All About Eyes Employee Reviews

Rockford, IL Store Manager is cut-throat
Optician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL31 May 2018
Store Manager is only interested in her advancement in the company. The store runs employments ads on a regular basis. Pay rate is low. They push sales on glasses for a small commission to increase your pay.
Love working here
Insurance Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Normal, IL26 May 2018
Hard work is rewarded at this company. Wonderful work life balance and nice benefits are offered to employees. Fun, relaxed yet professional corporate environment to be in.
Pros
Everything I love this job
Cons
Great work environment under great management!
Optician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, IL22 May 2018
Enjoyed the opportunity to work for a company that allowed growth. Always an opportunity to learn more as well, advancement for technology & procedures were always available.
Good Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, IL27 December 2017
Good place to work. Good atmosphere and lots of chances to prove yourself. There are also a good amount of opportunities to advance up in the company.
Assembly/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL10 October 2017
This factory definitely can be very relaxed and laid back. The people are awesome and easy going but it is hard to have a family with young kids if you work here.
Great place to work.
Drs Tech/optician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL16 August 2017
All About Eyes is a great company to work for. It has a very laid back but still professional atmosphere. They are very flexible when it comes to scheduling and will work with you if needed.
Pros
Great employee discount
Nice atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IA27 June 2017
Good place to work, good job security, but must be very good with time management to get ahead. If you start as an optician, a job you haven't had previously, you will learn a lot medically about eyes(diseases). Extensive training as well.
Pros
Traveling expenses if any are very well paid out.
Cons
Healthcare is highpriced
Good Place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Moline, IL1 June 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with patients and my co workers. Very clean and professional atmosphere. Everything was learned at job so I didn't have to go to school and pay money for it.
good
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IA18 July 2016
its a good company just hours don't work for me. if the hours were a little different and worked for my daycare hours I would continue on with this company everyone is great!!
hard working company that requires a lot from their employees
Assistant Manager/ Optician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL13 September 2015
This job required that I work on a contract of typically 50 hours per week, from open to close, typically 6 days a week. I did not mind the work, nor the small amount i made in commissions on top of my salary. I do feel that the amount of work put into this job, was not rewarded justly. The management was sub par. Splitting one manager between up two 3 locations at a time, with about 50-100 miles between them. My coworkers were quite pleasant, and it made my job enjoyable. My day consisted of assisting the doctor in appointments, billing insurance companies for our services, and helping patients select what glasses were right for them. I enjoyed helping the patients find something they could be really happy with.
Pros
discounted glasses
Cons
Minimal Benefits, lack of work/life balance.
Was a fantastic place of employement.
Optician (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, IL5 February 2015
I enjoyed everything about this job. I learned everything i needed to know about the job in a very short period of time. The job days were busy, and that is something I enjoy. I did not find any part of the job to be hard to learn or accomplish.
Productive and fun workplace
Optician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IA21 October 2013
Enjoyed working for this company they were a great group of people to work with. We always stayed busy and learned new advancements in the company.
Fun Place to work but long hours
Optician/Sales (Current Employee) –  Champaign, IL6 October 2013
I love working with these girls and that upper Management is nice, the hours are just long and staffing in minimal
Productive, fast paced environment with many fun people
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL20 May 2013
I would open up the lab at 6:00am, then get right to work, looking over patient information and setting up jobs for the employees. I worked a 10 hour shift. Alot of the time was spent supervising my employees, to make sure the tasks at hand were completed quickly and properly. Putting out a great quality product was our number 1 priority. I liked my co-workers and we remain friends to this day. Our managment team was precise and thourough. I learnrd alot of skills from this job, mainly in how to supervise properly and keep everything organized. The hardest part of the job, was working around machine problems or computer problems, in order to get the product out in time. The best part, was the freedom and my employees.
Pros
Freedom to work at my pace and organize the way I saw fit.
Productive work place
Optician (Former Employee) –  Moline, IL3 January 2013
A typical day at work was always interesting, you meet new people everyday,
Pros
good money
Cons
work all weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All About Eyes. Our community is ready to answer.