Alectra Utilities Employee Reviews

Well oiled machine
General Clerk - Contract (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 June 2019
Wonderful place of employment. Management offered support and guidance. Alectra Utilities outlines positions and asks employees to wear multiple hats which I enjoyed.
Productive and fun work place
Credit & Collection Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2019
I enjoy working in Alectra Utilities - Credit & Collections department as the team I work are professionals and helping, its fun working here. I love working in collections.
Pros
5 days 7 hrs/day
Cons
n/a
Loved it Here!!
CUSTOMER CARE REP - LEVEL 3 (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2019
Alectra was a great place to work. Light atmosphere, and great people. Management has been understanding and phenomenal in pushing me to always be my best. Hardest part of the job were Angry Customers. Best part of the job was the people I worked with, and fulfillment that came from helping customers get the resolution they needed.
Pros
Great work Environment
Cons
sometimes long days.
Good working environment with friendly co-workers
Summer Student - Customer Accounts/Billing (Former Employee) –  2185 Derry Rd W23 April 2019
Enjoyed the summer student program, especially because I had other students to work with. My typical day involved replying to customer emails regarding pre-authorized payment forms, processing pre-authorized forms, and answering customer phone calls. I worked with an amazing department of people. The hardest part of the job was the phone calls because some customers can be difficult. Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Alectra.
Pros
subsidized cafeteria prices
Cons
repetitive work
Enjoyable Workplace
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hamilton15 October 2018
Alectra is an above average employer and the pay, benefits and pension are good for this city. The major issue is that pay is not competitive with the rest of the GTA.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lower than average pay for the GTA
Administrative Assistant to President and CEO (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2018
Short work days, 7 hour day. The company is only a year and a half old and due to a recent merger. It is a hydro company, partly publicly owned by the city of Mississauga, Vaughan, Hamilton, Markham, St. Catherines.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Recently formed company, processes still being formed, no collective agreement yet
fun place
Senior Payroll administrator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 July 2018
Room for improvements
great management
Flexible hours
learn new things everyday
systems needs to be upgraded
easy to get along with everyone at work
Solid Workplace
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 May 2018
I loved working for this company, my fellow employees were great and helpful, nice buildings. was not taught what i was told i would be taught which was the downside
Quiet and manageable work environment
STATION MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 May 2018
Worked as an intern and was a little under-qualified for the position. Having said this, I had a lot of opportunities to work at my own pace and learn on the job.
Great workplace
Linesman (Former Employee) –  Vaughan15 November 2017
Great workplace. Learned a lot working here and hope to end up full time someday. Lots of changes coming with merger but lots of good things I am sure