Algonquin Resort Employee Reviews

Good expirence, Bad time
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB30 January 2019
Great place to work and a wonderful experience. Management and HR do not deal well with employees with mental illnesses. if you decide to work here be prepared to not have any time off or change any shifts on your schedule. Very strict about changing shifts and hours that you work.
Professional organisation
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB20 October 2018
Very passionate concerning Hotel management, Guest relations,
Pros
Objectifs realisation
Cons
Need always more than objectifs vised
Productive and Fun workplace
Porter/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB16 October 2018
The Company is located in small town in Saint Andrew New Brunswick. I worked as a porter and a waiter, Working this hotel is very fun and interesting. I got to many different people from around the world.
Pros
Free Lunch and Accomodations
Cons
Long Hour or very Short Hours
Perfect place to kick off a hospitality career
Night Auditor/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB4 February 2018
Spent over 2 years here and loved every minute I was there. Great property you can learn so much from. The hotel so rich with history makes for the perfect spot to vacation or work.
Pros
affordable staff residence
Cons
very quiet and not busy for some seasons
Ambiente optimo para estudiantes
Estudiante Practicante (Former Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB, Canada7 January 2018
The Algoquin Hotefue una gran empresa para practicas, ya que te dan la oportunidad de intentar todo y el personal da lo mejor para enseƱarte cualquier escenario propio de un hotel
Pros
Descansos optimos, horario flexible
Cons
Sin paga
amazing experience
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, NB30 May 2017
I learned a lot being here, the staff and supervisors were very supportive and encouraging during and after shifts. you can go to them for anything. it was a beautiful location, great people, amazing environment!
Pros
felt like home
Cons
random hours
alright
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB6 May 2017
could have been better, if you are a seasonal worker, you get minimum wage with almost no raise, no medical benefits, the reason why i am no longer there is because there were no benefits and i have medical bills of over 500 a month. and only a 3% raise. if possible go for a full time position, but there are only so many. and you do not get full hours in the winter.
Interesting and meet new people daily
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB27 March 2017
Employed during Renovations so my position included the cleanup of rooms after construction workers work was comepleted as well as cleaning of the occasional guest room or suite when there were groups or weddings on the weekends. I was unfortunately not an employee at the time renovations were comepleted. The hardest part of the job was when certain rooms were extremely dirty from either being closed for a lengthy period of time or the construction workers did a large amount of work in the rooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we could be outside briefly when walking from different areas of the hotel.
Pros
Discounts in Restaurant and Spa
Cons
Extremely soiled rooms post renovations
Good job, bad management
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB2 November 2016
Great job, terrible management. Would play to his favorites, even if they were inferior employees. Having golf course and hotel separate also made it difficult to get things done.
great staff
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB22 June 2016
A typical day at work starts out by stocking my cart and cleaning rooms, I make beds, clean bathrooms, vacuum floors, and gather various amenities for guests I just cant perform as quickly as needed because of my body as i have a medical condition that I have a hard time with my foot/ ankle so I have had a sprain due to stress on it from walking 20 k steps a day, the Hotel is massive, It is probably the worst part of the job, Having it so vast and big, I love working with my co workers, they make my job enjoyable,
Pros
helpful, cheerful, honest
Cons
failing to tell me what I need to do to better myself.
Like nothing else
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, NB29 May 2016
St Andrews and the Algonquin Hotel are simply amazing. Beautiful area and town. The management are passionate about the property and about their employees.
Fast Paced and challenge
1st cook (Former Employee) –  Saint-Andrews, New-Brunswick28 November 2015
Great place to work, very busy in the summer months doing up to 275 covers a night from the restaurant line with a small team. Wonderful team, very supportive and everyone loves working together. High levels of professionalism and dedication to the job. Although there is a great deal of politics and this can very easily get in the way of proper discipline and can effect work being done.

I'm leaving with a lot of experience in all parts of the kitchen, I have grown as a cook a great deal because of the staff at the Algonquin.
Pros
Room to be creative
Cons
A lot of politics with management
Experience as Supervisor for F & B
Supervisor for Food & Beverages (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, NB18 August 2015
I was the supervisor for F & B at the Algonquin last summer, It was an excellent challenge to work in fine dining, Lunch and Breakfast in the Braxton restaurant and lounge. I managed a series of staff members, hostess, servers and bartenders etc. I gained a great deal of management experience and implemented my service excellence skills.
Pros
Hospitality, Languages, and Tourism
Cons
Low pay, benefits
Very Enjoyable work environment and people
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB10 May 2015
i was very happy while employed here the people are great the environment is great and i would happily have stayed had it not been for vehicle troubles