Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes
Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes Management reviews

Job Title
All
Location
Canada50 reviews
Found 31 reviews matching the search
See all 154 reviews
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Overlapping processes are disorganized, each department is targeting only it's own positive statistic. Very politic. The best comparison to create clear understanding is "Game of Trons" series. But is good place to get experience. Also many good people. Flexible hours.
Was this review helpful?
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
I absolutely loved my time at Aldo. Definitely my favourite job I’ve ever had. My coworkers and management was great. Incentives were good and I felt valued as an employee.
Was this review helpful?
1.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Management are bullies. They say they will coach you but they do nothing. They give you unrealistic sales targets and treat employees badly. No positive coaching, they tell everyone they are replaceable. Lead manager talks behind everyone's back and in a different language so you can't understand what she is saying
Was this review helpful?
1.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Si vous ne voulez pas grandir dans votre emploi, faire rire de vous et vous faire promettre des choses qui n’arriveront pas c’est l’emploi pour vous!!! J’ai 10 ans d’expériences et ça été de loin le pire emploi que j’ai eu! Très mauvaise direction!
Was this review helpful?
1.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Superiors couldnt care any less of their employees. There is NO training program or structure for the employees. They just put you on the floor to work, not ideal for someone who do not have experience in retail world.The fact that there is barely support when it comes to managing. There is always a change in staff and management; this is the location i worked at Marche Central Aldo
Superiors couldn't care less about their employees. Firing people for inadequate reasons.
Not giving hours to people whom they've just hired because they find them not as productive but not having proof or any kind of assessment to prove this fact; Favoritisme.


Theres is nothing protecting the employees. This company do not want to invest in cameras for this store, so employees are subject to being blamed for losses of the store without the burden of any proof.


Hours are badly managed. Either too little staff to handle the whole store so they would call people to come in on their days off’s or too much staff.


Employees do not have commissions. Only the managers get a bonus.


I was expecting a lot when I started working for this company and it is sad to say it did not at all live up to any of my expectations.
Was this review helpful?
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Une journée typique chez Aldo dependence dans l'équipe qui travaille vraiment très relax par des adresses vos faites vous tache.
La direction à beaucoup changée.
Elle a une bonne culture comme entreprise, je ne pas vraiment de problème particulier dans mon travail sauf quand le transporteur ne pas capable se respecte la
Was this review helpful?
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Management is discriminatory. You really have to fight your way if you want to advance or get transferred to another department. I had to vent my frustration to our HR which got the attention of my manager and it was only then that I was allowed to get transferred but then they gave me a hard time at the new department.
Was this review helpful?
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
There’s lots of room for growth and opportunity. The management team is always there for you, there’s lots of support and the benefits are great.
It’s a faced paced and demanding job but it’s very rewarding with lots of incentives. I’d honestly recommend the job to everyone.
Was this review helpful?
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
I’ve been working with Aldo for 13 years. The company is consistently growing. Upper management is relatable and treats you as a person and not a number. I had the opportunity to go to school as a manager and tuition and books were paid for.
Pros
People, growth, learning
Was this review helpful?
1.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Une des pires entreprises en terme de gestion et de promesse non fondés. Aucun respect de la part du supérieur avec un ego surdimensionner ou on ne peux absolument rien dire, aucune aide de sa part même en essayant d'améliorer les choses. Je déconseille fortement . Avec une promesse de 40h/semaine que je n'est jamais perçus. Environnement hypocrite, égoïste.
Was this review helpful?
1.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Worse job ever have in my own life ! Nothing to say more then that.
Pros
Discount, staffs
Cons
Paie, direction, hours
Was this review helpful?
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Un endroit désastreux où nous sommes tous des numéros! Après le chagement de superviseur ce printemps mon intérêts pour ce travail à complètement changé. Changement de personnel incroyable! Pas surprenant par contre!! Aucun soutient! Dans la boutique l'équipe de vente était agréable, j'y ai fait de belles rencontres. Après plus de 3 ans pour cette compagnie je suis heureuse de ne plus y retourner.
Pros
Équipe de vente
Cons
Salaire, superviseur
Was this review helpful?
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Beau magasin. Beaucoup de roulement d'employé(e)s, autant du côté de la direction que des employés de plancher. Culture de l'entreprise de vente.
Pros
Travail d'équipe, beau magasin, rabais employé, bonus
Was this review helpful?
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Amour respect et intégrité sont peut-être les valeurs qui règne au bureau chef mais clairement pas en magasin. Le roulement de personnel est incroyable mais pas surprenant. J’étais vraiment enthousiaste à l’idee de travailler pour le groupe Aldo. J’ai même apprécié mon expérience pendant plusieurs mois même si le salaire n’est pas exceptionnel. Un bon manager et un bon superviseur de district font toute la différence. Malheureusement après 6mois le district a été redivisé, le superviseur a changé et mon intérêt pour cette compagnie est disparu aussitôt. Si vous travaillez 50h une semaine ne vous attendez surtout pas a pouvoir en travailler une à 32 et être payé 40h. Si vous pensez que les périodes black out se résume à 2-3 mois par années attendez-vous à désenchanter. 1 week-end off par mois ? Oublier sa on ajoute des week-ends obligatoires sans préavis régulièrement. Le système d’invetaire est bidon attendez-vous à passer plus de la moitié de votre temps à faire du stock si vous n’êtes pas un magasin à gros volume et bien sûr on s’attend de vous des chiffres de vente incroyable. 5jours payées de maladies ? Vous êtes mieux d’avoir un mot du médecin et se ne dois pas être plus de 5jours sinon on ne vous les payera pas débrouillez vous avec votre assurance si vous l’avez prise. N’oubliez pas d’être une vrai carte de mode avec votre salaire de misère parce qu’on vous jugera sévèrement si se n’est pas le cas. Si quelqu’un est malade / démissionne durant vos vacances attendez-vous à devoir rentrer au travail. Le seul point positif les assurances collectives sont descentes. 50% sur - more...
Pros
Assurance collective, rabais sur la marchandise
Cons
Pas de pause, pas de soutiens des dirigeants, pression sur les ventes
Was this review helpful?
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
nous étions 4 employées et si nous n'avions aucun coin repas pour manger
Was this review helpful?
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
I was super excited to work at Aldo but it's probably the most uncomfortable working environment. Their goals are unreasonable and you have to sell shoe care products (insoles & cleaners), bags and accessories. Shoe care is their biggest asset apparently so you would have to sell multiple products PER transaction. I would go into work stressed out and it's just not worth it for a part timer. Management was a mess. When I got back from my vacation, I texted my manager for the schedule and was never answered. Very disorganized. The only enjoyable thing were the people that worked there. I didn't want to go to any of my shifts. To close the store, whether it's a weekday or a weekend, you usually stay 1 hour after closing which is absolutely insane. For the 1 hour, you're dusting, facing, organizing the accessories, making sure all the shoe laces are the same, handbags (make sure all handles are the same way and make sure the chains are placed properly), sweeping, windex-ing and taking out the garbage. If the facing is not done right, they actually get really mad at you and give you a tutorial on how to face and DUST(???). If you're not super competitive, this place is not for you.
Pros
Discount & Co-workers
Cons
Everything
Was this review helpful?
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Expérience valorisante, milieu très actuelle et pro-actif.

