Algonquin College

Algonquin College Employee Reviews

Working at Algonquin College was one of the best jobs I ever had. I liked teaching classes and helping students out. I'd love to get back and do this.
Pros
Great staff, salary, benefits.
Cons
can't think of any.
Algonquin college provides all the necessary skills in order to feel competent and confident when entering your field of study. The professors are kind and understanding.
Pros
Great knowledge
Cons
High cost for program
I worked at Algonquin College for 27 years. It was an excellent place to work. Excellent management, flexibility, fair wages and benefits. I loved working with my students and had great co-workers. I had an excellent dean.
Pros
Excellent wages and benefits, excellent healthcare plan and flexible hours
Cons
We worked on various events, which were well planned and organized, The manager is good and has good work ethics. The overall experience working at Algonquin college was amazing.
Algonquin College is always known for excellence as professors contribute more to all over the development of students. student lean new things and utilize the skills in a real environment is the main priority of the college and management.
Good experience and i loved it for 14 years. I recommend it. I loved teaching adult students. Less stressful than teaching young children. The supervisors were the best.
It was an amazing experience where staff was always willing to help to set up account or even connect me with other professionals. Everyday for was was an opportunity to learn something new and refresh things that I had learned in class but did not get the chance to practice or explain to somebody else.
Pros
Flexible timing
great environment to learn and work. the team is fairly agile but decision making has bottleneck and very slow. there needs to be a more agile approach. the people are freiendly
It was an environment that one could learn technology. Very collaborative setting, being school enviroonmment. I was exposed to so many learning enviroonment and was willing and ready to learn.
This is a good college, the staff is friendly. A lot more work is needed to done towards hiring minority professors and recruitment of minority students in the Architecture/construction/engineering fields. This would inspire minority students to gain confidence and perform better in their careers.
Working at Algonquin is both challenging and rewarding. The organization is very well structured and the programs are top notch. The college value experienced hands and all contributions are always welcome. Students are also treated with respect and I have observed that the students operate to very high standards especially in the School of Advanced Technology where I teach.
One particular department has an impossible and tyrannical situation, lots of problems, trust issues, lip service, unable to engage staff, communicate and collaborate. Overall the one questionable departmental could improve their values, ethics, integrity, and management performance. This place has very unique problems that won't be resolved until they change the management regime within the department in question. Some jobs are un-manageable and this may be one of them. Be cautious and do your industrial networking prior to accepting an offer, otherwise, you may find yourself in a bad situation.
I love working at my workplace. It is stress free and the staff is very cooperative and helpful. People from diffreent cultures work here and respect each other's culture.
I was a student in Algonquin, though each assignment in our courses was treated as work and a task, therefore, this questionnaire does not reflect my experience as a worker in Algonquin College
Algonquin College has jobs that are super flexible and accommodating for students. However, the salary is a low union wage. Management within the Student Learning Centre are great!
It was stressful but in a good way and kept me on my toes. would highly recommend working there because it takes you out of your comfort zone and helps you build character as well as coping mechanisms in being in a job like this that you take with you forever.
I worked there for about a year on a part-time contract, but I have heard that most of the senior management was replaced since I left. Generally it was difficult to get anything done since management was lollygagging most of the time or flinging mud at each other.
Working with the professors of the college to try and solve common student problems was a very helpful way to gain more experience and get connected with more students.
Starting my foreigner career as a part-time professor at Algonquin College is being really a wonderful experience, not only because of the institution itself, world-wide known, but because of the people: from students to professors and staff, all they practice its values (Caring, Integrity, Respect, and Learning), helping to create an exciting environment that aims "to transform hopes and dreams into lifelong success".
I Highly recommend as a great employer HR team is top notch, excellent communication to employees and supportive management team best website support for staff
It was always a pleasure working at Algonquin. My students always greeted me with a smile and a warm heart. My co-workers were always supportive and helped me whenever I needed the answers. I loved going to work because everyday was something new. I learned that as a teacher, it isn't always about being serious, but its about earning something new from your students in order to grow together.
  1. Employee reviews