Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes Management reviews

Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 July 2018
I was super excited to work at Aldo but it's probably the most uncomfortable working environment. Their goals are unreasonable and you have to sell shoe care products (insoles & cleaners), bags and accessories. Shoe care is their biggest asset apparently so you would have to sell multiple products PER transaction. I would go into work stressed out and it's just not worth it for a part timer. Management was a mess. When I got back from my vacation, I texted my manager for the schedule and was never answered. Very disorganized. The only enjoyable thing were the people that worked there. I didn't want to go to any of my shifts. To close the store, whether it's a weekday or a weekend, you usually stay 1 hour after closing which is absolutely insane. For the 1 hour, you're dusting, facing, organizing the accessories, making sure all the shoe laces are the same, handbags (make sure all handles are the same way and make sure the chains are placed properly), sweeping, windex-ing and taking out the garbage. If the facing is not done right, they actually get really mad at you and give you a tutorial on how to face and DUST(???). If you're not super competitive, this place is not for you.
Pros
Discount & Co-workers
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON15 June 2018
It was face paced and I learned a lot about sales and customer service. Sales quotas were a bit tough at the beginning but you get used to it fast. Management could use some work
Pros
great staff
Cons
long hours or not enough shifts - no happy medium
Horrible district manager
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 February 2018
The DM's literally have their foots on the necks of all employees, with obvious favouritism. (atleast mine did) Also enforces rules that were never mentioned or practiced previously, so obviously came to a shock if u were to ever break one of the many "rules" they secretly have but dont tell u about. have a "deal with it" attitude when it comes to the schedule. (they expect u to basically give them ur soul.) managers or DM's will change the schedule mid-week without telling anyone and act like its not ILLEGAL. Also u cant even be a regular customer anymore, ur always on watch and HAVE to be checked out by YOUR manager otherwise u cant shop or purchase merchandise from anywhere. promised benefits, never received them. Only pro is the people and coworkers u meet make the workplace environment really fun and bearable.
Pros
lol
Cons
everything
Would not recommend
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 December 2017
Very catty, the social atmosphere is like the cast of the movie "Mean Girls"..
Very Superficial management.
Horrible scheduling with no consideration or fix to their errors..
They have a "deal with it" attitude and do not address their issues.. You find out when it is too late
Awful District to work for
Retail (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2017
The DM doesn't care about peoples growth or development.Lots of Favortism in the region. Get use to being over promised and under delivered too.
I have worked for over 6 retailers and this by far was the worst one yet.
Cons
No job security, They do not value their employees
productive and fun place to work at.
sales associate/ stock coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2017
great job. got along with other employees really well, had lots in common which made work a lot more fun.
made new friends, and made new memories. Management was super easily going, very understanding of your needs.
Pros
interacting with new people
Cons
not enough hours
fun work, place low pay for labour
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2017
not enough pay for the amount of labor done. But fun and easy going environment depending on management. 1
Overall great experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2017
My typical day involved opening the store, maximizing on sales and mentoring the team. I've learned great time management and customer service skills.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2016
Very nice coworkers, along with good management. A typical day of work consists of making sure we sell novi products to our clients. Usually the customers tend to buy them seeing as they are inexpensive and useful to have.