Algonquin College Employee Review

View all Algonquin College reviews

Great introduction into the working world
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON12 October 2013
Throughout this position, I had learned how to manage social media accounts on a professional level, put together marketing and advertising packages, and complete and create promotional strategies.
Management and coworkers were all excellent to work with, and the office maintained a welcome and friendly atmosphere.

Other Algonquin College Employee Reviews

Can't say enough positive things about Algonquin!
Project & Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2018
Although I was on a recurring two-week contract (very stressful) I have never had a better place to work. I have learned so much working with the staff at Algonquin and appreciate every minute of it. A very amazing place to work that is unlike any other.
Good workplace culture, management seems to care.
Part-time Professor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2018
Under trying circumstances, with many competing objectives and goals, management walks the tightrope of managing and guiding its employees.
Teaching is a privilege, not a right - always privileged to arrive in front of a class of students ready to learn.
Hardest part of the job, no matter how hard you try, there is no possible way to please every single student - statistically, some students just won't like you or your teaching style.
Best part of the job - continuous self improvement by the challenge of teaching - a different challenge every single time you step into the classroom.
Pros
The joy of teaching.
Cons
Handing back graded material and having to explain your grading to students.