Aldo Employee Reviews

Canada432 reviews
Good place to start retail
Good place to start retail jobs
People are fun to work with

Management could be better

Employee discount is good

It all depends on how could your manager is for your work experience
Fun workplace with a collaborative enviornment
Very relaxed work place with emphasis and both team building and allowing each individual to flourish. The most enjoyable part of the job was the support that was always felt and the team spirit that pushes everyone to pursue their individual excellence in order to elevate the team.
Loved it
I really loved working at Aldo. Amazing work environment
I would have probably stayed longer-term, but my role was a temp replacement, and we weren't sure how my role would change once the individual I replaced came back. Overall, loved it. At the time, the salary seemed a little low. I have hear, however, that salaries have gotten more competitive with the company.

AWESOME head office and work culture
Good
All the mangers and the supervisor are friendly and it's a company that you show skill and they welcoming ideas. Also the safety of the workers are paramount to the management
Pros
Be urself
Cons
Dedicated to assigned job
Amazing head office
Beautiful location. However, advancement is really difficult since so many people want to work there. Salary negotiation is non-existant... take it or leave it.
No Room For Growth
My typical day involved handling calls from stores (not customer service). I learned a lot through new projects assigned to me, such as installations. Management on my end was very supportive, but their hands were tied by higher management.

Workplace culture is very nice, I enjoyed being part of the campus. Hardest part of the job was handling a few stores, but most stores were very polite. The best part of the job was the team and pushing out quality service. My only gripe is that it was near-impossible for me to move up into a new department.
Great atmosphere to learn and build relationships with people
At Aldo above all else, it is a family company and they do their best to make a big company feel small. Over the course of my career there I have met new people, built and fostered relationships and improved my interpersonal and leadership skills. It is a great business to learn and develop crucial skills to grow in the business world and it is full of knowledgeable people that have a lesson to teach you.

It is a daily hustle to make it in that business and it always was since its founding over 40 years ago. Some people like the hustle others cannot keep up with the fast pace nature; it surely is not for everyone but for myself I definitely do enjoy my time spent there.
Good company to work for.
Good company to work for. They have been around for many years and a lot of advancement from within. Great culture and forward thinking leadership. They also care for their people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aldo?
Good Work/Life Balance, Benefits
Great vacation and benefits, good work/life balance, lots of opportunity for growth. Below average pay, lots of inconsistencies in communication between head office and stores.
Nice workplace
- Nice environment.
-You can dress how you want to.

-Nice co-workers.

-Easy to learn.

-New experiment.

-There is always something to do so you never get bored.
Pros
you have 50% off everything
Cons
not enough hours
Culture, values, personal development , reatail management school, great working environment, based on leadership, respect and trust leading their people to success
Would not recommend to anyone
No regard whatsoever for humans, no respect for employees. Management treats people with such disrespect and fire employees without cause and without notice or pay.
Always a change over
been with the company for years and there is always a change over in staff, not to mention it takes a very long time to move up with the company and there are always promises stated when they are never followed through upon.

It is a great job to have as part-time or while in school, however I do not believe it is the best choice as a career or long-term.
Excellent overall experience. Would recommend to a friend.
Aldo has great founding principles that still reverberate through the organization today. The company is filled with young, passionate professionals trying to turn a profit but also make a difference in their communities and in the world. Great place to work but very fast-paced and can be stressful.
Very competitive environment, stimulating and fun to work at
Management can be worked on, attitude of the team was sometimes too competitive. A typical day at work starts with the manager telling us the goals for the day. Everyone would try their best to attain those goals. However, the manager did not make me feel very included. Except that, it was a fun place to work at and I enjoyed my overall experience.
Over worked underpaid
District managers are not understanding. you’re made to feel guilty/pressured into putting more work in. Very little coaching or store presence from district managers but will write in your quarterlies the things you need to work on but not follow up/ work on these areas with you and then turn it back around on you
Productive workplace
I love working here because I had fun in this fast-paced environment. I gained experience in organizing, stocking and especially maintaining the inventory levels.
Workplace culture.
Toxic. Management was awful, couldn't trust or go to anyone with a problem because it would not help the situation. Going to the DM was useless as well. Every Aldo location I went at was just full of gossip and immaturity. Everyone that works there only cares about themselves and no one else.
Nice place to work for what it’s worth
It’s a nice place to work and gain experience, but they tend to build you up from the company’s belief system, then pile responsibilities on you and under pay you. Also job security is lacking.
Very helpful work experience.
Working at Aldo was kind of difficult the first week i would say, but then i got very use to it and started to like the environment of the work place.
good starting experience
typical day at Aldo making sure to make store budget and organizing assigned sections whilst helping out customers with various needs. After closing hours sections are checked and further cleaned for the next day.