Aldo

Aldo Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative18 reviews
Canada18 reviews
Meeting great people and having a amazing team to work with. Always make sure we are giving customers what they need and to ensure we listen to there needs and wants.
Their corporate culture is amazing and everyone is so willing to help you achieve your goals. There is constant feedback and growth opportunities in every area.
A typical day at work: me walking in probably cracking jokes with my colleagues, clock in get immediately to work, take my breaks on time and of course make it a place where everyone feels comfortable
Generally good store to work in. At the time I was there, the store manager was interested in having pretty girls and stylish guys as employees. We sold shoes.
This place is great for a student that wants to make decent stable money. The hours aren't really flexible because they go according to demand you may go from having 5 hours to 30 hours a week.
I only worked as a part time cashier. The company is very flexible especially if you are also a student. A great sense of team with all levels of management in store.
A typical day:
you come in, take calls, go on breaks, chat with coworkers in between calls, you go for lunch

What I learned:

customers are annoying

Management:

management is understaffed, supervisors never want to take calls (never), they will get frustrated with agents when customers make it clear they want to speak to supervisors

Workplace culture:

it's okay, most hire ups are super friendly

Hardest part of the job:

dealing with customers and the location itself

Enjoyable part of the job:

making new friends

Got fired for no reason and without a warning, supervisors are bitter for no reason, there's a lot of favouritism
Pros
Free food all the time
Cons
racist, stupid team managers
When I worked at Aldo, it was a fast pace store and very busy. My typical day would be helping customers find the right size of shoe they wanted. The management was very nice and understanding. The most enjoyable part of working at the Aldo store was the people I worked with. Work was also full of laughs. The hardest part of my job there was dealing with the difficult customers.
I really like Aldo it's a very nice place to work at.

Amazing staff

Very nice managers

Short breaks

Payed on breaks

Very good location

Amazing experience
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
I go to work and am able to work with people I consider like family. The company was good to work for and provided good benefits. I enjoyed working with shoes and different fashion trends.
Manager was amazing when I worked there. She was understanding and never talked down to you. Very lenient with hours as well. I didn't make a lot of money however and was sometimes left alone in the store as the only employee and had to handle the responsibilities of everyone. Not the job for me.
Pros
Cons
Don't pay enough for all that you have to do
Fun part time job, with fun and friendly staff and employees.
Great location, great discounts and latest trends available.
Like many companies, money is the bottom line. The priority was always to cut costs. Unfortunately, the first place upper management looked to accomplish this was with its employees. In my 17 months there, I witnessed countless layoffs and position cuts. I saw fellow workers get demoted and take pay cuts, and 3 months after my (voluntary) departure, over 75% of my department's middle management was laid off. Fun group of people to work with though and the offices are nice and include good amenities.
Working at the Aldo Head Office was a great experience for me. I have a lot to be great-full for. The work environment is great. It was a very stress-free work place for a job that could be sometimes stressful. The coworkers were great. Made a few friends while I was there. The supervisors are also very friendly and approachable.
However, what I found difficult to deal with was the location. Since I do not drive, I use the public transit. It is inconvenient to get to and from work. The hours are inconsistent with some days of morning shifts and others of night shifts.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
too far and inconsistent hours
I interact with customer and service their needs, thanks to my manager I have obtained new management skills, I have learned to delegate work to my fellow workers that was a management duty that I had to work on. We are a great selling team, we all help each other on the floor and work together in regards to helping our customers. The hardest part of the job is the amount of multi-tasking, but once you get the hang of it, you can do it all. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great costumer and helping them with great choices.
the most enjoyable part of this job was to offering new products to customers based on their taste
friendly management and co-workers
I have been working here for a while, and I could honestly say that I love it. I am just looking to start a career in my field. The management is great, but a bit disorganized. The hardest part of this job is the customers, and always having to please them no matter what. I love this job because this company is built on one standard, "love, respect & integrity."
Pros
Benefits, People & Knowledge.
Cons
Working holidays, weekends, and weekdays till midnight. Location.
I was very pleased to say I worked for Aldo Accessories. I have worked for there for 2 years and learned a lot from the retail environment. The employee's were very welcoming to customers and the manager was very helpful. Sadly I left Aldo Accessories to focus on my studies in high school. Thanks to Aldo Accessories, I am very much interested in retail and plan to work for retail again hopefully soon.
Pros
Helping customer and working in a helpful environment
Cons
Balancing school work and retail work