Algaecal Employee Reviews

Great opportunities and an awesome team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 October 2018
I started working at AlgaeCal about a year and a half ago and I am genuinely amazed at how much I've learned and grown in that time. There is a big emphasis on development, and each person’s unique skills and strengths are nurtured and supported.

The vibe is also very inclusive - we all get on so well and love spending time with each other, both in and outside the office. I can honestly say that I work with the kindest, most caring and fun group of people!
Pros
Development opportunities, conferences, courses, team trips, lunches, new tech, office dog
Cons
Lots of work to do - but we work really well together to get it done!
Fantastic work environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 October 2018
I feel very privileged to work at such a wonderful company.
Not only do you get to really impact peoples lives in a truly positive way, you also get to have great fun in the process!

There is a very nurturing environment at AlgaeCal. They are willing to invest large amounts of time, money and energy into their staff in order to help them grow. From leadership workshops, to intensive marketing programs, AlgaeCal is willing to invest its resources to further develop your skills, whilst also making you a more valuable asset to the team in the process!
Pros
Team lunches, team trips, great office location, competitive salary, all new computers/office equipment
Very positive, uplifting environment. Great people, & management.
Bone Health Consultant (Current Employee) –  Remote4 October 2018
Hello! I've been working with AlgaeCal for over two years now and it has been an amazing experience.

AlgaeCal is a company that runs at 150 miles an hour. The work environment is positive, and fun loving, yet challenging - constant improvement and growth are always on the horizon! You will never be bored!

Management are always guiding you to improve yourself and perform to the best of your ability. Their products actually work, so you can feel 100% confident and proud in what you do.

Basically, what you put in, is what you will get back with AlgaeCal. If you are the type of person who will go above and beyond, you will be rewarded.
Pros
- Positive working environment, Team lunches, Trips, growth & advancement opportunities
Cons
- can be a little too fast paced at times!
The TRUE "Work Hard Play Hard" :)
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2018
AlgaeCal is a supportive, high-energy group you genuinely love to work with.

I've worked in several offices and none can touch the feeling of camaraderie and fun you experience at AlgaeCal.

This is the ONE company that actually does practice "work hard, play hard", as evidenced by a never-ending list of things to accomplish, and then team trips to Osoyoos and/or Whistler and an annual trip to Cabo at the end of the year (Yes, Cabo in Mexico.)

AlgaeCal is dead-set on hiring the best people that fit with their culture, and for good reason. Everyone truly gets along with one another and it makes working there so much more enjoyable than your average employer.
Pros
Team lunches, annual team trips, increasing responsibility, casual dress code, up-to-date technology
Cons
Sometimes lots of meetings
Positive work environment and lots of room for growth!
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2018
I started at AlgaeCal just about 2 years ago in the customer care team as a Bone Health Consultant with little knowledge about the product and what it does. The more I learned the more passionate I became about helping people suffering with osteoporosis. I'm proud to represent a product that actually makes a difference.

About a year in I was promoted into the Social Media Specialist position and have found my groove here - AlgaeCal is definitely a place where you will learn (a lot!) and have plenty of opportunities.
Pros
Team lunches, wonderful coworkers, team bonding trips, room for growth, benefits for natural treatments
Cons
We're growing so there's a lot to do and this can mean extended hours, but it's also a great sign for things to come
Amazing culture and truly caring team
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2018
The culture at AlgaeCal is amazing. The CEO and COO work so hard to keep the environment as a place where you can grow with the support that you need. And you can truly see the fruits of their hard work - every member of the team is caring and goes above and beyond!

I'm very happy to be working in AlgaeCal and it's fast-paced environment. There's always so much to do and you're constantly being learning new things and gaining valuable experience! Hard work is definitely noticed and valued and opportunities are endless.
Pros
Team Lunches few times a week, annual team trip, conferences paid by company, wonderful work environment, conveniently located office (near skytrain)
Cons
Fast-paced, constantly challenging environment - This isn't really a con if you are interested in growing!
Great working environment with plenty of room for growth and appreciation for each team member's contribution!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Remote3 October 2017
I can truly say I enjoy working for AlgaeCal. It's a company that really cares. That company value applies to both their view of customers and employees. Every employee has room to grow as they hone their skill and specialty. The pace is fast but the rewards are great. The culture of the company is business in the front, party in the back. That's shown by the effort and quality of work everyone puts in during the day, along with the relaxing and enjoyable team events like, picnics, dinners, team lunch every Friday, annual fully paid destination trip and paid ongoing training. No two days are ever the same. Every employee's role contributes to the success of the company and is appreciated and valued. Team meetings showcase what everyone has been working on and is a regular opportunity for commendation.
Pros
Delicious team lunch every Friday, annual destination team trip, company paid ongoing training
Cons
Fast paced environment - only a con if you aren't interested in working hard
Great people that genuinely care about the people they serve as well as their employees
SEO Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 October 2017
AlgaeCal provides a warm environment to work in, and this is fostered through every single employee. You will always feel supported and that you are a part of a team that works hard together to achieve personal and professional goals.

I'm happy to be working here where I feel valued, and where I get the chance to be a part of helping people live happier and healthier lives.

The CEO and COO truly dedicate their time to all those that they serve with their encouragement and understanding and are always finding ways to improve.
Pros
Team lunch, team trips, supportive team atmosphere, attend conferences out of town
Cons
There is always a lot of work to do, but you will always have help to get you through it.
Truly making a difference in people's lives
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 October 2017
What initially attracted me to AlgaeCal almost 4 years ago now was the quality of the products and the mission to help as many people as possible reclaim their bone health, naturally. Today, we not only continue to do that but we consistently go above and beyond industry standards to provide the best experience for our customers - simply because we care. The team culture, opportunity for learning and career advancement make it the best company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Organic Friday lunches, opportunity for advancement, courses and conferences to learn
Cons
Not corporate

Want to know more about Algaecal?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Algaecal. Our community is ready to answer.

Algaecal Reviews by Location