Algoma Family Services

Working at Algoma Family Services: 5 Algoma Family Services Reviews

Canada5 reviews

The culture is very open and someone is always there to help. They have a great work/life balance. Your case load can get pretty heavy,but management is very supportive

Pros

Supportive Management

Cons

Large case loads, contact work

Enjoyable

I volunteered for AFS and their youth mentorship program. It was well lead and well managed. I loved my group leaders and felt appreciated by them and the kids.

Pros

Free snacks

Insights into Algoma Family Services

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive, fun, and focused.

I worked as a volunteer here for a little over a year. We worked to reduce the social stigma that surrounds mental health and mental illness. We planned public events in the Station Mall and in schools around the Sault. We handed out pamphlets and spoke to audiences in an attempt to share our message.We met once, sometimes twice, a week with around 6 other members. We would plan our events and talk about other important matters, such as information on different mental illnesses we had gathered.

Pros

focused, the whole team was devoted.

Cons

sometimes chaotic.

Working with needing children is very rewarding

A typical day with AFS is facilitated by the individual child's plan. As a foster parent our home works with the program coordinator using a point and level model to help reshape behaviors and social skills, while providing a safe family environment for the child to live in.There are many approaches one can take when working with at-risk children.The management is avalilble 24/7 to assist us.My co-work is the best, She is my wife and we work great together.Seeing some of these children fail.Seeing most of these children succeed.

Pros

.24/7 support from management

Cons

most placements are short trem, six to nine months.

Productive and fun workplace

Great benefit package for full time employees. Supportive and educated management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Algoma Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement