Allianz Global Assistance Employee Reviews

Transformational Times - Good People
Management (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON15 October 2018
Allianz Global Assistance is going through a transformation. There is a lot of change happening in the organization and it can be tough for people. It's also exciting to see the positive outcomes of what the transformation is going to result in - for our customers and employees.

For one, there are a lot of really great people to work with. As the company has grown, I have built amazing friendships and a strong network and gotten to work with some great people. Also, since Allianz is a global company, I've had the chance to work on interesting projects. I've also had the chance to work from home more often as Allianz expands its work from home capabilities.

The pay at Allianz is reasonable. The bonus, benefits and retirement program are very good. There are special theme days here and there that makes the work day fun.
Pros
Benefits, Retirement Program, Exposure to a global company, Work from home
Cons
Stressful environment that is fast-paced. Decision-making at senior levels is slow.
It gets worse every day.
Management (Current Employee) –  Canada12 October 2018
Today, the director of our HR department of Allianz Global Assistance (or is it Allianz Partners? Or Allianz Worldwide Partners? Can someone call Germany to find out? Or is it France that decides?) sent a note to leadership asking that we write a positive review, and encourage our staff to write positive reviews. This was the last straw for me.

Having been with Allianz for several years, I have seen a steady and consistent decline in the treatment of both staff (at all levels) and customers. In the past couple of months, we’ve lost several valuable leaders due to the mess that has been made of this company. The scary part is, at least 4 people with management positions have quit without other jobs lined up. That’s saying something.

Here’s my advice: If you want good reviews, earn them. Be a place people want to work and are proud to work. Ease the workload of your top performers instead of overloading them with more staff and duties. Stop telling the employees how much you’re communicating - you’re not actually saying anything. People at all levels see through it and it has become the running office joke.

Get your house in order and take care of your people, because without good people this company is toast.

Oh and our CEO quit again. What’s that, 4 in 4 years?
Pros
There are a handful of sane, proficient people left.
Cons
The atmosphere, the work, the senior leadership team, Abs, head office, shifting priorities.
Horrible environment
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 September 2018
The only good thing about this place is the people you work with.

It is under staffed. They buy other company's and fire the staff and don't replace them.

You will be berated and begged for help by customers all day, as they do not have the staff to help the customer base they do have and they keep expanding.

It is not a case managment job it is a task managment.
So a customer can have a dieing loved one somewhere in the world and there could be a months worth of medical info in the case and you will handle a call for it. Not one person knows what is going on in a single case.

The employees have tried to beg upper managment for help and we have been told we need to work harder that we are fully staffed with an under 60% service ratio for complex medical emergency cases.

This company is the prime example of big corporate cornering a market and making the public suffer in the name of profits.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
The pay. Under average and rotatimg 24/7 work environment
Growing Company
Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2018
Allianz has been around for years, however they are constantly growing but NOT adapting or ready for the change. There is a lot of management that throws their weight around to intimidate staff however this is not productive nor receptive. Unfortunately, a lot of office politics and no forgiveness if staff make an error, which isn't a healthy environment.
Pros
Great staff and peers
Cons
Upper Mgmt
Friendly, cohesive environment to work.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
A typical day at work looked like, going in to the office, check voicemails/emails; respond to urgent matters from internal and external stakeholders as soon as possible followed by checking daily reports prior to beginning the days work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Irate customers
Changes
Claims (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2018
There have been many ongoing changes T this company and the management has not been good. I watched things fal apart at the seams. It’s unfortunate there was a lot of talent but doesn’t seem like it’s appreciated. Not a good culture.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Bilingual Emergency Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing after a hard days work that I made a difference in someone`s life and that they are happy because of it.
Pros
Great team
Cons
working late
Productive and positive work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 October 2015
- Friendly work environment
- Call center environment
- Assisted those traveling and needing medical treatment or advise
- provided referrals to both hospitals and clinics all around the world
- hardest part of the job was the long hours (Overtime, night shifts, stressful calls)
- I have a passion for helping people, and enjoyed working with both my colleagues and clients
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, over time
good culture and room for advancement if you are willing to put in the work
Director Strategic Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 June 2015
Great place to work. I have no complaints. I was able to work my way up the ladder from an entry level position to the director level in a relatively short period of time. This is a company that is always looking to improve on itself. I liked the fact that Allianz always put the customer first.
Pros
Customer centric - a place you could be proud to work at
Cons
a lot of red tape to get things accomplished (process, policy changes etc)
fun workplace, good people and very good trainning!
Frontline Agent IMP Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB2 June 2015
Regular days are 8 hours on the phone taking calls for either preparing a couple soon to be going on a trip, to trying to arrange billings with the hospital in Germany for the grandmother who was visiting her daughter for 2 weeks. I've learned how to read flip charts for every different insurance policies, learned how to interact with translators as this company works all around the world. Hardest part of the job would have been to try to understand everything through a miss connecting phone. And of course the best part is to help people when in need.
Pros
lots of over time to offer
Fun and Respectable Company and Workplace to go to everyday
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 September 2014
Fast paced and tight on deadlines. Must exceed on fine detail as reviewing of multi insurance policies.
Management more tuned in on numbers over associate well being however in today's market productivity means higher levels on all aspects which means more numbers more positive outcome
Hardest part of job is ensuring all information is accurate and that al procedures and guidelines have been met to process an out of country medical claim
Pros
Monthly Lunches, Flex Time
Cons
Distance of Travel
Poor managed company, poorly paid, good benefits, many very lovely people
RN case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 April 2014
12hr shifts vary in start times. Not everyone is required to work nights, which then requires other people to work extra nights. The process are inefficient, which is the most difficult part of the job. the inefficiency creates unnecessary additional work, no additional staff and at least 30% increase in work volume. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am making a difference in someone's life and many of the people I work with are simply lovely!
Cons
long hours, $15000/yr drop in pay compared with hosp nursing
Productive fun place to work in
Assistance Associate (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 April 2013
Great co-workers to work with. The company culture values it's workers.
Pros
loyalty
Cons
Great work environment with sense of accomplishment
Senior Business Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 November 2012
Just overall a great place to be, I would still be working there full-time if I did not want a change in geographical location.
Productive and fun workplace with friendly employees
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 June 2012
Entered claims into system with support from team members including the team leader. I learned about travel insurance and support given to clients.
Management was very supportive and approachable; encouraged employees for further advancement.
Co-workers were friendly and open to questions, provided a lot of support.
Company values are very important to employees.
Pros
free lunches, awards
Cons
can be very stressful at times
Great Place to Work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener Ontario19 March 2012
Allianz Global Assistance Canada is a great place to work. They have a great salary package which includes a great medical/dental group benefits package.