Collaborer avec la district manager de Québec a été hyper gratifiant. c'est une belle expérience de travail en gestion de commerce. Peu reconnu auprès des employeurs dans les autre domaine que le commerce aux détail. L'avancement est très rapide.
Pros
club élite très motivant
Cons
horaire intense
Was this review helpful?
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Initially I interviewed to work at the Spring location for the Aldo company, they ended up moving me around to different stores once I got hired, which was disappointing because it wasn't the job I had thought I was getting, but was nice that they made an effort to keep a job for me once I was hired.

The Spring location was amazing to work for. No complaints. Fun shifts, staff was all nice, if you work part time it's not a commission based position so not stressful or competitive.
Management at the time was so patient and respectful. Really enjoyed working for them.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Not guaranteed to stay at the store you interview for
Was this review helpful?
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
It was face paced and I learned a lot about sales and customer service. Sales quotas were a bit tough at the beginning but you get used to it fast. Management could use some work
Pros
great staff
Cons
long hours or not enough shifts - no happy medium
Was this review helpful?
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
The DM's literally have their foots on the necks of all employees, with obvious favouritism. (atleast mine did) Also enforces rules that were never mentioned or practiced previously, so obviously came to a shock if u were to ever break one of the many "rules" they secretly have but dont tell u about. have a "deal with it" attitude when it comes to the schedule. (they expect u to basically give them ur soul.) managers or DM's will change the schedule mid-week without telling anyone and act like its not ILLEGAL. Also u cant even be a regular customer anymore, ur always on watch and HAVE to be checked out by YOUR manager otherwise u cant shop or purchase merchandise from anywhere. promised benefits, never received them. Only pro is the people and coworkers u meet make the workplace environment really fun and bearable.
Pros
lol
Cons
everything
Was this review helpful?
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Aldo est une entreprise ou on se sent nous, environnement et respectueux,
Was this review helpful?
Claimed Profile
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.
Overall rating
3.2
Based on 154 reviews
5
33
4
40
3
35
2
20
1
26
Ratings by category
3.0
Work/Life Balance
2.8
Salary/Benefits
3.0
Job Security/Advancement
3.0
Management
3.3
Culture