All About Kids Employee Reviews

Good Company
Billing Clerk/Administrative Assistant – Insurance (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY29 November 2018
Worked with a good group of people. unable to make up hours. management was great until new human resources. learned a lot during my time there. there was a little bit of growth in the company.
Low rate of pay for ABA therapists and you might not get paid at all
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  NYC2 November 2018
As an ABA therapist on and off for years with this company I saw a lot. ABA supervisiors change constantly and are hard to get in touch with because they are overworked and overwhelmed. It seems they can never manage to have more that one ABA supervisor employed in the whole company a time, which means they have to be all over the city and in Long Island. They quit yearly on average. As a therapist, you better know what you’re doing because they won’t be able to provide support. The rate of pay is lower than competitors and the billing department is horrible. Therapists are paid monthly and occassionally you could hand in all of your required billing paperwork (yes, session notes are still actual PAPER that needs to be faxed and mailed) and not get a check that month. When you call to demand your pay you will get the run around and no one will care that you are waiting on money you earned. This has happened to several therapists I know. Management does not care about administrative staff and the low morale and high turnover rates show it. Getting staffed on a case is an incredibly disorganized process. There are so many ways this company could improve but the owners don’t seem to care.
Pros
The kids we work with
Cons
Billing dept, lack of supervision
I was a clinical fellow there a year ago and this place is terrible.
Clinical Fellow Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY19 October 2018
A year ago, I was a clinical fellow here and I was traveling town to town with no compensation for gas. I had full days with no break (my breaks were driving) and it was the lowest paying clinical fellowship I've heard of (and all of my graduate school friends). The quick-paced, busy days would be worth it if they weren't paying me so low of a salary. I didn't receive compensation for writing reports or gas, which really took a toll on my bank account and sanity. Also, they don't tell you this at the interview or meeting of course, but you get paid monthly and you do not get paid for the first two months of working, so if you're planning on working here, make sure you have money saved up those first two months. I didn't find this out until after I signed the contract. Every branch of management is absolutely horrendous and they never know the answer to your very important questions. it is ridiculous. You feel alone and isolated. However, the staffed supervisors are great. Very helpful and always answer questions. You can 100% find a better clinical fellowship in the area.
Pros
supervising is great
Cons
everything else
Disorganized Management
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn13 August 2018
It is sad to see the company's name is truly not about the kids. Every company has to make a profit but the CEOs are truly all about the money. Management is lacking, supervision is non existant and most staff members stay because they don't have a degree to move on.
Pros
Absolutley nothing
Cons
Inconsistencies in management decisions, no room for advancement, no raises
Disorganized and unprofessional work environment
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NY1 February 2018
All About Kids was by far the worst place I have ever worked for. I felt like I was doing the job of 2 or 3 people. Yes, the stress level was high (there is stress in every type of job) but upper management was unsupportive. The CEO only cared about one thing: money. Management is unprofessional; there is a lack of communication between upper management and staff. Management would talk badly about other staff members while not present (how can you expect staff members to act professionally when management sets a bad example?). Staff members were very gossipy and rude instead of being supportive to each other. Providers probably felt that administrative staff was unsupportive because some admin staff were spread SO thin. The only positive thing I can say is most therapists worked very hard to provide services to the children in need. The best part about working here was leaving!
Pros
Cons
everything
AAK Wins Worst Company to Work for Award
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Here there and everywhere29 January 2018
I am not even sure where to begin...
This is the most disorganized and unprofessional company I have had the displeasure of working for. In my short time there, I experienced firsthand the lack of communication and efficiency between the owners and managerial staff. Employees are overworked. People quit left and right and their responsibilities just get indefinitely dumped on the poor employees who can't afford to quit.
The owners are all about the $$.. which completely contradicts their new motto "AAK Cares"... yup... AAK Cares about the money money money... ruthless and despicable.
All the positive reviews written on this website are from current employees who were asked to write them...
The marketing director's review comes directly from the owner's son... hmmm
I could write a dissertation on what this company does wrong, but I've wasted enough time.
As for therapists... if you need supervision or support... this is NOT the company for you. It is impossible to reach a supervisor and get a clear answer. (if there are any of those left anyway). As for getting paid... you better make sure you dot your I's and cross your T's and not make the slightest mistake on your paperwork... otherwise you"ll have to wait for the next pay cycle, or beg someone in HR.

