All About Kids Employee Review

View all All About Kids reviews

AAK Wins Worst Company to Work for Award
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Here there and everywhere29 January 2018
I am not even sure where to begin...
This is the most disorganized and unprofessional company I have had the displeasure of working for. In my short time there, I experienced firsthand the lack of communication and efficiency between the owners and managerial staff. Employees are overworked. People quit left and right and their responsibilities just get indefinitely dumped on the poor employees who can't afford to quit.
The owners are all about the $$.. which completely contradicts their new motto "AAK Cares"... yup... AAK Cares about the money money money... ruthless and despicable.
All the positive reviews written on this website are from current employees who were asked to write them...
The marketing director's review comes directly from the owner's son... hmmm
I could write a dissertation on what this company does wrong, but I've wasted enough time.
As for therapists... if you need supervision or support... this is NOT the company for you. It is impossible to reach a supervisor and get a clear answer. (if there are any of those left anyway). As for getting paid... you better make sure you dot your I's and cross your T's and not make the slightest mistake on your paperwork... otherwise you"ll have to wait for the next pay cycle, or beg someone in HR.

If you value your sanity... stay far far away.
Pros
Cons
everything you can imagine

Other All About Kids Employee Reviews

Good Company
Billing Clerk/Administrative Assistant – Insurance (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY29 November 2018
Worked with a good group of people. unable to make up hours. management was great until new human resources. learned a lot during my time there. there was a little bit of growth in the company.
Low rate of pay for ABA therapists and you might not get paid at all
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  NYC2 November 2018
As an ABA therapist on and off for years with this company I saw a lot. ABA supervisiors change constantly and are hard to get in touch with because they are overworked and overwhelmed. It seems they can never manage to have more that one ABA supervisor employed in the whole company a time, which means they have to be all over the city and in Long Island. They quit yearly on average. As a therapist, you better know what you’re doing because they won’t be able to provide support. The rate of pay is lower than competitors and the billing department is horrible. Therapists are paid monthly and occassionally you could hand in all of your required billing paperwork (yes, session notes are still actual PAPER that needs to be faxed and mailed) and not get a check that month. When you call to demand your pay you will get the run around and no one will care that you are waiting on money you earned. This has happened to several therapists I know. Management does not care about administrative staff and the low morale and high turnover rates show it. Getting staffed on a case is an incredibly disorganized process. There are so many ways this company could improve but the owners don’t seem to care.
Pros
The kids we work with
Cons
Billing dept, lack of supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All About Kids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9