Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 May 2019
If you’re ok being paid decent but treated extremely poorly this is the job for you, also you will not go anywhere in the company unless you are a smoker so you can stand outside all day and gossip about people
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Forced OT, constant layoffs, constant overturn with management. No one ever seems to know what’s going on.
Only keeps employees under the age of 40
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 May 2019
Was brought on as a 4 month contract position with 7 other employees. As the contract period came to an end we were told that there was no money to continue the contract. Only the 3 married women over 40 were told this. The other 4 employees were offered extended contracts. One of the other employees was the manager's sister.
Not a good work/life balance as they do not support you if you have family outside of the work place. They only kept the employees who never had time off for family obligations. One of the kept employees missed as many days as the older employee but was offered an extended contract.
Horrible management, disappointing work culture, zero room for growth , inappropriate favouritism
Emergency Assistant Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 April 2019
Guilted into overtime, unwelcoming behaviour by management(inappropriate attitude) Unbalanced work place culture/no direction of guidelines. Not a place for growth in any sense.
Great People, poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 April 2019
There are a lot of great people here, but unfortunately this is overshadowed by the horrible senior management and corporate politics. They have no strategy and constantly change their minds. As a whole this company has been going downhill for a while and it's not getting better any time soon.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Poor management, long hours, poor pay, no respect, treated like cattle
Under staffed and under paid but expected to work overtime constantly. Always changing processes and trained for them by sending out emails you have r
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 April 2019
They build a new facility that they can't afford (that is sitting empty) and then take away our incentives for raises. Then they give everyone 2 extra days vacation to use instead but you have to literally beg to take any time off.
ALWAYS understaffed and surprised when everyone is too fed up to do overtime.
Pros
Free parking and a timmies close by
Drama/Employees are disposible
Verification of Coverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 March 2019
Complaints about supervisors or management lead to termination. Pay is not adequate for the mental stress or job requirements. Training provided. Data Entry. Client service.
Pros
People you meet, get experience
Cons
Management/Supervisors
They dont care about the clients
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 March 2019
Very large work load and a very understaffed and stressful environment.

We have tried to change things and work with upper management but are told it is us and not the work load even though they are thousands of cases behind.

Fast turn around in employees because of the environment the managment in Germany has created.

You will spend your days being yell at and begged for help from the clients.

You will not be managing cases as this is a task based process not a case managment job.
Pros
Experience to find a better job
Cons
Horrible workplace. All they care about are the numbers.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 February 2019
The most negative place I’ve ever worked in. You never receive any positive feedback. Everything you do is tracked and monitored closely. Breaks and lunch times are monitored. You must take two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, or else! The supervisor I had was the worst I ever had. Not personable at all and never smiled. Always had his poker face on. Work hours are set. There is no flexibility in the work hours. There is no work/life balance here. It’s all work. Good luck getting a Friday off and vacation time is bid on. The workplace is cold and there are bugs. Ants and cockroaches were seen numerous times. The place is dirty and rarely gets vacuumed. The only positive thing I can say about it is that there’s free Starbucks coffee and my coworkers were great!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Dedicated to Helping People
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 October 2018
I was first introduced to the company by a referral from a current employee who told me about an open job position that I was qualified for.

What attracted me to this company was its mandate to help Canadian travellers if they were ever in an emergency while overseas or in the US. As an avid traveller myself, this resonated with me.

In my department, there is a great deal of collaboration and teamwork, and I enjoy working with other like-minded professionals who care about customers and their experience.

Management is supportive of new ideas and help pave the way for you to introduce your idea and help it gain broader acceptance right through to implementation and measurement. I can also see that senior management is working hard to action feedback from the employee survey and have introduced more opportunities to meet with them face-to-face at Breakfasts and during Leader calls. They've also improved how they run Town Halls to provide more strategic company information to all levels of the company.

The most enjoyable aspects of working at Allianz Global Assistance are the great supportive colleagues to work with every day, flexibility to work from home on occasion or as needed, WorkWell initiatives that encourage work/life balance, opportunities to volunteer with charitable events such as Dreams Take Flight and SickKids Heatwave Soccer, and access to senior leadership. Overall - it's a great place to learn and grow and contribute!
Pros
Caring colleagues, Great Benefits, Thriving pension plan, Being part of a global organization, Great work is recognized by management and peers.
Cons
Competing priorities resulting in trying to address too many things at once.
Transformational Times - Good People
Management (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON15 October 2018
Allianz Global Assistance is going through a transformation. There is a lot of change happening in the organization and it can be tough for people. It's also exciting to see the positive outcomes of what the transformation is going to result in - for our customers and employees.

