ALLAN CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Good Company
Forman (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 January 2018
Worked for Allan for few years had a great experience. Good atmosphere. Family owned and operated. There has been in town work and out of town work with compansation for out of town work over all well established.
was a great place to learn.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 December 2017
VCM was a great starting point. got my foot in the door of construction learnt a lot of different skills mostly concrete forming and finishing. it was over all a good place to work
Pros
good money reliable
Cons
didn't like some of the staff
Good place to work for
NCSO/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Island Falls, Saskatchewan12 December 2017
Good company to work with, safety program is well established and crews are good to work with. Company has the foundations and tools to work with in implementing and maintaining a safety program
It was a very organized workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 February 2017
A typical day in the yard would start off with a safty meeting in the morning. We would discuss what we are doing for the day. Then get on with the day and then its over.
Pros
Overtime
good work and management
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  saskatoon10 December 2016
I worked for Basil for about 5 months, I found that they were a company that would prefer a task being done 100% correctly rather then it being rushed and done wrong. Good people good management.
interesting work
Heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  highway 27 project1 November 2016
enjoyed working there.learning how roads are built.Ran equipment for a long time just not like that.meet all kinds of people.dealing with public.It was fun.
hard to write one when I was only hired for small winter project
Rock Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 November 2015
It was good 13 hr days weekends off. Great co-workers. I wish they had full time spot for me. Nice clean well maintained equipment.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
Great company to work for...
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan16 June 2015
I was originally hired for a contract at a new potash mine being built in Saskatchewan where I handled the entire safety aspect from the ground up. After 2 1/2yrs I moved to the other various sites throughout Saskatoon/Area and performed site inspections.

Awesome people to work with and the management actually cared about the workers which was a nice change of pace.
Standard small construction company
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 February 2015
The job is very labour intensive and repetitive. The crews are not very big which is a good thing. The pay is standard when compared to other companies in the industry. The company is small which makes it very difficult to climb the ladder within the company.
two thumbs up
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  jansen saskatchewan11 December 2013
this job was a camp job in saskatchewan, at the bhp billiton lanigan mine. the day would start and end with a 45 minute bus ride from camp to the mine. the first hour or so of everyday was all about safety. going over the tasks for the day, who was doing what, and the safety measures that we would be taking for each task. we'd then proceede to our work area where i'd fill out my JHA (job hazard assesment) for the morning, then i'd have to get my foreman to sign off on it. then there was a on site toolbox meeting where we'd all put our heads together to pick out any possible hazards that needed to be addressed before our work was to begin. while at this job i helped form 4- 200x80 slabs for the 2 hoist houses and the 2 collar houses. i also helped pre-fabricate 2-36x20x36 hexagon forms that we flew in with the crane to form the top of both the service and production shafts. this job was a great job from top to bottom. the hardest part of this job was being away from my family and the long hours (13 hours a day for 14 days straight) the best part of the job was the amount of planning and safety involved with each and every job big or small. you always knew you were being looked out for.