All About Kids Employee Review

View all All About Kids reviews

I was a clinical fellow there a year ago and this place is terrible.
Clinical Fellow Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY19 October 2018
A year ago, I was a clinical fellow here and I was traveling town to town with no compensation for gas. I had full days with no break (my breaks were driving) and it was the lowest paying clinical fellowship I've heard of (and all of my graduate school friends). The quick-paced, busy days would be worth it if they weren't paying me so low of a salary. I didn't receive compensation for writing reports or gas, which really took a toll on my bank account and sanity. Also, they don't tell you this at the interview or meeting of course, but you get paid monthly and you do not get paid for the first two months of working, so if you're planning on working here, make sure you have money saved up those first two months. I didn't find this out until after I signed the contract. Every branch of management is absolutely horrendous and they never know the answer to your very important questions. it is ridiculous. You feel alone and isolated. However, the staffed supervisors are great. Very helpful and always answer questions. You can 100% find a better clinical fellowship in the area.
Pros
supervising is great
Cons
everything else

Other All About Kids Employee Reviews

Good Company
Billing Clerk/Administrative Assistant – Insurance (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY29 November 2018
Worked with a good group of people. unable to make up hours. management was great until new human resources. learned a lot during my time there. there was a little bit of growth in the company.
Low rate of pay for ABA therapists and you might not get paid at all
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  NYC2 November 2018
As an ABA therapist on and off for years with this company I saw a lot. ABA supervisiors change constantly and are hard to get in touch with because they are overworked and overwhelmed. It seems they can never manage to have more that one ABA supervisor employed in the whole company a time, which means they have to be all over the city and in Long Island. They quit yearly on average. As a therapist, you better know what you’re doing because they won’t be able to provide support. The rate of pay is lower than competitors and the billing department is horrible. Therapists are paid monthly and occassionally you could hand in all of your required billing paperwork (yes, session notes are still actual PAPER that needs to be faxed and mailed) and not get a check that month. When you call to demand your pay you will get the run around and no one will care that you are waiting on money you earned. This has happened to several therapists I know. Management does not care about administrative staff and the low morale and high turnover rates show it. Getting staffed on a case is an incredibly disorganized process. There are so many ways this company could improve but the owners don’t seem to care.
Pros
The kids we work with
Cons
Billing dept, lack of supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All About Kids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9