Alliance Youth Services, Inc.

Alliance Youth Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Minimal training when you start. You are expected to take clients out un the community even when their behaviors poses a threat to you your property and community members.Poor behavior is rewarded and positive behaviour is not recognized appropriately.Saftey is not a priority and staff are blamed for any behavioral issues.Not a good place to work. You will be demoralised, verbally beat down and talked yo as if you are not worthy to work there.Maybe some day they will change their ways.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No support
If you want to feel demoralized, shamed, cheated, and lied to, get a job here. The management/owners are not to be trusted. In addition, they are sarcastic and belittling. The workplace environment is toxic, and people constantly leave.
Cons
I have enjoyed my employment with this agency. There are rules in place and policies. Everything is clearly communicated. Anytime I needed support or had an issue the office staff was very supportive and reachable almost anytime. No complaints at all.
Overall I have been pleased with my employment at AYS enjoying the clients and co workers interactions day to day . I personally think it's a decent company with alot of extra hours to pick up and opportunities for personal growth , providing support for individuals and creating a lasting bond and improving the quality of life in clients and yourself. Management is supportive and the necessary training is in place.
Pros
Positive work Environment, clients & staff
They tell you that it is extremely rare to get assaulted, but it happens more often than you would think. When it does happen, management doesn't even care to ask if you're ok. They just make you write an incident report and it goes on file. Any property damage done to you while on the job, they WILL NOT reimburse you which is ridiculous. Management does not care about the staff, only about the money. They make little contact with you and when you try to reach them, it takes a while for them to get back to you. There are way better group homes to work in. Please do not work here.
I've worked at Alliance for 8 months. During my time I received little to no training on my clients. You're supposed to have a shadow shift which I did not receive and my first shift was at a 1:1 house so I had no clue what I was doing. Management is unresponsive to questions and concerns that staff have and only reaches out to staff when they need something. High turn over rate to the point where half the time you don't even know who's still working with the company if you need someone to fill your shift. I was assaulted multiple times by clients and management told my coworker that it "doesn't matter" if a client assaults me. Absolutely no regard for staff safety or well-being. There are no consequences for clients, risky behaviour (such as running away) is rewarded with lunches out and spa days. The owners of the company only care about the money that they make off of having the clients there and do nothing to actually help them learn, grow, and gain independence. Don't bother applying here if you respect yourself and care about your safety, because management certainly does not.
Official response from Alliance Youth Services, Inc.
7 October 2019
You unfortunately were not a good fit for this job and now you are making excuses to deflect from your inability to perform.I looked in your file and see shadow shift and orientations for all the houses you worked it. You were also a Shift Co Ordinator which also received special and extra training. I also met with you a few days ago and asked if you had any concerns and you shared none. As we discussed, when you had the minor incident with a client, a staff was arranged to support you and replaced you. You were being supported by myself (upper management) as well as the ON-CALL manager, and the team leader during the minor incident. You were WELL supported. We have a HIGH regard for safety and training and have safety plans and behaviour plans for each client. The issue is that you did not follow the safety plan and that puts people at risk. We have had a few conversations about you not following the safety plans. You have been moved from another home for because of your inability to work there and inability to get a long with the team. The client you worked with attends regular therapy, has 2 work placements, attended cooking classes and has a budgeting program, as well as life skills programs. So I am not sure why you commented that we do nothing to actually help them.
Upper management is very disrespectful, they do not respect any of their employees whether it be front line residential support workers, team leaders or supervisors. They will blame client behaviours on staff, meanwhile staff, team leaders and supervisors receive little to no support for managing high risk behaviours. There is no job security, staff are often either let go or staff leave on their own due to the constant disrespect and toxic culture. You could give them your left arm and they would still ask for more... then throw you under the bus.
DONT WORK HERE! Brutal company brutal pay and all people in the office lie. They don’t care about the clients they only care about the money they get! Stay away from this place if you have any respect for what you do.
Cons
Official response from Alliance Youth Services, Inc.
12 August 2019
Your review here is not even coherent. Perhaps some facts or some context or a basis for your lies and false claims would be helpful to people. Again, perhaps finding a hobby might be a better use of your time and energy.
