Alliance Youth Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very toxic environment, absolutely no respect from upper management, highly advise against accepting employment from this agency
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 August 2019
Upper management is very disrespectful, they do not respect any of their employees whether it be front line residential support workers, team leaders or supervisors. They will blame client behaviours on staff, meanwhile staff, team leaders and supervisors receive little to no support for managing high risk behaviours. There is no job security, staff are often either let go or staff leave on their own due to the constant disrespect and toxic culture. You could give them your left arm and they would still ask for more... then throw you under the bus.
Save yourself
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Various1 August 2019
This company is directed by non empathetic, sympathetic, conniving, money grabbers. I have never had an internal meeting with such an obnoxious pair in my life. I hope CAS will go further and find out what really goes on. The good reviews are not done by real people here. My heart goes out to the children.
12 August 2019

I am confused, are we non empathetic or sympathetic? As for conniving, money grabbers i am not sure what you would know about the financial structure of this organization or the costs and demands involved in a business. All clients are overseen by various bodies which ensure a high standard of care and support are provided to clients. And if you really worked for AYS you would know this.

I would suggest that you find a more productive use of your time and energy.

Family member worked there
Nanny/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 July 2019
I don’t even know where to begin. Horrible company , horrible owners, no proper training, not paid what your worth, not valued. My family member was treated like a piece of dirt ( somewhat like they treat their residents)

Family member was discouraged all the time and treated as if they didn’t matter.

When asking for part time they said “ give us your availability” then the next day they got an email stating
“ their job was no longer available as they were restructuring due to the loss of a client.

They pay once a month and it’s almost always wrong
And they have to fight to get it corrected.

They do not care about the clients they care about the money and that’s the bottom line. If someone was to call the right person this whole company would be closed down just for the way they treats their clients
Never mind their staff.

Sad sad sad sad !!!
Pros
Clients are kids that genuinely want help
12 August 2019

I am unsure why your review was even posted here as you have not provided a single fact. Your accusations are baseless. As i have stated in previous responses to reviews that are full of false claims and lies, our agency is monitored and audited by various ministries and children's aid societies on a regular basis. These regulatory bodies ensure that the our standards are upheld, met and exceeded. As a result our clients are very very happy here and it is a shame that your lack of information, or fabricated information, has been posted here in hopes of damaging our business. Sad, sad, sad seems to reflect your lack of more important things to do with your time than the state of the situation here at AYS. Your comments are confusing as it states that they were asked about availability, but then were not given hours because of a client either leaving or not arriving at all. How could they have had any issues with payroll or with the treatment of a client if they didn't even work shifts.

This job, and field, is not for everyone. Probably best for everyone that you or your family member are not working for AYS.

Horrible place to work!
Baby sitter (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 July 2019
DONT WORK HERE! Brutal company brutal pay and all people in the office lie. They don’t care about the clients they only care about the money they get! Stay away from this place if you have any respect for what you do.
12 August 2019

Your review here is not even coherent. Perhaps some facts or some context or a basis for your lies and false claims would be helpful to people. Again, perhaps finding a hobby might be a better use of your time and energy.

Very disappointed.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 June 2019
I don't even know where to begin with this company.

After working for the company for roughly a year and a half I was fired alongside my supervisor due to lack of position after our client was discharged. All other coworkers however were moved to other programs. When asked if there was any part time positions available I was told no. Yet they are still trying to hire like crazy and have numerous vacancies throughout the agency and the only team lead they have left in the Belleville area is being forced to work ungodly hours.

Let's talk about the money owed....
Management is so kind to you and ask you to take on extra duties and assure you that you will be payed for them. When you try to meet with them about said extra pay after taking on the duties and doing them for several months your meeting gets pushed back for months and months until it's forgotten about. Finally after months of trying I get to meet with management and their new little pet (who isn't there anymore either) and I'm told I will have a number by the end of the day about the back pay that was owed to me. I bet you can guess what happened next... That's right, I never heard from them again until I was fired. On top of that, they didn't have the heart to fire me face to face, they had some new girl in the office call me on my day off to let me know I was canned. No exit interview, not so much as a thank-you from from the people I dedicated myself too for the past year and a half.

Several times management encouraged staff to write positive reviews on indeed and bribed them with gift cards so that leads
  more... me to believe that the two positive reviews here were treated to a nice hearty Montana's gift card.

