Alectra Utilities

Alectra Utilities Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working at Alectra, had a really good team with friendly team members. Workplace culture is diverse , able to get in touch with other good energy and utility companies to learn
Alectra Utilities employs bright, energetic and customer-focused people who help bring our exciting mission as a new industry-leading electricity distribution and renewable energy company to life. We pride ourselves on an inclusive workplace, with a strong commitment to employee development. Alectra Utilities embraces diversity, welcomes innovation, recognizes talent, and offers a fair and transparent recruitment process that provides equal opportunity to all. Our employees enjoy: Competitive wages and comprehensive benefits and pension plans Opportunities for personal growth and leadership development A dynamic and progressive work environment
Great place to work. I am four years into my career with Alectra Utilities Inc. Great pay, Benefits and work-life balance. The poeple you work with are unique and push you to be the best you can be.
Alectra Mississauga is an outstanding place to work. The culture there is incredible. The operations team work together as a team and it was a pleasure working with them all. Thank you for the amazing experience.
Good spot to work. Paid fairly. Most management is good. Good morale around the shop. If I didn’t need to relocate I would have no problem staying with Alectra until retirement.
Had a great time working for this company. So much to learn, grow, and develop as an individual. The work culture is very receptive depending on which location you work at. Overall experience was great!
Wonderful place of employment. Management offered support and guidance. Alectra Utilities outlines positions and asks employees to wear multiple hats which I enjoyed.
I enjoy working in Alectra Utilities - Credit & Collections department as the team I work are professionals and helping, its fun working here. I love working in collections.
Pros
5 days 7 hrs/day
Cons
n/a
Alectra was a great place to work. Light atmosphere, and great people. Management has been understanding and phenomenal in pushing me to always be my best. Hardest part of the job were Angry Customers. Best part of the job was the people I worked with, and fulfillment that came from helping customers get the resolution they needed.
Pros
Great work Environment
Cons
sometimes long days.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Alectra Utilities?
Enjoyed the summer student program, especially because I had other students to work with. My typical day involved replying to customer emails regarding pre-authorized payment forms, processing pre-authorized forms, and answering customer phone calls. I worked with an amazing department of people. The hardest part of the job was the phone calls because some customers can be difficult. Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Alectra.
Pros
subsidized cafeteria prices
Cons
repetitive work
Alectra is an above average employer and the pay, benefits and pension are good for this city. The major issue is that pay is not competitive with the rest of the GTA.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lower than average pay for the GTA
Short work days, 7 hour day. The company is only a year and a half old and due to a recent merger. It is a hydro company, partly publicly owned by the city of Mississauga, Vaughan, Hamilton, Markham, St. Catherines.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Recently formed company, processes still being formed, no collective agreement yet
Great place to work Room for improvements great management Flexible hours learn new things everyday systems needs to be upgraded easy to get along with everyone at work
I loved working for this company, my fellow employees were great and helpful, nice buildings. was not taught what i was told i would be taught which was the downside
Worked as an intern and was a little under-qualified for the position. Having said this, I had a lot of opportunities to work at my own pace and learn on the job.
Great workplace. Learned a lot working here and hope to end up full time someday. Lots of changes coming with merger but lots of good things I am sure
  1. Employee reviews