I don't even know where to begin with this company. After working for the company for roughly a year and a half I was fired alongside my supervisor due to lack of position after our client was discharged. All other coworkers however were moved to other programs. When asked if there was any part time positions available I was told no. Yet they are still trying to hire like crazy and have numerous vacancies throughout the agency and the only team lead they have left in the Belleville area is being forced to work ungodly hours. Let's talk about the money owed.... Management is so kind to you and ask you to take on extra duties and assure you that you will be payed for them. When you try to meet with them about said extra pay after taking on the duties and doing them for several months your meeting gets pushed back for months and months until it's forgotten about. Finally after months of trying I get to meet with management and their new little pet (who isn't there anymore either) and I'm told I will have a number by the end of the day about the back pay that was owed to me. I bet you can guess what happened next... That's right, I never heard from them again until I was fired. On top of that, they didn't have the heart to fire me face to face, they had some new girl in the office call me on my day off to let me know I was canned. No exit interview, not so much as a thank-you from from the people I dedicated myself too for the past year and a half. Several times management encouraged staff to write positive reviews on indeed and bribed them with gift cards so that leads - more...
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Lots
Owners/management have complete disregard for staff safety. There is little to no training. It’s promised but doesn’t happen. Clients get away with whatever they want, even dictating which staff continue to work in the residences. Clients are inappropriate and disrespectful. They are rewarded for this behaviour so it continues getting worse each time. There is no HR. Just people in the office making it up as they go along. Whatever sounds good. Not approachable. And you never feel like you have any job security. There is no feeling of team. Staff are viewed as bodies to fill shifts. You will feel like you are easily replaceable because you are. Staff are overworked, and unappreciated. Company is shady. Owners will try to intimidate and pass the blame onto anyone else.
Pros
Laughable
Cons
Your personal mental health will take a toll
I've been treated very well by Alliance. There is always hours to pick up, flexible schedules, great clients and so many fun activities! Alliance really cares about their clients and provides all opportunities for a great life. Most days it doesnt even seem like I'm at a "job". If you are responsible, dependable and a hard worker the opportunities for advancement come up quickly! One of the best companies I've had the privilege of working for. I've been in most positions and worked with all the clients in the belleville area, each has their challenges but all have a bigger reward to make a better life for these people and have fun doing it.
Pros
Fun activities, fast advancement, good hearted owners
Cons
Monthly pay, lower starting wage, lots of use of personal vehicle
I've learnt so many things from working with the youth which improved my skills being more confident at the same time. Each case of individual is so much sensitive and you need to adjust yourself to this case in order to be effective.Management ( owners) always have an open door policy. Guiding us in a positive way. This has been such a great experience for me, the staff are so supportive and the individuals are fantastic they will never let you have a bad day in a professional but fun manner.
Pros
supportive open door policy ie: owners
Cons
can be long hours
Started off great, but now have realised staff are expendable, and management is not afraid to show it. For the money you make, it is not worth dealing with the stress the management brings upon you.
Management has no idea how to treat people properly. Management has no understanding for personal live events that may impact someone being a few minutes behind schedule. There is no communication unless there is something negative to say. Management loves to try to get staff to throw other staff under the bus. Personal time is not respected and you are pressured to work extra hours. Pay is only once per month and has been missed and not done properly more than once.
Cons
Low pay, long hours, disrespectful management
Steer clear of this place if you respect yourself or the field of work you are in. Staff are assaulted, verbally and physically. Treated terribly. Very often staff are left short staffed. Or clients are left with no staff, making headlines for inappropriate behaviours and police involvement. Clients are running the show. No actual programming aside from pedicures and hockey games. No actual therapy or anything along those lines. Company slips through loop holes with the ministry because clients are cared for at their “residences” and therefore the labour board can’t incestigate past the office. There are a lot of companies out there making a real difference and treating their staff well. I suggest you talk to those places. Good luck!
Pros
Good luck
Cons
Place is like beating your head against a brick wall.
Do yourself a favour and don’t even waste your time interviewing for a position with this company. The only good reviews on the website were bribed with a $50 gift card.
Pros
Cons
Take the chance of being attacked
Terrible. You will learn a lot of what you don’t want in a work place. You will be lied to and hurt. Your review will be deleted if you don’t agree with the company.
Pros
Cons
Many
I've worked for Alliance Youth Services for a little under 4 years now, and I have found my work extremely rewarding. I have nothing but good things to say regarding Alliance. The Directors are very helpful in terms of supporting their staff and team leads; the work environment is friendly and the kids you work with are some of the most amazing people you will ever get the chance to meet. The directors of AYS have demonstrated numerous times that they truly care about the youth in their care. I've recommended this agency to family and friends and those that took the job are enjoying it, as well.
Pros
Management, Kids, Pay, Individualized programs for the youth