If you value your sanity... stay far far away.
Pros
Cons
everything you can imagine
Great work-life balance. Fair pay. Room for Growth.
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NY30 October 2017
I have been working at All About Kids full time. The workplace culture is excellent and extremely conducive to productivity. Like any company, the job comes with challenges but management wants nothing more than to see employees succeed. The internal structure is set up smoothly to allow effective communication between departments. Unlimited room to grow.
Pros
reasonable hours, room for growth, great salary, great communication
Hostile work environment/Very Disorganized
Staff (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NY25 October 2017
Very low pay, lack of training, employees are miserable, they don't offer raises or bonuses, only 10 vacation days for the first 3 years, sick days never increase and either do personal days, the positive ratings on here are from staff that were asked to write a positive review, management does not make an effort to listen to its employees nor do they seem to care about its employees, the health and dental insurance is horrible and very expensive, they are not "all about kids," they care only about money and how to save a penny.
Co-workers amazing, Corporate horrific
clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY22 June 2017
I felt my coworkers were helpful. I didn't feel challenge. Wasn't much of a learning experience. management had favorites. I appreciate some supervisors who always helped.Personally Early Intervention has its flaws as a whole. But this agency is not practical. They see parents as a dollar value and squezze every oz. they can from the workers and the parents. Therapist are constantly complaining that they arent getting paid and well the employees bless there hearts (not management) the operations team try with what little they have. The turn over is insane and although many try to stay and make it work this company is a dead end. Like i said E.I. has many flaws but companies like this don't make it any easier. stay away from this agency whether your a therapist or a parent. although a small community their are many agency to choose from avoid the aggravation its not worth it.
My review of Sunflower Kidz Da Care
Early Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NY27 May 2017
I come at 8 a.m, sometimes 7:30 a.m, to work. I have learned to work as a team member. I have learned how to manage staff. I have learned how to manage difficulties when they arise. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how the children grow over a period of time.
Pros
working with dedicated staff
Cons
no health benefits
enjoyed working with the babies and other employees
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Coventry, RI10 May 2017
Nice clean place to work in. People are friendly and helpful.
Was my first time working in a day care.
Always someone available to help when you needed them.
Parents friendly and helpful.
Pros
convienent
Cons
hours
Great Company
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY21 March 2017
All About Kids is a great agency to work for. I been working with this company for the past 4 years going on 5 now and I have no complains. At All About Kids everyone works together as a team. I will recommend this agency to anyone that is currently looking for an employment since working for All About Kids feels like working with family.
Pros
All About Kids is a great company to grow as an employer.
Cons
No Cons
Great Place to work! Nice and knowledgeable staff!
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Plainview Corporate office at AAK21 March 2017
All About Kids is a great place to work. The staff is highly knowledgeable and work as team players. The therapists are highly qualified and screened for this purpose. The company's philosophy "we care" extends to therapists, parents and office staff as well.... Truly a great company to work for!
Pros
Great and knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
demanding workload
All About Kids (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NY20 March 2017
From the interview process through onboarding, this is a great place to work! They take time to listen to your concerns and opinions, it's a diverse workplace, and everyone is super friendly. If you put the work in, you will see great results. As an employee, I feel respected, valued, and part of a team. I have learned how to be more professional, while staying in touch with my team members. The building is new and clean, nice coffee shop too.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly staff, good compensation
Grow As A Professional
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NY20 March 2017
All About Kids has a fast paced environment that helps you grow as a professional. Skills gained include project management, time efficiency, peer to peer building, and regulations knowledge.

All About Kids' staff are friendly and team oriented. The company offers good benefits and has an overall good working environment.
Pros
Longevity, Healthcare Benefits, Location, Nice Staff
Cons
Sometimes work pace/workload can be over the top, but so can most jobs.
Only if you really HAVE to
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY3 February 2017
disorganized. sat around for 5 days with no training- could not get help or training from anyone. high turnover, everyone i spoke with was 6 months or less.
Caring and Productive work place
Director (Current Employee) –  NYC, Long Island and Westchester7 January 2017
All About Kids is a great place to work. Excellent supervision of therapists and teachers. Very caring environment. Excellent job growth and promotional opportunities. Very competitive salaries and very competitive fees for independent contractors.

All About Kids provides all the therapy specialties and teaching specialities needed to Evaluate and treat children from birth to 21. Great coordinated team effort by all therapists and teachers for all children.
Pros
Caring growth environment
Disorganized company
T. Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NY16 November 2016
Honestly enjoyed my job at first. Working with the kids was the best part of my day. However, the teachers were never prepared for the day and management never seemed to care. Pay was extremely low for the amount of work that was put into working with the kids.
Very disconnected organization with an administration that is constantly changing.and never seems to know what the therapists are doing.
SEIT (Current Employee) –  Nassau & Suffolk County7 April 2016
AAK offers many types of therapies but there is never any follow-up with the therapists. You, as a therapist, are completely on your own and even if you call or email for assistance, you never get it! It's very disorganized. Until you do something they don't like. Then they're all over you without warming. But where were they when you needed them? There is absolutely NO connection with co-workers unless there happens to be a team leader, which is very seldom. And that could possibly be due to the large amount of extra work one has to put in as a team leader which is strictly "volunteered time", and is never compensated for by AAK. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually working with the students - something I think the administration loses sight of too easily. The administration is distant, unfriendly, often incompetent, and very often unreachable.
terrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NY14 March 2016
payment sucks changed payment schedule around so therapists got paid every 6 weeks instead of one month hated it worst agency I worked for stupid supervisors (BCBA)
Pros
potentially many cases
Cons
pay schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All About Kids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9