All About Kids Employee Reviews

Great experience with good people but be prepared to work hard.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lewis Center, OH17 March 2019
I love my job, but you can not have a life outside of work. Its also hard to get time off or even call off really, managment will always try to tell you that you have to come in no matter how sick you or your kids are.
Pros
Pays well, family like work environment, great boss unless you call off alot
Cons
Long work hours, the schedule could be better
Staff and families are great to work with. The big bosses aren’t so friendly.
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Union, KY24 December 2018
Loved working here. Left to stay home with my children. Environment started to get really stressful. A lot of changes were happening all at once. It’s a Monday thru Friday place and off on major holidays.
Good Company
Billing Clerk/Administrative Assistant – Insurance (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY29 November 2018
Worked with a good group of people. unable to make up hours. management was great until new human resources. learned a lot during my time there. there was a little bit of growth in the company.
Fun Work place
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA24 November 2018
I worked there 13 yrs.Great Fun place to work.Great workers and Director love the kids such an amazing characters great to be around each day.Parents are a as well.
Pros
Great Enivorment
Cons
Need more breaks
Low rate of pay for ABA therapists and you might not get paid at all
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  NYC2 November 2018
As an ABA therapist on and off for years with this company I saw a lot. ABA supervisiors change constantly and are hard to get in touch with because they are overworked and overwhelmed. It seems they can never manage to have more that one ABA supervisor employed in the whole company a time, which means they have to be all over the city and in Long Island. They quit yearly on average. As a therapist, you better know what you’re doing because they won’t be able to provide support. The rate of pay is lower than competitors and the billing department is horrible. Therapists are paid monthly and occassionally you could hand in all of your required billing paperwork (yes, session notes are still actual PAPER that needs to be faxed and mailed) and not get a check that month. When you call to demand your pay you will get the run around and no one will care that you are waiting on money you earned. This has happened to several therapists I know. Management does not care about administrative staff and the low morale and high turnover rates show it. Getting staffed on a case is an incredibly disorganized process. There are so many ways this company could improve but the owners don’t seem to care.
Pros
The kids we work with
Cons
Billing dept, lack of supervision
Decent place to work.
Substitute teacher/floater (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OH21 October 2018
• Attended all scheduled staff meetings.
• Worked as a team with other teachers and volunteers.
• Handled all incidents in a manner appropriate to training.
• Performed other duties as assigned.
• Create and implement lesson plans in order to educate and engage students.
• Provided basic care needs, including supplying proper nutrition, performed cleaning duties, and dealing with behavioral issues.
• Monitored constant surveillance of students, as well as behaviors and activities.
I was a clinical fellow there a year ago and this place is terrible.
Clinical Fellow Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY19 October 2018
A year ago, I was a clinical fellow here and I was traveling town to town with no compensation for gas. I had full days with no break (my breaks were driving) and it was the lowest paying clinical fellowship I've heard of (and all of my graduate school friends). The quick-paced, busy days would be worth it if they weren't paying me so low of a salary. I didn't receive compensation for writing reports or gas, which really took a toll on my bank account and sanity. Also, they don't tell you this at the interview or meeting of course, but you get paid monthly and you do not get paid for the first two months of working, so if you're planning on working here, make sure you have money saved up those first two months. I didn't find this out until after I signed the contract. Every branch of management is absolutely horrendous and they never know the answer to your very important questions. it is ridiculous. You feel alone and isolated. However, the staffed supervisors are great. Very helpful and always answer questions. You can 100% find a better clinical fellowship in the area.
Pros
supervising is great
Cons
everything else
Productive and fun learning place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FL16 August 2018
The environment was inviting and friendly. I learned a lot about myself and the type of work I can provide to others. The management was always available and very easy to talk to. The population of the children was very diverse, which I loved. The parents were always nice and attentive to any news about their children. The hardest part of the job were the extracurricular requirements and deadlines. The most enjoyable part was the happiness and joy that was brought to each child every day.
Disorganized Management
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn13 August 2018
It is sad to see the company's name is truly not about the kids. Every company has to make a profit but the CEOs are truly all about the money. Management is lacking, supervision is non existant and most staff members stay because they don't have a degree to move on.
Pros
Absolutley nothing
Cons
Inconsistencies in management decisions, no room for advancement, no raises
Eh
SEIT (Former Employee) –  Queens, NY3 July 2018
Started working here when I had my first child. It's good as a part-time flexible job. But it's so confusing. They keep changing paperwork and people. They'll call you a ton of times to get you to take on a case but if you have a question or need some information...good luck. You're basically on your own. I have yet to meet a single employee face to face aside from the first time during the hiring process. That was like 6 or 7 years ago.
Pros
No bosses over your shoulder, flexible, convenient hours
Cons
All by yooooouuurself!
