Algonquin Park Services Employee Reviews

This company is a joke.
Would never work here (Former Employee) –  Algonquin Park, ON6 February 2019
The manager that runs this company is the biggest fat joke. I had an interview and was offered a position. I agreed and when I came to start my first day, he tried to cut and under pay me. The manager will go after you for any cents that is missing from an end of day shift. The manager made his cleaning staff bring there own supplies and rags to clean and were not compensated for it. This is an unsafe work environment with no training or proper regulations / policies followed. The managers vehicles are so unsafe if you google the company. You will see the law suit and the driver of a motorcycle that they almost killed for there unsafe vehicles. The manager brings his personal life into work all the time. This company runs most of the campgrounds but the other contractor had a well run operation. How Algonquin park services got that contract is a joke! The warden truck broke down and he wouldn’t replace or fix it and made us drive around in our own personal vehicles to patrol expecting us to use our own gas.

Unfair wages
No paid overtime but will be asked to work it
Unsafe vehicles
No training
Supply own supplies
Waiter to his services and food order from the 2 rivers store.
Take his sewage tank for a drive to empty.
If you feel this is a job fir you. Sign on up. Best of luck to you and the whole operation
Pros
Being In Algonquin
Cons
Terrible company
Bad Company
Park (Former Employee) –  Whitney, ON13 December 2018
Horrible management
Awful pay
NO job security
Will not pay overtime
Unsafe work conditions

Highly unrecommended to work with this outfit. Many employees have been fired for very little reason, the MOL has been all over the company for the poor business ethic, unsafe vehicles etc.. Managers are absolutely awful. Unfortunately many times employees are fooled by management to come work for this company but do yourself a huge favour and do not work here. Do not believe what is told you during interviews or job offers or even expect a formal job offer with reasonable pay. They will short you on overtime hours to avoid having to pay you time and a half. You will be expected to sign contracts voiding any overtime hours and even upon agreement to get your overtime pay it will take forever to be granted.

Do yourselves a huge favour and DO NOT work for these people
Cons
Terrible management, Short on pay, unsuitable equipment, unsafe vehicles(google this)
out door work
Operations manager, and Park Warden (Current Employee) –  Warden, ON22 January 2018
anyone would love to work in Algonquin Provincial park . ive been there for 36 years and is like my second home.
like any jobs there is ups and downs but most is up
it was very fun I also learned alot
Maintenance Worker/Woodyard supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON7 December 2017
I loved working with all the new people from all over the world and it was a great workout lifting firewood all day and I like to keep busy by working on things and there I was always busy.
Pros
Cons
outdoor work