For one, there are a lot of really great people to work with. As the company has grown, I have built amazing friendships and a strong network and gotten to work with some great people. Also, since Allianz is a global company, I've had the chance to work on interesting projects. I've also had the chance to work from home more often as Allianz expands its work from home capabilities.

The pay at Allianz is reasonable. The bonus, benefits and retirement program are very good. There are special theme days here and there that makes the work day fun.
Pros
Benefits, Retirement Program, Exposure to a global company, Work from home
Cons
Stressful environment that is fast-paced. Decision-making at senior levels is slow.
Horrible environment
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 September 2018
The only good thing about this place is the people you work with.

It is under staffed. They buy other company's and fire the staff and don't replace them.

You will be berated and begged for help by customers all day, as they do not have the staff to help the customer base they do have and they keep expanding.

It is not a case managment job it is a task managment.
So a customer can have a dieing loved one somewhere in the world and there could be a months worth of medical info in the case and you will handle a call for it. Not one person knows what is going on in a single case.

The employees have tried to beg upper managment for help and we have been told we need to work harder that we are fully staffed with an under 60% service ratio for complex medical emergency cases.

This company is the prime example of big corporate cornering a market and making the public suffer in the name of profits.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
The pay. Under average and rotatimg 24/7 work environment
Growing Company
Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2018
Allianz has been around for years, however they are constantly growing but NOT adapting or ready for the change. There is a lot of management that throws their weight around to intimidate staff however this is not productive nor receptive. Unfortunately, a lot of office politics and no forgiveness if staff make an error, which isn't a healthy environment.
Pros
Great staff and peers
Cons
Upper Mgmt
Friendly, cohesive environment to work.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
A typical day at work looked like, going in to the office, check voicemails/emails; respond to urgent matters from internal and external stakeholders as soon as possible followed by checking daily reports prior to beginning the days work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Irate customers
Changes
Claims (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2018
There have been many ongoing changes T this company and the management has not been good. I watched things fal apart at the seams. It’s unfortunate there was a lot of talent but doesn’t seem like it’s appreciated. Not a good culture.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Bilingual Emergency Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing after a hard days work that I made a difference in someone`s life and that they are happy because of it.
Pros
Great team
Cons
working late
Productive and positive work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 October 2015
- Friendly work environment
- Call center environment
- Assisted those traveling and needing medical treatment or advise
- provided referrals to both hospitals and clinics all around the world
- hardest part of the job was the long hours (Overtime, night shifts, stressful calls)
- I have a passion for helping people, and enjoyed working with both my colleagues and clients
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, over time
good culture and room for advancement if you are willing to put in the work
Director Strategic Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 June 2015
Great place to work. I have no complaints. I was able to work my way up the ladder from an entry level position to the director level in a relatively short period of time. This is a company that is always looking to improve on itself. I liked the fact that Allianz always put the customer first.
Pros
Customer centric - a place you could be proud to work at
Cons
a lot of red tape to get things accomplished (process, policy changes etc)
fun workplace, good people and very good trainning!
Frontline Agent IMP Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB2 June 2015
Regular days are 8 hours on the phone taking calls for either preparing a couple soon to be going on a trip, to trying to arrange billings with the hospital in Germany for the grandmother who was visiting her daughter for 2 weeks. I've learned how to read flip charts for every different insurance policies, learned how to interact with translators as this company works all around the world. Hardest part of the job would have been to try to understand everything through a miss connecting phone. And of course the best part is to help people when in need.
Pros
lots of over time to offer
Fun and Respectable Company and Workplace to go to everyday
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 September 2014
Fast paced and tight on deadlines. Must exceed on fine detail as reviewing of multi insurance policies.
Management more tuned in on numbers over associate well being however in today's market productivity means higher levels on all aspects which means more numbers more positive outcome
Hardest part of job is ensuring all information is accurate and that al procedures and guidelines have been met to process an out of country medical claim
Pros
Monthly Lunches, Flex Time
Cons
Distance of Travel
Poor managed company, poorly paid, good benefits, many very lovely people
RN case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 April 2014
12hr shifts vary in start times. Not everyone is required to work nights, which then requires other people to work extra nights. The process are inefficient, which is the most difficult part of the job. the inefficiency creates unnecessary additional work, no additional staff and at least 30% increase in work volume. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am making a difference in someone's life and many of the people I work with are simply lovely!
Cons
long hours, $15000/yr drop in pay compared with hosp nursing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz Global Assistance. Our community is ready to answer.

Allianz Global Assistance Reviews by Location