If you like staying longer than your scheduled shift on numerous occasions every month and getting paid 2 bucks more than minimum wage then don't hesitate, apply today. But if you respect yourself and want to work in a non toxic environment find one of the numerous other companies in the area and make a difference.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Lots
Terrible Employee Standards
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Roslin, ON24 April 2019
Owners/management have complete disregard for staff safety. There is little to no training. It’s promised but doesn’t happen. Clients get away with whatever they want, even dictating which staff continue to work in the residences. Clients are inappropriate and disrespectful. They are rewarded for this behaviour so it continues getting worse each time.
There is no HR. Just people in the office making it up as they go along. Whatever sounds good. Not approachable. And you never feel like you have any job security. There is no feeling of team.
Staff are viewed as bodies to fill shifts. You will feel like you are easily replaceable because you are.
Staff are overworked, and unappreciated.
Company is shady. Owners will try to intimidate and pass the blame onto anyone else.
Pros
Laughable
Cons
Your personal mental health will take a toll
Great clients, fun work and quick opportunities for advancement
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 April 2019
I've been treated very well by Alliance. There is always hours to pick up, flexible schedules, great clients and so many fun activities! Alliance really cares about their clients and provides all opportunities for a great life. Most days it doesnt even seem like I'm at a "job".
If you are responsible, dependable and a hard worker the opportunities for advancement come up quickly! One of the best companies I've had the privilege of working for.
I've been in most positions and worked with all the clients in the belleville area, each has their challenges but all have a bigger reward to make a better life for these people and have fun doing it.
Pros
Fun activities, fast advancement, good hearted owners
Cons
Monthly pay, lower starting wage, lots of use of personal vehicle
This has been such a great experience for me , Fun place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Frankford, ON31 March 2019
I've learnt so many things from working with the youth which improved my skills being more confident at the same time. Each case of individual is so much sensitive and you need to adjust yourself to this case in order to be effective.Management ( owners) always have an open door policy. Guiding us in a positive way.
This has been such a great experience for me, the staff are so supportive and the individuals are fantastic they will never let you have a bad day in a professional but fun manner.
Pros
supportive open door policy ie: owners
Cons
can be long hours
Nope
Child Youth Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 March 2019
Started off great, but now have realised staff are expendable, and management is not afraid to show it. For the money you make, it is not worth dealing with the stress the management brings upon you.
One of the worst social service agencies in Ontario
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2019
Management has no idea how to treat people properly. Management has no understanding for personal live events that may impact someone being a few minutes behind schedule. There is no communication unless there is something negative to say. Management loves to try to get staff to throw other staff under the bus.

Personal time is not respected and you are pressured to work extra hours.

Pay is only once per month and has been missed and not done properly more than once.
Cons
Low pay, long hours, disrespectful management
This Company Makes Me Sad
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Frankford, ON5 February 2019
Steer clear of this place if you respect yourself or the field of work you are in.
Staff are assaulted, verbally and physically. Treated terribly. Very often staff are left short staffed. Or clients are left with no staff, making headlines for inappropriate behaviours and police involvement. Clients are running the show.
No actual programming aside from pedicures and hockey games. No actual therapy or anything along those lines.
Company slips through loop holes with the ministry because clients are cared for at their “residences” and therefore the labour board can’t incestigate past the office.
There are a lot of companies out there making a real difference and treating their staff well. I suggest you talk to those places. Good luck!
Pros
Good luck
Cons
Place is like beating your head against a brick wall.
Horrible place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Roslin, ON5 February 2019
Do yourself a favour and don’t even waste your time interviewing for a position with this company. The only good reviews on the website were bribed with a $50 gift card.
Pros
Cons
Take the chance of being attacked
A no from me
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Prince Edward County, ON3 February 2019
Terrible. You will learn a lot of what you don’t want in a work place.
You will be lied to and hurt.
Your review will be deleted if you don’t agree with the company.
Pros
Cons
Many
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 January 2019
Rewarding Experience
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 December 2018
I've worked for Alliance Youth Services for a little under 4 years now, and I have found my work extremely rewarding. I have nothing but good things to say regarding Alliance. The Directors are very helpful in terms of supporting their staff and team leads; the work environment is friendly and the kids you work with are some of the most amazing people you will ever get the chance to meet. The directors of AYS have demonstrated numerous times that they truly care about the youth in their care. I've recommended this agency to family and friends and those that took the job are enjoying it, as well.
Pros
Management, Kids, Pay, Individualized programs for the youth
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 November 2018
Employee (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 November 2018
Frontline Staff (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 September 2018
Decent Place To Work
Casual PSW (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 September 2018
I haven’t had any issues working with Alliance Youth Services. I haven’t been treated badly. I really enjoy the job as a whole. I started working here as casual and have just received a full time job from it.
Pros
Working with the client
Cons
Pay, benefits, and lack of employees
Front line staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 May 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Youth Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

1.5