Aldo Employee Reviews

Very positive environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2018
Aldo was where I built my time management skills as well as learned how to quickly and efficiently help customers while also managing other tasks simultaneously.
Productive but long hours
Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2018
Come in on time and work overtime every day. You are only able to log in 9-5 for working hours even though you're working until 7 or later at night. Don't get recognition for your work. Everything that is done is expected of you. Even when you don't get any raise or bonuses. Only use you and keep you stagnant.
Pros
Get to travel to China but no where else
Cons
Long hours and no recognition for hard work
Toxic work place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 April 2018
Unprofessional and disrespectful management. Unnecessary stress. Finger pointing both within the department and between departments. High turnover rate, good employees are not valued but only regarded as an expense. Constant cuts, whoever is left is overloaded. Low salary, no increases. People are kept on a contract in order to avoid providing them with health insurance & other benefits. Lack of communication.
Pros
Gym & cafeteria on site
Cons
Unnecessary stress
Loved it
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Robson, BC18 April 2018
I loved working at Aldo though my manger wasn't that great i still had a great time at work. I loved shoes so it was great place to work at except for the fact that they kind of force you to wear heels.
Good work ambiance
Bureau Chef (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC17 April 2018
Poor salary, good vibe, very people oriented, good volunteering program, lots of activities, pretty great besides salaries which are very low. Good benefits.
very cut-throat
Acting Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2018
I found the competition on the sales floor to be very dog eat dog and cut-throat to the highest degree. I worked at every location at some point in the city and the sales staff were under a lot of pressure to make quota.
A typical day at work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 April 2018
I never got to work a full time job at Aldo Accessories but it was a good retail experience for me. I enjoyed talking to the customers and my co-workers.
Great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
What makes a job enjoyable is the people you work with. The team I was a part of was full of wonderful people. Very supportive and friendly. The manager and supervisors cared for their employees well-beings as well.

The job itself was alright. Like any typical retail job where you assist customers with their shopping. There was a balance between friendly and rude customers.

The only bad thing is that there is not a lot of room for advancement and you do not always get the amount of work hours you were promised. You can work there for years and remain the same position/pay. It really depends on the manager.
Pros
Good Team, Good Discount, Good Workplace Culture
Cons
Pay, Room for Advancement
Fun, customer friendly and beautiful co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 April 2018
Due to this being my first job,first and foremost the clocking in part was very interesting. Getting set and ready to take on the customers who either wanted a shoe size or different color or wanted to purchase a shoe or accessories was also very fun and interesting.
Fun retail job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 April 2018
Aldo, like any other retailer has good hours. Unlike other entry level positions for sales the store sale goals are fair and training is provided. No harsh consequences if sale goal was not meet unlike bank jobs.
Pros
discounts
Cons
low wage
Only a manager could survive on this
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 March 2018
Be prepared to buy an entire new wardrobe and shoes every 4 months to keep up with their style guide. The backrooms are dangerous. Mall hours aren't great.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2018
it was a great place to work, i learned how to build rapport and i learned how to cater to peoples needs and probe to figure out how i can cater to their lifestyle.
Poste de gérant en magasin
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2018
- Apprendre à gérer les imprévus
- Développement du leadership
- Gérer des budgets
- Gestion et formation d'employés
- Travail d'équipe
- Organisation
- Développement de stratégies de vente
-Planification d'événement ( black friday/ boxing day)
- Recrutement et formation
- Coaching
- Gestion des inventaires
- Gestion des pertes
Pros
Apprendre comment gérer une business
Cons
Salaire bas pour les compétences et le travail fait
Good place for some side money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2018
As a high school student, this was a good part time job. The management team was well organized and was supportive towards the people working there. I had fun
internal highering
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2018
During my time with The Aldo Group, there was a lot of issues with how they compensated their staff. Managers and assistant managers often made less than their sales associates because they would be working for commission; when at the same time, having to encourage the sales staff to sell more than they did. It was very nice to see that this company does mostly internal highers - if you did your job well, there was opportunity to move up the ladder. I really enjoyed working in a team environment and expanding my customer service and management skills. If you did not want to work hard, or have incredible people skills, this was not the for you.
Pros
discounts on shoes
Cons
long days/not enough pay
aucune etique
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2018
mauvais patron pas de pause lors de vente tretoire.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2018
environment was very enjoyable, hours were flexible and great for those who are students.

Their sales targets were realistic and the tools were made available to us in order to achieve them.
productive,fun, great coworkers
Junior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
A productive and fun place to work. Everyone is very welcoming and inclusive. It was a great environment, a typical day at work included putting stock away as well as helping out customers. Throughout my experience at Aldo, I have learned customer service skills, as well as determination and motivation. However one of the most important things I took away was how to work with a team.
Pros
Great coworkers, positive environment
Cons
Tough customers, short breaks
Upbeat and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and getting the satisfaction that all my customers needs were met. Coming to work everyday was a fun and a great learning experience.
agreable
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2018
tres belle equipe jai beaucoup apris la bas tres agreable comme eperience de travail
Pros
une tres belle equipe

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo. Our community is ready to answer.