All Weather Windows

All Weather Windows Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
Nice work place atmosphere
Opportunity for advancement at the management level is low due to the size of the company. Product quality is part of their manufacturing processes...
I really enjoyed working at All Weather Windows
I got an injury that was very Painful A Groin Pull I was an Out Bound Driver
I would probably be still working there if I had not let out some choice words
Must have positive attitude to work here
I learned a lot with my time at AWW building windows and doors.I worked in the shipping dept loading product on trailers to designated customers.I enjoyed working in the receiving department operating various types of forklifts.Overall this is a good place to work if you can handle the fast paced invironment.
Corporate Culture Has Changed
This company has gone downhill rapidly in the past 5 years since the original ownership group stepped down. They no longer care about their employees and are only concerned with bottom line financial results. Many great people have left in the past 4 years and many more will be leaving in the near future. I would no longer recommend working at All Weather Windows to anyone.
fair workplace
good workplace, limited hours of work and pay if not busy. good management. very good benefits but no worker's union. no place to improve once skills.
i learn a lot ,productive.
I learn a lot in this company special I don't have a experience for this kind of work. i start working as glazing stop cutter and then I start to operate the welding machine, I weld the sash and frame.
Pros
they have free lunch
Cons
they have over time
a place to work
the local management was none excising
most of the people are good to work with

toxic because of the management

the most fun at work was the prople
Pros
was a paycheck
Cons
no respect
Toxic would be an understatement
You will receive minimal training and be expected to 'sink or swim'. Management is horrendous and you will be overloaded with work until you break - but breaking will be your fault, rest assured - it won't be due to mismanagement by the higher ups. Stay away for your own mental health.
Cons
Safe work practice/safety meeting conducted weekly
Becoming more energetic with regards to the type of job that I'am
doing. Standing position all day long,lifting heavy materials. I consider

it as my gym workout.
Pros
free lunch twice a year plus x-mas party and program with foods and gifts
Cons
fast pacing
A typical work day would include, cleaning the warehouse floor to receive incoming shipments. Organize once received and gather the new parts/material that needed to be shipped out. Wrapping the material/parts and organizing on the truck. On slower days, I would contribute in cleaning the warehouse. All employees were respectful of one another and we would share a laugh over breaks, lunch and during the day.
productive and fun workplace
productive and have good co workers.management are helpfull to their employees.i had learned alot of thingd about fabricatiing of commercial doors and windows.
not a fun place to work
working at all wheather windows was a bad experiance for me.the coworkers were not friendly when i ask questions there were no answer .the manager was allway busy no time for mi
Pros
no pros just cons danger place to work
Cons
work accidents every day beware for intencions
Don’t waste your efforts here
They will treat you like a number. Expectations do not fit the pay. No regular reviews or raises. No proper training and you could be discarded at any point for any and no reason which surprisingly happens to a lot of people. Head office will force you to take unpaid days off or use vacation when they choose. Pay freeze and RRSP freeze is common. Management can be completely rediculous. Don’t waste your time with this place. No appreciation or pay for extra work and time put in. None.
Cons
Management and lack of training
8 hours of non stop movement and standing and lifting heavy objects.
long hours of non stop working, lifting. we have earplug so we don't damage our ear. other than that it was continues of lifting heavy windows. the managers did not care that we were tired, the only thing the cared about was that we finished our task even if it meant us breaking a part of our body. i once got my finger cut, and i had to get stitches. the doctor told me to take a break from work for a at least a week, but they told me to go back to work straight away.
Pros
2, 15 mintute break and 1 half an hour break
Cons
lifting heavy windows for 8 hours
Awful corporate culture
Family dynamic is overly controlling and nepotism runs rampant. Many family members are given promotions with inadequate experience, which causes constant failure. This failure is exclusively blamed on those below them. Experienced employees have no voice because family always knows best. There's no trust in their employees. Very difficult culture to successfully navigate. Employees are required to work excessive …
Pros
Paycheque always clears
Cons
Unrealistic goals set for you, no support from head office. Arrogant.
crazy place to work
no air conditioning, a bunch of losers who will steal your materials if you leave your station for 5 minutes, rejects who spend their time shooting staples at people and making up nicknames for other people instead of doing their job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low wage and hostile environment
Great Company - Little To No Organization
When I did the interview with this company I was very excited to work for them. The management seemed very down to Earth and friendly, my interview was like having a conversation with a friend. The staff at this company were great people to work with that treated me like family. So no complaints there. The job was great in the sense that it always kept me busy and it was a steep learning curve which was nice.

My issues with the company were lack of training, they would throw you into a task and expect you to learn it within 15 minutes of being taught how to do it. If you didn't grasp it right away then you had to ask one of the senior staff, who more than obliged, but were incredibly busy and didn't have the time to properly show you how to do anything. They did bring in a trainer from Winnipeg who was fantastic but it wasn't enough.

This company had poor customer service for homeowners, the home builders always came first, at the expense of letting homeowners service requests go for months. They refused to hire anyone else because head office didn't think it was necessary. Another thing I learned after working there for a bit was certain staff members would actually talk badly about previous workers or people currently working there which turned me off to the company.

Finally the company decided to hire 2 new people in the office, as soon as that happened they let me go from the job right before my probation was over and would not give me a reason. When I tried to communicate with my manager and thank her for the opportunity I got no response.

I would watch your
 - more...
Pros
Free lunches, staff baseball tournament, weekends off, short hours
Cons
Little to no training, angry homeowners, high labour fees
Worst year of my career
Office:
There is very little balance in the office environment and you are constantly subjected to managements changing whims. Despite of your job title you're expected to be an expert in completely unrelated areas with zero training. They have zero problems throwing anyone under a bus.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Scapegoating
favors is mostly on the management side
most members are hard working while some just to spend 8 hours a day. no job security when slow-down comes or hit the industry. management tried to save the company when it is about to fall. Racism still existed.
Pros
summer barbeque
Cons
missing hours during winter time
Saskatoon branch has been crippled by terrible gm's and supervisors.
Challenging to work for. In 8 years management changed six times. Doesnt pay for your hard work, must fight to get a raise or get paid your expenses. Minium 3 month waits to get expenses. Supervisor not very knowledgeable about product in saskatoon. Costs the company more money then he makes. Csp's are wonderful and so are the other service technicians but everyone knows management makes or breaks the job. No real safety talks or class room training is done unless the Supervisor is pressured by management in Edmonton. Overall, do not work for AWW Saskatoon Branch unless you are looking to be underpaid and appreciated.
Pros
Co-workers are wonderful, both on the service and shipping ends.
Cons
Underpaid, under appreciated and most of all just terrible management in Saskatoon.
Head office management and employees are very positive and easy to be around. Lots of support from all aspects of the company.
The interaction with the management and staff at head office and other branches is fantastic, A great group to work with, learn with and from. Very positive experience overall. The team is comprised of many qualified and intelligent people. I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Support from across the country when you need it. Great relationships developed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at All Weather Windows. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3