Algonquin College

Algonquin College Employee Reviews

Canada212 reviews
Place to learn more
Algonquin College is always known for excellence as professors contribute more to all over the development of students. student lean new things and utilize the skills in a real environment is the main priority of the college and management.
Professional work
Good experience and i loved it for 14 years. I recommend it. I loved teaching adult students. Less stressful than teaching young children.
The supervisors were the best.
It was an amazing experience where staff was always willing to help to set up account or even connect me with other professionals. Everyday for was was an opportunity to learn something new and refresh things that I had learned in class but did not get the chance to practice or explain to somebody else.
Pros
Flexible timing
okay
great environment to learn and work. the team is fairly agile but decision making has bottleneck and very slow. there needs to be a more agile approach. the people are freiendly
Very collaborative setting, being school enviroonmment.
It was an environment that one could learn technology.

Very collaborative setting, being school enviroonmment.

I was exposed to so many learning enviroonment and was willing and ready to learn.
The system is well set for success
This is a good college, the staff is friendly. A lot more work is needed to done towards hiring minority professors and recruitment of minority students in the Architecture/construction/engineering fields. This would inspire minority students to gain confidence and perform better in their careers.
Great place!
Working at Algonquin is both challenging and rewarding. The organization is very well structured and the programs are top notch. The college value experienced hands and all contributions are always welcome. Students are also treated with respect and I have observed that the students operate to very high standards especially in the School of Advanced Technology where I teach.
Be Careful, some things ain’t what they seem.
One particular department has an impossible and tyrannical situation, lots of problems, trust issues, lip service, unable to engage staff, communicate and collaborate. Overall the one questionable departmental could improve their values, ethics, integrity, and management performance. This place has very unique problems that won't be resolved until they change the management regime within the department in question. Some jobs are un-manageable and this may be one of them. Be cautious and do your industrial networking prior to accepting an offer, otherwise, you may find yourself in a bad situation.
workplace is friendly
I love working at my workplace. It is stress free and the staff is very cooperative and helpful. People from diffreent cultures work here and respect each other's culture.
I didn't work at Algonquin
I was a student in Algonquin, though each assignment in our courses was treated as work and a task, therefore, this questionnaire does not reflect my experience as a worker in Algonquin College
Comfortable Employment for Students
Algonquin College has jobs that are super flexible and accommodating for students. However, the salary is a low union wage. Management within the Student Learning Centre are great!
good place to work
It was stressful but in a good way and kept me on my toes. would highly recommend working there because it takes you out of your comfort zone and helps you build character as well as coping mechanisms in being in a job like this that you take with you forever.
Things may have improved since I worked there...
I worked there for about a year on a part-time contract, but I have heard that most of the senior management was replaced since I left. Generally it was difficult to get anything done since management was lollygagging most of the time or flinging mud at each other.
It was a great way to gain more experience.
Working with the professors of the college to try and solve common student problems was a very helpful way to gain more experience and get connected with more students.
Algonquin College can transform your experience
Starting my foreigner career as a part-time professor at Algonquin College is being really a wonderful experience, not only because of the institution itself, world-wide known, but because of the people: from students to professors and staff, all they practice its values (Caring, Integrity, Respect, and Learning), helping to create an exciting environment that aims "to transform hopes and dreams into lifelong success".
Excellent top employer
I Highly recommend as a great employer HR team is top notch, excellent communication to employees and supportive management team best website support for staff
A fast paced yet friendly environment
It was always a pleasure working at Algonquin. My students always greeted me with a smile and a warm heart. My co-workers were always supportive and helped me whenever I needed the answers. I loved going to work because everyday was something new. I learned that as a teacher, it isn't always about being serious, but its about earning something new from your students in order to grow together.
Great place to work but management needs work
The Pembroke campus is a great place to work, Ottawa campus is terrible. It is a very welcoming, family type atmosphere in Pembroke, not at all in Ottawa. Pembroke Management needs some work and maybe a course on employee relations and treatment but the team is changing so I'm not sure anymore. Overall great place to work.
Team Environment
Great team environment. Busy college with great support. Lot's of places to eat and take a break...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...
great
Loved the staff Employees pay rate
Everyone well trained at this place job was respected

you were treated well

They cared for family and friends personal life here

Downside the retirement packages and medical were not offered or child care benefits
Team-based work environment
Algonquin was a wonderful place to work as it was team-based oriented. You were always able to find another staff member that was there for additional support.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Algonquin College. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3