Aldo
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Aldo Employee Reviews

Canada455 reviews

Found 455 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,028 reviews

If you want to work well above overtime with no compensation and recognition this is the place for you.

I really tried to give Aldo a chance because I believe they are fundamentally a good company but they need A LOT of improvement. Management is very pushy with their numbers which is to be expected in any retail environment, but they really don't give you the tools to succeed or to lead a team. It's an absolute mess on a store level where head office constantly shifts and manoeuvres who is manager and where, leaving teams feel unsupported. In general, most of us do way more what our job description with no tools and no pay to reflect the constant overtime and hard work. The salary is extremely unfair and head office seems so detached from what actually goes on on a store level. How can you run a business without knowing the intricacies of how your company is currently running and the work people are actually putting in? This whole company is a game of broken telephone. In general, the people in high positions at Aldo are really sweet and very accessible, but there is a real lack of action. Overall, I loved the company but I leave feeling extremely disappointed with their wasted potential. I hope they put their ear to the ground sometime soon before everyone walks out

Pros

move up quickly, get promoted easy if you work hard, good company values on paper, head office/senior management and is easy to communicate with

Cons

loads of overtime, awful salary, no support/training/tools

Fast paced environment, but be prepared to work

Change in culture after the restructuring. Limited growth for mgnt, and the pay is sad. My store team is amazing though, and they're the reason I stay.

Complete disorganization and chaos

I got hired as an account coordinator for Europe (work with people in Switzerland). On my first day, I showed up at the head office in St Laurent and found a deserted place with no one to welcome me. The IT guy handed me a laptop and told me “you don’t have a workday yet so I don’t have any credentials for you, but good luck”. Again, no one talked to me, showed me around nor took the time to give any guidance whatsoever. I settled in an empty room on the main floor (place was deserted, I don’t even know if I was allowed to go there) and on my first virtual meeting with my team in Europe, I realized the mistake I did in accepting working for Aldo. I never received any guidance, training, explanation, material or ressources of any kind about what I was supposed to do in my new position and how. My days consisted in random meetings about random topics with random people from all around Europe. I was supposed to listen to them to eventually figure out what my job was while trying to understand what the hundreds of emails I would receive meant. Everything was incredibly disorganized without any communication nor explanation about anything, with all employees blaming the “email migration to a new server” to justify this chaos. I tried at first, but after 8 days of work and still not knowing what my job was, I left the masquerade. Incredibly disappointing.

Pros

None.

Cons

I wasted 8 days of my life.

Clut vibe

You gotta drink a lot of cool-aid to be happy working here. Management is reminiscent of the mother from the movie coraline.They expect you to work a lot of over time with no pay, no help or guidance from management or peers. You are thrown a bunch of tasks and they make you feel stupid for asking for help or making things more clear to help you complete your job. Very clicky environment mean girl mentality. I wouldn’t go back to work here if someone gave me a CEO position. I’d rather die of hunger. Thx.

Pros

Nice office (which they no longer have)

Cons

People, environment and low pay

Shady practices and zero transparency

Be warned. They are willing to discard your talent if it means saving a few pennies. They fire people left and right for no reason and the company in general is doing very poorly. Stay away. It’s not worth it.

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Unrealistic expectations

Fast paced environment

Team and management is great. Opportunity to move up in company. Fast paced environment. Learned a lot about management and business. Workplace environment is very respectful

Great organization and amazing people

Great company with amazing people at all levels. Unfortunately, the salary was not comparable to other organizations and I was recruited out for much better financial renumeration.

Pros

People first org

Cons

Salary

Aldo job experience

Amazing working at aldo. Really supportive co workers. Management is amazing. Aldo helps you develop your skills in communication. Really great feeling when I go to work.

Look somewhere else for employment

Good if you want to work partime.Was not given enough hours to survive and was suppose to be full time and was getting less than 20 hrs a week.Dont bother working at this company if you are trying to move up.

Pros

Good work culture

Cons

No hours

If you think about working there please don’t

It was the worst experience ever. Almost sent me into depression. They don’t care about their staff. You are only numbers highly disposable. I witnessed so many shady stuffs while working there you have no idea. The turnover is crazy you don’t even have the time to learn others associates names. Please no matter how desperate you think you are, I am pretty sure you can find something safer and more rewarding elsewhere.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Everything else

Unpleasant atmosphere

I worked for the Aldo group for many many years and despite their poor management and unfathomable salaries, I always believed it would one day get better..Unfortunately they ripped the rug up from me before I had an opportunity to leave willingly. At the time I didn’t realize that were doing me the biggest favour of my life and relieving me of the longest and most toxic relationship I had ever been in..Aldo is a poorly run/managed company. They have all the wrong people in all the wrong places and do not know left from right. It is truly no wonder they are facing foreclosure. It’s been along time coming.

Pros

The office was nice

Cons

Salary

Great people, very creative but too much pressure all the time

Thought this would a good long term career position with great perks... The people are amazing, there's never a lack of someone willing to help out or provide creative ideas. But that's never enough to keep even the most dedicated people. The the enormous amount of work that one person is expected to complete is beyond me. Having a small business mentality for a multi national company is difficult to deal with, overtime is expected and everything is critical. Either we're always in reactive mode or its poor planning is to blame but it's difficult to keep up most days.

Pros

People, office culture, subsidized lunches and gym

Cons

Too much work, lack of resources, expected over time without compensation

Dont car about work life and home life

Just good for the discount. They want you to be avaall the time but when you can't they say your not the right fit. They don't follow policy unless its something that will benefit them

Cons

Treat you like a number

A good stepping stone

Great place to work if you are young and without a family and just starting your career. Overtime is expected, not the exception and you get your time back with time off...if they aren't busy, which is always in fast fashion. Notoriously under pay their employees, but try to make up for it with other perks, benefits and corporate culture.

Pros

Good corporate culture, benefits, corporate office, incentives and clear direction of where the company is headed.

Cons

Severly underpay employees. Expect excessive overtime.

Emploi super

J’ai adoré cet emploi. Ce travail permet beaucoup à développer nos capacités au services à la clientèle et surtout au service de vente conseil. Aucune vente à pression, mais objectif mensuel à atteindre.

Pros

Ambiance

Cons

Heure de travail non respecté

so much unreasonable changes

Confusion of what should be asked from employees to do, unreasonable changes, high turn over rate, instability in decision making from high-level decision-makers so much fake smile

Fast paced environment, with many opportunities to grow within

Great company to build a career, specially if interested in fashion. It's a very fast paced environment, with multiple projects and initiatives run in parallel. This creates multiple opportunities to learn about the different areas of the business and grow professionally within.

Great environment, relaxed atmosphere

Great place to work if one is looking for a slower paced job. The company values aligned with my own, and it was a great work environment where I was able to make friends and learn new things.

If you want kids - dont work here

Was fired 6 months after returning from mat leave. They had unrealistic expectations and told me i was only giving 100 percent and they needed 110. Before becoming pregnant i loved it there. Got a promotion around the same time i found out i was pregnant and they pulled me into the office and asked me to reconcider taking the promotion due to my pregnancy. Terrible place.

Environnement de travail productif et agreable

Environnement de travail productif, agreable et professionnelle

experience

belle experiece, j'ai grandi dans cette entreprise, j'ai appris énormément sur moi

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Aldo with