A family run business, and all the drama that goes with it
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Liberty Townshp, OH27 March 2018
A tough place to fit into. Family owned and operated, which means your interests are last behind all of their adult children that work there. The children are wonderful, the adults not so much.
Pros
Discounted childcare, awesome kids, long breaks
Cons
Poor management, low wages
Disorganized and unprofessional work environment
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NY1 February 2018
All About Kids was by far the worst place I have ever worked for. I felt like I was doing the job of 2 or 3 people. Yes, the stress level was high (there is stress in every type of job) but upper management was unsupportive. The CEO only cared about one thing: money. Management is unprofessional; there is a lack of communication between upper management and staff. Management would talk badly about other staff members while not present (how can you expect staff members to act professionally when management sets a bad example?). Staff members were very gossipy and rude instead of being supportive to each other. Providers probably felt that administrative staff was unsupportive because some admin staff were spread SO thin. The only positive thing I can say is most therapists worked very hard to provide services to the children in need. The best part about working here was leaving!
Pros
Cons
everything
AAK Wins Worst Company to Work for Award
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Here there and everywhere29 January 2018
I am not even sure where to begin...
This is the most disorganized and unprofessional company I have had the displeasure of working for. In my short time there, I experienced firsthand the lack of communication and efficiency between the owners and managerial staff. Employees are overworked. People quit left and right and their responsibilities just get indefinitely dumped on the poor employees who can't afford to quit.
The owners are all about the $$.. which completely contradicts their new motto "AAK Cares"... yup... AAK Cares about the money money money... ruthless and despicable.
All the positive reviews written on this website are from current employees who were asked to write them...
The marketing director's review comes directly from the owner's son... hmmm
I could write a dissertation on what this company does wrong, but I've wasted enough time.
As for therapists... if you need supervision or support... this is NOT the company for you. It is impossible to reach a supervisor and get a clear answer. (if there are any of those left anyway). As for getting paid... you better make sure you dot your I's and cross your T's and not make the slightest mistake on your paperwork... otherwise you"ll have to wait for the next pay cycle, or beg someone in HR.

If you value your sanity... stay far far away.
Pros
Cons
everything you can imagine
happy
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH29 December 2017
Great co-workers, wounderful kids and parents! Owner is always aware of the parents and workers. Supervisor not very open and cheerful, other mangers in good spirts, willing to answer question if need to.
Great work-life balance. Fair pay. Room for Growth.
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NY30 October 2017
I have been working at All About Kids full time. The workplace culture is excellent and extremely conducive to productivity. Like any company, the job comes with challenges but management wants nothing more than to see employees succeed. The internal structure is set up smoothly to allow effective communication between departments. Unlimited room to grow.
Pros
reasonable hours, room for growth, great salary, great communication
Hostile work environment/Very Disorganized
Staff (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NY25 October 2017
Very low pay, lack of training, employees are miserable, they don't offer raises or bonuses, only 10 vacation days for the first 3 years, sick days never increase and either do personal days, the positive ratings on here are from staff that were asked to write a positive review, management does not make an effort to listen to its employees nor do they seem to care about its employees, the health and dental insurance is horrible and very expensive, they are not "all about kids," they care only about money and how to save a penny.
This place was awful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OH31 July 2017
I worked her for 4 months. They terminated my employment due to having a doctor's appointment. But instead of just telling me they said I can be an "on call employee. Then they sent me a letter of termination a month later.
Pros
Great kids
Cons
Theyre not understanding or compassionate
Co-workers amazing, Corporate horrific
clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY22 June 2017
I felt my coworkers were helpful. I didn't feel challenge. Wasn't much of a learning experience. management had favorites. I appreciate some supervisors who always helped.Personally Early Intervention has its flaws as a whole. But this agency is not practical. They see parents as a dollar value and squezze every oz. they can from the workers and the parents. Therapist are constantly complaining that they arent getting paid and well the employees bless there hearts (not management) the operations team try with what little they have. The turn over is insane and although many try to stay and make it work this company is a dead end. Like i said E.I. has many flaws but companies like this don't make it any easier. stay away from this agency whether your a therapist or a parent. although a small community their are many agency to choose from avoid the aggravation its not worth it.
My review of Sunflower Kidz Da Care
Early Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NY27 May 2017
I come at 8 a.m, sometimes 7:30 a.m, to work. I have learned to work as a team member. I have learned how to manage staff. I have learned how to manage difficulties when they arise. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how the children grow over a period of time.
Pros
working with dedicated staff
Cons
no health benefits
Learning Center Summer Fun
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OH11 April 2017
I had a lot of fun getting to know my kids, their families and coworkers. I am excited to return this summer. We went on field trips, created lesson plans and executed them. I was always excited to see my kids as they were excited to see me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All About Kids. Our community is ready to answer.